Miami for solo?

DeBlonde1

Hi,

I just booked a cruise yesterday and I want a pre-cruise hotel for 1 night (Feb 21st). I want to hang out by a nice pool or on the beach in a safe area. I will be footing the bill for cabs and hotel alone, so reasonable pricing ($300 max) and close distance to port is preferred.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I just booked a cruise yesterday and I want a pre-cruise hotel for 1 night (Feb 21st). I want to hang out by a nice pool or on the beach in a safe area. I will be footing the bill for cabs and hotel alone, so reasonable pricing ($300 max) and close distance to port is preferred.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

The Brickell or downtown area will be about a $12 cab ride to the port the day of the cruise.

The Four Seasons on Brickell Ave is available and there pool is amazing! It's a bit more than your $300 at $321.11. The Conrad Miami on Brickell is also available for $249.26, great hotel but their pool is just a standard pool. Both of these prices were off of last minute travel.com.

Check into the Viceroy. They have one of the best pools in the country.

Any of the great beach hotels over on south beach at this point are well over the $300 mark that I know of.

The Brickell or downtown area will be about a $12 cab ride to the port the day of the cruise.

The Four Seasons on Brickell Ave is available and there pool is amazing! It's a bit more than your $300 at $321.11. The Conrad Miami on Brickell is also available for $249.26, great hotel but their pool is just a standard pool. Both of these prices were off of last minute travel.com.

Any of the great beach hotels over on south beach at this point are well over the $300 mark that I know of.

Those are great prices!!

I just booked The Hotel on South Beach for one night next week for a cocktail party we are going to at The Shore Club and begged the reservations guy to give me a break on the price. With taxes I am paying almost $400 for the Florida resident rate.

Thanks, Carolyn. I just changed my flight and will be coming in later. So I guess the pool/beach doesn't matter. Would you recommend EB by the airport ? I saw a room for $200 on that last minute travel club. They supposedly have a free shuttle from airport and then I could just cab to the pier.

Thanks, Carolyn. I just changed my flight and will be coming in later. So I guess the pool/beach doesn't matter. Would you recommend EB by the airport ? I saw a room for $200 on that last minute travel club. They supposedly have a free shuttle from airport and then I could just cab to the pier.

Not a hotel that I know of. Perhaps someone else here can give an opinion. The only hotels that I have ever stayed at over in that area is the Homewood Suites and the Sofitel.

For late arrivals Embassy Suites by MIA is nice but somewhat isolated - no nearby dining or shopping options. Hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA are a better choice IMHO - shopping and dining nearby and some (Hampton Inn) offer a package that includes a shuttle to POM - otherwise you are looking at a $10-15 shuttle bill or $25-30 for a cab.

For late arrivals Embassy Suites by MIA is nice but somewhat isolated - no nearby dining or shopping options. Hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA are a better choice IMHO - shopping and dining nearby and some (Hampton Inn) offer a package that includes a shuttle to POM - otherwise you are looking at a $10-15 shuttle bill or $25-30 for a cab.

Is this the Hampton Inn that you are talking about?

Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport South

I did a solo cruise last year out of Miami. I changed things up and booked the Holiday Inn on Biscayne. I'm glad I did. The Bayside Marketplace is right across the street. If you aren't familiar with Miami, it's an outdoor mall. It has stores, food and the night I went, it was the Super Bowl and there was a lot of places to watch the game. I felt very safe the entire time I was there. I went the night before the cruise and the day of the cruise.

Hotel room was fine and overlooked Biscayne Boulevard and I was looking right at Bayside. I think it was $12 to the ship. If I had to do it again, I would book it again just because it is so close to the mall.

I did a solo cruise last year out of Miami. I changed things up and booked the Holiday Inn on Biscayne. I'm glad I did. The Bayside Marketplace is right across the street. If you aren't familiar with Miami, it's an outdoor mall. It has stores, food and the night I went, it was the Super Bowl and there was a lot of places to watch the game. I felt very safe the entire time I was there. I went the night before the cruise and the day of the cruise.

Hotel room was fine and overlooked Biscayne Boulevard and I was looking right at Bayside. I think it was $12 to the ship. If I had to do it again, I would book it again just because it is so close to the mall.

Thank you for the advice. I will check it out!

Just came back from a solo cruise in Miami end of January.

I stayed at the Red Roof Plus on Le June road. They have a free shuttle to/from airport every 30 minutes, and they also have a port shuttle to the ship but not back from it.

I didn't use the shuttle, didn't want to wait until 1;00 pm so I took a taxi. Cost me about $ 32.00 one way with a good tip.

The hotel is clean, has a nice pool, vending machines for munchies,and a free breakfast of prepackaged bagels, muffins, with coffee. They also offer room service which looked pretty good. There is a restaurant next door but not much else within walking distance, so if a lot of amenities are important it may not be the place for you. If you leave the hotel and take a left, there is a Mobil gas station about a 10 minute walk away. They have all types of snacks, bottles of wine, etc if you want munchies.