Harvest Caye

skyfire53

Has anyone done the Scipio Caye snorkeling excursion at Harvest Caye? The reef around Scipio Caye looks amazing!

I would love to see a response on this. Leaving on the 23 with hubby and friends. They were able to see and book this excursion. I have not. Called Ncl and I keep getting conflicting info.

I can't find any info anywhere about this excursion.

I received notification yesterday that the snorkeling excursion has been cancelled for our July cruise. When I went to the website almost all excursions were removed other than the zip line, and a couple others. All offsite tours are gone. Any recent cruisers on Escape with any details on why these excursions are no longer available?

• 1 month later...
Is there anywhere on HC to get massages?
If you get off the ship and come to Placencia Village, Secret Garden Massage is located a short walk down the main road from the pier. 60 minute massages are US$55 and they are #1 on Trip Advisor. You can email to make an advance appointment. Visa and MC accepted

I would love to see a response on this. Leaving on the 23 with hubby and friends. They were able to see and book this excursion. I have not. Called Ncl and I keep getting conflicting info.

I can't find any info anywhere about this excursion.

I think you can get off the ship and book at Placencia pier. They have just started and done it twice so far.

• 1 year later...

I don't usually revive old threads but what the hell ....

Just got back from a Getaway cruise . I found HC to be fake fake fake . However it's perfect for those whose version of paradise is a giant crowded wading pool where you can drink your pina colada . The beach sand is actually small sharp ground shells . The only living thing in the ocean is seaweed . 

If you are going to enjoy the beach , try and grab lounges under the yellow umbrellas . These are limited . The clamshells (extra $) are useless for shade . Lots and lots of lounges though . Food and drink are OK but all extra fee . Drinks are not covered by the drink package .

They continue to develop this property in the area beyond the cabanas . More revenue streams no doubt . 

On 12/19/2016 at 10:03 AM, angeleyes27 said:

I thought the island was beautifully landscaped and I liked it. But they can't expect people to be there in the heat (and it was extremely hot and humid) with no water except to buy it at the bar. That is unacceptable.

On 12/19/2016 at 4:42 PM, SuperMommy said:

I think they have addressed the water issue when we were there the week after Thanksgiving. I saw several carts with water coolers on them and had several staff offer us water by the cup. There is something to be said for hostage hospitality and so long as people keep throwing money at NCL they won't change anything. I was certainly surprised at the drinks being served in Norwegian Cruise Line cups and even more surprised at how many people were ordering.

But at least it looks like they've gotten some water stations going.

Well they have taken away any water you don't pay for . I looked for water fountains . Nope . You want water , you better pay !

Even Disney , Universal , sports arenas etc have free water . NCL is the worst .

On 3/15/2019 at 5:33 PM, richstowe said:

If you are going to enjoy the beach , try and grab lounges under the yellow umbrellas . These are limited . The clamshells (extra $) are useless for shade . Lots and lots of lounges though . Food and drink are OK but all extra fee . Drinks are not covered by the drink package .

Well they have taken away any water you don't pay for . I looked for water fountains . Nope . You want water , you better pay !

Even Disney , Universal , sports arenas etc have free water . NCL is the worst .

Wow, this is shocking, no access to free water?  That would seem like a basic need they'd want to meet with the heat involved and dangers of heat stroke.

Can you confirm there is not charge to sit under the yellow umbrellas?  We found many on our last sailing on Dawn (smaller ship) but I thought I might have read someone came by asking for money now adays.  That would errk me not to be able to use and umbrella already there for free; shade is hard to come by.

31 minutes ago, SAmome said:

Can you confirm there is not charge to sit under the yellow umbrellas? 

No charge . Now down the road who knows but no charge currently .

36 minutes ago, SAmome said:

Wow, this is shocking, no access to free water?  That would seem like a basic need they'd want to meet with the heat involved and dangers of heat stroke.

Yep !  I looked for and asked 2 people and no free water . If there is some somewhere , they are hiding it . 

They may pretend that HC is run independently but NCL call the shots and this is how they want it . 

The first time we were there (it had only been open a couple of weeks) they were offering free water from carts; it was an excessively hot day. But, we were led to believe that it was not the norm to do that.

The next year, I didn't see any free water but we took the boat over to the mainland and didn't spend much time in Harvest Caye.

We really don't like it much and might avoid any more cruises that go there, if we can.  Not much to do unless you want to drink, beach and water area is not good, most activities are expensive.  You can do some wandering around to different areas for free.  I don't want to shop in the overpriced shops or swim in the crowded pool.   

It is a totally fake experience and stop and I believe was created only as a way to make money out of people.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser
  • Like 1

For those wishing to get off the fake island and take the ferry to Placencia and would like an alternative to the Beliken beers, there's a craft brewery opening next month I believe, called "HOBBS".  On the beach from pictures.  I'll see if I can get more details from friends who travel there.

20 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

For those wishing to get off the fake island and take the ferry to Placencia and would like an alternative to the Beliken beers, there's a craft brewery opening next month I believe, called "HOBBS".  On the beach from pictures.  I'll see if I can get more details from friends who travel there.

Opened yesterday.   At the Serenity Beach Resort, a 1/4 mile north of the airstrip.

• 4 weeks later...