PRINCESS PRATTLE - Diamond and Golden

finally! a thread specific to Diamond (& Golden). October will be our first cruise on Diamond so i'm looking forward to learning all about her here (and sharing info post cruise). Right now, my pressing question is whether Diamond has power adaptors onboard for the duration of the cruise?

finally! a thread specific to Diamond (& Golden). October will be our first cruise on Diamond so i'm looking forward to learning all about her here (and sharing info post cruise). Right now, my pressing question is whether Diamond has power adaptors onboard for the duration of the cruise?

Hi chrisandkaryn,

It's best to BYO. There weren't any on our 2013 cruise. Keep the Q's coming.

(Everyone can help answer these ;))

This question is Diamond specific. There was mention on the Princess forums of some ships having exposed balconies or partly enclosed balconies. I loved our E1 balcony on the Voyager because it was totally enclosed, private, and wind protected. Is there a balcony category on the Diamond that offers this? (I am only interested in midship cabins - not aft).

Thanks for doing this.

My question is re the whole Princess fleet in Australia. Which is the largest and which is the smallest ship (capacity wise)? Which ship has been operating the longest in Australia and which is the newest addition to the fleet?

The Sun Princess arrived in Feb 2008, followed by the Dawn 2009 and most recently the Sea 2013.(I could be out a year or so here)

The Diamond and more recently the Golden are here in our summer.

We get the "hand-me-downs" from the US fleet, but personally I like the 3 Aus based ships under 2000pax (1998 pax). The Diamond and Golden are larger and carry 2670 pax.

If you want to know more, the Princess site offers an good reference point.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/

Edited by Kinkacruiser

This question is Diamond specific. There was mention on the Princess forums of some ships having exposed balconies or partly enclosed balconies. I loved our E1 balcony on the Voyager because it was totally enclosed, private, and wind protected. Is there a balcony category on the Diamond that offers this? (I am only interested in midship cabins - not aft).

C deck balconies on the Diamond are partly covered and are larger than others. Sorry, I'm not familiar with E1 Voyager balconies, but maybe someone can help.

might mention for any newbies cruising on the Diamond & Golden during our summer season from october 2015-16 the currency will be AUD and gratuities will be included in with the fare but if you have good service you can tip extra if you wish

C deck balconies on the Diamond are partly covered and are larger than others. Sorry, I'm not familiar with E1 Voyager balconies, but maybe someone can help.

Hi Anna,

Isn't it Dolphin deck that has the deeper partly covered balconies,where those above (C,B,A ) can look down on you.:)

Hi Anna,

Isn't it Dolphin deck that has the deeper partly covered balconies,where those above (C,B,A ) can look down on you.:)

Hi Trevor,

Minis on Dolphin are definitely larger in full view of the upper decks. You could be right in that they are partly covered.

I'll check that out. Thanks :)

Mr Google says"completely uncovered" for D deck minis.

Edited by Kinkacruiser

Hi guys,

Re Diamond balconies

Dolphin mini suite balconies are totally open no cover:eek:

Caribe balconies above look right down on them, there is no privacy on Dolphin balconies.

Caribe balconies are one third covered, so you have shade/sun and privacy as the floor of the Baja above cover the first third as you walk out the door.

Aloha and Baja balconies are covered.

I believe the balcony sizes are :

Aloha and Baja 9x5

Dolphin 9x7

Caribe 9x9

So Caribe is pick of the bunch for me, large and partly covered. We just had C705 and it was the same Cat as a Baja with a small balcony.

Hope that helps,

Chez

xx

might mention for any newbies cruising on the Diamond & Golden during our summer season from october 2015-16 the currency will be AUD and gratuities will be included in with the fare but if you have good service you can tip extra if you wish

My booking for the Diamond in Feb 2016 states that the folio charges are in AUD but the notices specifically states that I will be charged the daily gratuities in USD. Will that change? I sure don't want to prepay gratuities and find they were included. :)

My booking for the Diamond in Feb 2016 states that the folio charges are in AUD but the notices specifically states that I will be charged the daily gratuities in USD. Will that change? I sure don't want to prepay gratuities and find they were included. :)

with the gratuities included in the fare that is only for aussies & kiwis booking with a local agent so any overseas cruisers would still have to pay the gratuities on a daily basis

with the gratuities included in the fare that is only for aussies & kiwis booking with a local agent so any overseas cruisers would still have to pay the gratuities on a daily basis

Thanks. Glad to have that cleared up. It would have been much clearer if the notifications had stated there would be a conversion. It is posted as if they are talking 2 separate currencies for the single cruise.

I've never NOT been able to get one, but always take my own now.

thanks GUT2407 - we figure if we take our own, we won't be spending time at Guest Relations picking up and then returning one.

next question: are you allocated an embarkation time or are you able to select a period of time when you do your online boarding pass?

If yours dies, like mine did once ask your steward.

I am not sure about embarkation times but I think we just showed up.

thanks GUT2407 - we figure if we take our own, we won't be spending time at Guest Relations picking up and then returning one.

next question: are you allocated an embarkation time or are you able to select a period of time when you do your online boarding pass?

if you want to get onboard by 12 noon and have lunch get there about 10.30-11am am and if you dont mind waiting but you will get caught up in the early rush but if your not fussed get there after 1pm and you should get onboard pretty quick

On our Christmas cruise last year the steward brought us one, without us even asking for it. Even had an adaptor and power bord plugged in at the time:). Just ask your steward.