Luggage Valet Form

duegwb

I am thinking of doing the Luggage Valet program on my cruise this summer on the IOS. Does anyone have a recent copy of the form from RCI? I just want to be able to have it all filled out before I get there.

This is from Allure:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44781195&postcount=32

Does anyone have info on the luggage valet policy from Port Canaveral (Freedom of the Seas) to the Orlando airport? What I need to know is there a cutoff time for your flight? The valet form for FLL airport says flights between 11:30 - 6 p.m. Is it the same time frame for Orlando airport???

Does anyone have info on the luggage valet policy from Port Canaveral (Freedom of the Seas) to the Orlando airport? What I need to know is there a cutoff time for your flight? The valet form for FLL airport says flights between 11:30 - 6 p.m. Is it the same time frame for Orlando airport???

I am thinking of doing the Luggage Valet program on my cruise this summer on the IOS. Does anyone have a recent copy of the form from RCI? I just want to be able to have it all filled out before I get there.

Recently when participating in the luggage valet program I have filled out the form on my room TV screen - no paper form. You just typed in all the information and submitted the form. This was on the Oasis last year, and Allure in 2012.

They do have the paper forms available at guest services, but it is easy to do on the TV and when you are just sitting in your cabin you have all the information at your finger tips - your flight number, times, etc.

So just to clarify... That is JUST Southwest Airlines out of FLL after 6 pm RIGHT?

We are flying with Jetblue with a 6:35 pm flight and were really hoping to use the valet service.

Correct, airlines other than Southwest have a midnight limit.

Recently when participating in the luggage valet program I have filled out the form on my room TV screen - no paper form. You just typed in all the information and submitted the form. This was on the Oasis last year, and Allure in 2012.

They do have the paper forms available at guest services, but it is easy to do on the TV and when you are just sitting in your cabin you have all the information at your finger tips - your flight number, times, etc.

That's even better. I wonder if the IOS has this feature?

No, I meant being able to do it from the TV instead of going to guest services.

If it does, we couldn't find it so we just submitted the paper version. on Independence, the interactive TV isn't as interactive as the newer ships.

My luggage was not given to the airlines. I was home four days before I got my bag. I was on IOS. I WONT be doing luggage valet again.

Do you know that for certain or could that have been an excuse from the airline?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

100% sure. Rccl refunded my 20.00 and THEY found it in warehouse a few days after airline couldn't find it. Airline showed they had it because of luggage tag number issued at midnight, but luggage was never given to them. It was taken off ship, but stayed in warehouse. It was sent back via UPS (or fedex), not via airlines

100% sure. Rccl refunded my 20.00 and THEY found it in warehouse a few days after airline couldn't find it. Airline showed they had it because of luggage tag number issued at midnight, but luggage was never given to them. It was taken off ship, but stayed in warehouse. It was sent back via UPS (or fedex), not via airlines

How long ago did this happen?

• 8 months later...

Does RCI ever make exceptions. The Southwest window just opened for our 5/2016 Allure sailing. I was up a good part of the night trying to book flights for

6 family members . Most afternoon flights were "not avaiable" at the cheaper fares.

So we had a choice 11:10 am or 7:25 PM. We always use luggage valet.

Other airlines were too expensive at this time.

This cruise more than ever it would be important as we are traveling with 2 toddlers. When I returned from my Oasis cruise in September disembarkation and customs were a nightmare- worst in 34 cruises! We had luggage valet!

Needless to say I am very concerned about our May Allure cruise!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Edited by luv4cruises
Typos

After 34 cruises you know getting off the ship can be a PITA or not, part of cruising. Looks like you will have to collect your luggage this time, get a porter, they are a big help, or do a walk off with your luggage if you can manage

Dies RCI ever make exceptions. The Southwest window just opened for our 5/2016 Allure sailing. I was up a good part of the night trying to book flights for

6 family members . Mist afternoon flights were "not avaiable" at the cheaper fares.

This cruise more than ever it would be important as we are traveling with 2 toddlers. When I returned from my Oadis cruise in September disembarkation and customs were a nightmare- worst in 34 cruises! We had luggage valet!

Thank you!

Unfortunately, it's not up to RCI to make exceptions but rather Southwest when using Luggage Valet. It's the airlines that set the time restraints on your departing flight. You would not be able to find this out until once on board.

Edited by cruisenfever

Does RCI ever make exceptions. The Southwest window just opened for our 5/2016 Allure sailing. I was up a good part of the night trying to book flights for

6 family members . Most afternoon flights were "not avaiable" at the cheaper fares.

This cruise more than ever it would be important as we are traveling with 2 toddlers. When I returned from my Oasis cruise in September disembarkation and customs were a nightmare- worst in 34 cruises! We had luggage valet!

Thank you!

The 11:10 am flight should be fine, especially with luggage valet. Walk off early without your bags. I'd totally go for that.