So what do we think about O's new website?

kekilia

Mike,

Add to your list:

Oceania Club info missing

Past cruises missing

On the working side:

My current booking (2/13/15) is listed along with my dining reservations and cooking classes.

Keep slugging, I'm sure it will all work out.

Mike,

Just checked my profile as suggested. The DOB was missing so I entered it. Everything else was correct. Clicked on save and it said my email address was incorrect. It was correct. I voided what was in the box and re-entered the email in the two boxes. It was again rejected as invalid.

Thanks

I was hoping someone from O would read my thread and it might be helpful if users could post here. Thank you for validating that by asking for more :D.

Anyway, and this is really for Mike, posters, my biggest issue is that the site won't fit on the screen on my iPad. I like some things about the site, but I find it hard to tell between a malfunction and a deliberate stop, eg, when I attempted to book an additional La Reserve date (I already have one), the site allowed me to select it, then I went to cart to pay and the processing msg just went on and on. I also could not get it to do anything when I attempted to book dining. I know I am more than 90 days out, but before the site would give me a message with the reservation rules. Such navigational aids are lacking and I think the site would be easier for newbies if there were more direction and prompts. Thank you for listening.:)

Edited by kekilia

I was hoping someone from O would read my thread and it might be helpful if users could post here. Thank you for validating that by asking for more :D.

Anyway, and this is really for Mike, posters, my biggest issue is that the site won't fit on the screen on my iPad. I like some things about the site, but I find it hard to tell between a malfunction and a deliberate stop, eg, when I attempted to book an additional La Reserve date (I already have one), the site allowed me to select it, then I went to cart to pay and the processing msg just went on and on. I also could not get it to do anything when I attempted to book dining. I know I am more than 90 days out, but before the site would give me a message with the reservation rules. Such navigational aids are lacking and I think the site would be easier for newbies if there were more direction and prompts. Thank you for listening.:)

Funny, it fits the screen on my ipad.

Funny, it fits the screen on my ipad.

On my iPad it is skewed to the left.

Also, is there any way O could really remember me?? I was hoping the new site would, but it doesn't.

Other than that, all my information is there, including my La Reserve.

Greencay - Does your email address by chance have two periods after the @ symbol? We're having an issue on the Edit Profile screen where some validation in place just on that screen is thinking email addresses with two periods are invalid.

kekilia - Yes, it shouldn't let you attempt to book dining outside of your window. But there are no limitations on La Reserve, so we'll have to look into that. And one of the things that we did resolve was the site not remembering you. You do have to have cookies turned on for that to be functional however.

2cagain - which cruise is it that you sailed but don't appear to be getting credit for? Or can you not tell looking at the screen?

Wanted to provide you all with an update. Those of you that have two periods after the @ symbol in your email address that were unable to update your profile after adding your date of birth, that problem has been resolved. Thank you again for your patience!

Overall, the look and feel is kind of brash and unfinished. This is on a laptop. Fonts are large, and formatting of some tables are not yet right (content overlapping). This was under "Find a Cruise". I'm hoping that the functionality will be way better, but the old site had an elegant look and feel that the new one doesn't, yet.

IMO, the old softer buttons and text were more elegant. New may be easier to read but simple, uninteresting fonts. Just an opinion...;)

Greencay - Does your email address by chance have two periods after the @ symbol? We're having an issue on the Edit Profile screen where some validation in place just on that screen is thinking email addresses with two periods are invalid.

kekilia - Yes, it shouldn't let you attempt to book dining outside of your window. But there are no limitations on La Reserve, so we'll have to look into that. And one of the things that we did resolve was the site not remembering you. You do have to have cookies turned on for that to be functional however.

2cagain - which cruise is it that you sailed but don't appear to be getting credit for? Or can you not tell looking at the screen?

Mike

I cannot tell which 3 of my 4 previous cruises wasn't coumted. Profile shows full details of 4 prev but I am only credited with 3. Can't tell more from screen.

Like the changes...particularly the addition of the Deck Plans which remain available through the booking process. Saves having to have two separate web sites open. Thanks for your teams dedication.

P.S. The Affordable Health Care site still needs a lot of help.......I have just sent them your email address :D

Like the changes...particularly the addition of the Deck Plans which remain available through the booking process. Saves having to have two separate web sites open. Thanks for your teams dedication.

P.S. The Affordable Health Care site still needs a lot of help.......I have just sent them your email address :D

Thank you for the kind words. But just how much free time do you think I have? ;)

Hambagahle - So after completing all of the mandatory fields on the Edit Proflie screen (including address, etc.) you press the Save button, receive confirmation that your changes have been saved, but your past sailings still don't appear? Would you mind sending me an email so I can request some other information from you? Generally the only time we have a problem is when the information that you are entering doesn't match what we have in our reservations system. For example, we occasionally will find that we have your middle initial as part of your last name, so the added validation that we have on the new site - while originally might be frustrating - it has led us to fixing a few records, making for a better experience long-term.

Thank you all again for your patience - smoother seas are ahead!

This new website is terrible.

Most of my info is incorrect or incomplete.

Apparently you did not follow what happened when our Government tried to implement an Affordable Health Care Website that was far from complete.

We sail in a week and can not book anything; shore excursions, etc. I guess I will have to try and call Oceania direct. If it like the ACA I will be on hold for days :eek: !

Good morning G&G - I am sorry to hear that you are frustrated this morning. Can you be a bit more specific so that I may assist you? Many of the items bookable on our website, such as shore excursions, dining reservations, etc. must be booked a week in advance of sailing - with any changes made after that time done once you get onboard. Feel free to email me at mmoore@prestigecruiseholdings.com with what specifically you are having a problem with and I will be happy to help.

Tody I got many error signs ?.could not go in .....why?

Could you be a bit more specific mmemichele? We've been able to assist most everyone in this thread fairly quickly, so if you can provide a few details, I'm sure we can help.

I tried to get in to check a cruise for next feb i got a bunch of error messages ..computer language ..should i go and tell you exactly what it says ?

Could you fix customer service in Miami ...dread calling these people ..my last e.perience with them was very unsatisfactory for my cruises in Jan ...20 days in FP

However thanks for the winter collection book I am using as a reference for next years cruise ...loved French Polynesia ...nothing compares for this avid snorkeler but this time want to go further west ..trying to convince others to join me ...LOL

I tried to get in to check a cruise for next feb i got a bunch of error messages ..computer language ..should i go and tell you exactly what it says ?

If you still have the errors and computer language then yes, that would be most beneficial. You can either post it here or feel free to email me. Thank you for your patience and I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Hi Mike!

Thank you for your dedication! Something I just came across: on the bottom of the main page, there is an option Guest Services. When you select it has a drop down to "update my mail preferences". When you take the link, it puts you into a drop down with two options. I tried selecting the option "remove me from the mailing list", and it does not populate anything or allow you to enter any information. Thanks...Tina