So what do we think about O's new website?

kekilia

We are on the RTW16 and had problems yesterday with the website log on.

We emailed him at the address given on this thread and thanks to Mike and/or his people, it was taken care of quickly....like in 5 minutes!!

Mr Wonderful is a tech nerd from waaaayyy back and he thought they did a great job in his situation.

Thanks Mike and staff!

Our pleasure cbb - enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Cruseforme - we're trying to reproduce your issue on an iPad. That version of Safari is a few years old, so we're focusing on the iPad for now.

Edited by Mike Moore

Just a couple of comments -- the ex Test Engineer is coming out.

First Like the new look and the old functionality seems there plus many new nice features. I know this is a work in progress so many of my comments are improvement in nature.

Some questions - comments

If you go to your booking and you click on your stateroom. Should you not go to your stateroom deckplan? Seems to default to deck 3 on Nautica rather than deck 8 where our actual booking is. Further comment. When you click on this you are exiting the booking and going to a general ship page. It would be nicer if you opened another window/tab when you do this. This will allow you to maintain your booking and explore the ship on the newly opened tab.

For our booking - Precruise hotels are no longer viewable. We did not book one but on old site we could see what was available.

Shore Excursions -- get error message, "Due to Excursion restrictions you can not shop at this time." I presume this means that shore excursions are not yet available... Might be nice if you were clearer.

How can I view my itinerary (stops) in the booked cruise. On the old site it was easy. Adding a Tab before the shore excursions would be nice. Now I have to save the cruise as a "saved cruise" to view this info.

I do like the "to do list." It would be nice if it could be user editable to add things to this. Like book shore excursions, land programs, visas. Or perhaps provide the dates when land programs and shore excursions would be available and when you book them -- the check mark would appear.

Visas -- there was general more information. Like what countries require visas. Do you intend on expanding this area to be cruise specific. What is there no is not very helpful --

"Oceania Cruises is pleased to offer an assortment of options and information to our guests to assist them in obtaining the many varied visas that are required to visit some of our more exotic destinations."

Beverage Packages -- similar comment -- nothing really here. Is the intent here to allow you to book a package or provide information. If providing information you could open another Tab in the beverage package general information section.

Mike

I cannot tell which 3 of my 4 previous cruises wasn't coumted. Profile shows full details of 4 prev but I am only credited with 3. Can't tell more from screen.

Hi 2cagain - the issue is with your first cruise with us onboard Insignia in 2011. If you will send me an email I will be happy to explain further.

Other than the embarkation/disembarkation on the first/last day of our upcoming cruise and it appears most cruises I searched on, all looks great. I am very pleased with it and applaud Mike for working directly with users on a public website. Keep up the good work and thanks for improving the website.

If I go to the new web-site, and I want to see cruises for May and June of 2015, for a duration of BOTH 7 day and 8-10 day, I can only select ONE, either 7 day OR 8-10 day.

Previously I could select both and all cruises that match would come up.

Is that an error, or is that the new way to search one "duration category" at a time??

Thanks

If I go to the new web-site, and I want to see cruises for May and June of 2015, for a duration of BOTH 7 day and 8-10 day, I can only select ONE, either 7 day OR 8-10 day.

Previously I could select both and all cruises that match would come up.

Is that an error, or is that the new way to search one "duration category" at a time??

Thanks

That is on the list of items to be changed, so you should only have to wrestle with it for a week or two.

I'm seeing prices in dollars again. Is it just me or are others in the UK seeing the same?

I had this problem the other week and it fixed itself but now I'm back to dollars - although when it mistakenly said I had a balance owing that was in pounds.

I'm seeing prices in dollars again. Is it just me or are others in the UK seeing the same?

I had this problem the other week and it fixed itself but now I'm back to dollars - although when it mistakenly said I had a balance owing that was in pounds.

I did have this problem for a little while yesterday SellaVee, but it has reverted to pounds now.

Hi Mike, What about pics/plans/virtual tours of the rooms. Will they be returning, or have they been pensioned off?

They have been pensioned off until we can get new photography, as many of those images were out-dated.

SellaVee - please send me an email with what your IP address is and we will research this issue for you. If you need assistance determining your IP, I can provide instructions via email as well.

I tried to get in to check a cruise for next feb i got a bunch of error messages ..computer language ..should i go and tell you exactly what it says ?

Could you fix customer service in Miami ...dread calling these people ..my last e.perience with them was very unsatisfactory for my cruises in Jan ...20 days in FP

However thanks for the winter collection book I am using as a reference for next years cruise ...loved French Polynesia ...nothing compares for this avid snorkeler but this time want to go further west ..trying to convince others to join me ...LOL

Smart move thinking about Polynesia.

Pacific rules, Atlantic drools.

For any of you that are experiencing a problem with seeing the "loading booking" progress bar constantly spinning, we have narrowed this down to a problem with compatibility with Internet Explorer version 9. We hope to have it resolved soon, but in the interim if you use another browser or update to the latest version of Internet Explorer (11), that will resolve the problem.

I have replied to all of the individuals who sent me an email, and assisted each with a resolution, with the exception of those guests that are using Internet Explorer 9 (as described above), an issue with some decks not displaying correctly in Google Chrome version 40, and the issues you are experiencing CanoeHull. As soon as those have been resolved, I will advise. If I have forgotten anyone else, please do let me know.

Thank you all again for your patience, and for sailing with Oceania Cruises. It has been my pleasure to assist you.

Kind regards,

Mike

Not useful for 'shopping' for a cruise

Find cruise:

Every time accessing this page reloads data. l'm guessing moved to xml.

In any case, while the loading is only perhaps a few seconds it reloads data & displays the thermometer every time. As a cruise search it is an annoyance, granted a minor delay.

Worse are the search filters. I wonder if this was vetted by a user as this seems more a design flaw then a bug.

Select a Region, i.e. Mediterranean

Can only select all or one ship.

And only one duration

Or only cruises for one month, not two

Good thing O has decided to use CC members to vet their site as others just searching for a cruise would not be giving and getting such good feedback.

Hello Mike,

When I sign in the page that appears does not contain my club number, tier number or credits. When I then pull up the guest registration form, it does show the club numbers for my me and my wife. Also, I don't find any reference to the cruise protection (insurance) we have purchased. Thank you.

Just wanted to thank Mr Moore & his team for all the hard work on the website

I have not had problems yet & I am sure in time everyone will be happy with the results

Good that you are here to listen to the problems & work things out

Lyn

Hello Mike,

When I sign in the page that appears does not contain my club number, tier number or credits. When I then pull up the guest registration form, it does show the club numbers for my me and my wife. Also, I don't find any reference to the cruise protection (insurance) we have purchased. Thank you.

Hi Noxequifans. In order to see all of your Oceania Club information and past cruises, login at My Account and go to Edit Profile (https://www.oceaniacruises.com/myaccount/edit-profile/). Ensure that you have your name and date of birth complete, along with the other required fields, and save your profile information. Your Oceania Club information should then populate automatically, including your current level, past sailings, etc. on this page: https://www.oceaniacruises.com/myaccount/oceania-club/.

We currently do not display if a booking has insurance, but that is certainly an excellent suggestion.