Do you like cruse director Leigh Xuereb?

mcatmcat

Cruise directors never made a difference to as I thought most we self promoting John Blair comes to mind. BUT when DW and I sailed on the Explorer we had Leigh as our DC and he and his side kick Erky changed my mind.

He really was entertaining and you can see he wanted to make sure the passenger were happy and having g a good time.

You would see him around the ship always taking time to talk to anyone who approached him.

Another CD that takes a very personal interest to make sure the passengers are happy and having a good time is Mitch Merucci. Just like Leigh, Mitch is always around whatever ship he is assigned to as CD. Enjoyed Leigh when we had him as well.

In our short cruise history so far, Leigh and Irky have been the BEST! BY far!!!!

They were approachable, unlike the other 2 I have had (on Grandeur and Celebrity Summit- never saw them, and when you did, they had no time to stop and talk- unlike Leigh :D

Leigh and Erky, definitely best combo. Will miss Erky! I would take a cruise just because Leigh is the CD. Leigh takes the time to talk and is incredible with remembering guests. Very approachable unlike some of the others we have too.

Anne

Had Leigh (and Erky) on our last 2 cruises - they are simply the best of the best. We had the luck of having them for two weeks on the repo cruise when Explorer left Bayonne. DH kept comparing them to Martin and Lewis saying they were even better then them.

Leigh is the absolute best CD out there!!! He is very friendly, funny and loves to see everyone having a good time!! Have sailed with him many times and he always remember my family and I. Have a bunch of great memories from my cruises on Explorer where Leigh was CD! I love Leigh!! You will have a wonderful time!!

Dana

Pool selfie with Leigh and erky... In their tuxes :-)[ATTACH]345336[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Great pic, Empress !! (lucky girl too Grrrrr ! ;) )

Edited by F27TW

My wife and I were on the infamous EOS norovirus

cruise of 1/21/14 --- it was a disaster from the beginning to the end - if it hadn't been for Leigh and Erky it would have impossible --- I would like to think the RCCL management gave these guys some kudos, but I doubt it. In any case, both Leigh and Erky provide an added demension to a cruise unlike any I have experienced during our 27 cruises. They're funny, hardworking and very approchable. Hope they stay with RCCL

You are absolutely right. We were on that cruise as well and felt that Leigh and Erky were great. Both are great but together they were so entertaining.

• 10 months later...

Sadly, Leigh has been let go by Royal for what he called "a lapse in judgement". Having cruised with Leigh 6 times my best guess is that some pinnacle humorless prat with a stick up his arse took offense and made a huge stink.

Edited by krazy_dave

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...