Premium seat perks

Mostonian

I have purchased Premium seating on the Thomas Cook flight to Barbados on the 21st March. Is anyone able to actually confirm what I will be getting for my extra money apart from a bit more seat room. I believe I will be entitled to an extra luggage allowance of 28 kg, Fast track check-in, but does that also include fast track at security. Are there any complimentary drinks during the flight. Looked on TC website, but its a bit confusing, for me anyway. Also, if it doesn't include fast track at security, it it worth purchasing this separately. Something else I have just thought of; can you check-in on line the day before and just use the bag drop. Sometimes when a third party is included in purchasing the flight, i.e. P&O in this instance, I have been unable to check in the day before. Any information would be most welcome. Thanks.

I have purchased Premium seating on the Thomas Cook flight to Barbados on the 21st March. Is anyone able to actually confirm what I will be getting for my extra money apart from a bit more seat room. I believe I will be entitled to an extra luggage allowance of 28 kg, Fast track check-in, but does that also include fast track at security. Are there any complimentary drinks during the flight. Looked on TC website, but its a bit confusing, for me anyway. Also, if it doesn't include fast track at security, it it worth purchasing this separately. Something else I have just thought of; can you check-in on line the day before and just use the bag drop. Sometimes when a third party is included in purchasing the flight, i.e. P&O in this instance, I have been unable to check in the day before. Any information would be most welcome. Thanks.

We had fast track checkin, free drinks, extra legroom, upgraded amenity packs. Don't think they do online checkin or bag drop. We had a great flight, more than happy with it but it was about 6 years ago. No fast track security but think you can pay for that yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Dorset Cruiser

On our first Caribbean cruise back in 2001, believe it or not, we were allocated Premiair seating purely by luck it would seem, at no extra cost. We enjoyed all the benefits which included complimentary drinks and the extra legroom.

Having got the taste, so as to say, our next cruise a couple of years later we paid the £199 each for the privilege and again enjoyed what was on offer.

I have to say though that in my opinion, based on more recent trips where I have elected to pay extra, the experience doesn't warrant the cost. In flight entertainment wasn't any better and the drinks service wasn't that great.

Each to their own of course and I hope that I am at the very least, comfortable.

On our first Caribbean cruise back in 2001, believe it or not, we were allocated Premiair seating purely by luck it would seem, at no extra cost. We enjoyed all the benefits which included complimentary drinks and the extra legroom.

Having got the taste, so as to say, our next cruise a couple of years later we paid the £199 each for the privilege and again enjoyed what was on offer.

I have to say though that in my opinion, based on more recent trips where I have elected to pay extra, the experience doesn't warrant the cost. In flight entertainment wasn't any better and the drinks service wasn't that great.

Each to their own of course and I hope that I am at the very least, comfortable.

Each carrier will always sell as many seats as there are on the plane, they wouldnt stop selling seats in economy if there was still seats available in premium, they just bump people up which is always a pleasant surprise.

IFE in the old days was different systems/choices for different cabins however due to efficiencies in having one system for the whole plane its just easier to give everyone the same entertainment.

Hi hope this helps too, we had fast track in Prem on a Gatwick flight, but

Last couple of years flown out of BHAM and not included, once seated on

Flight they serve bucks fuzz or OJ, before take off, yes all drinks included

and for Main meal we are offered fresh warm rolls, plus menu and cabin

Crew take your selection, from memory not plastic cutlery and once

cleared away a Hot Flannel is brought round, just to add have not flown

in economy to meet a cruise so not too sure if any of the above is the standard for all passengers,

am off next week so can repost again :)

Not sure if the offer is still available but executive lounge company Traveller One offered free fast track at Birmingham, for 45 Gbp for 2 persons for lounge bookings.

Mrs Blue Sky

Having just flown out and back on a Thomson dreamliner in economy, I would save your money. There was so much room in the cheap seats those in premier must have been pig sick. Not sure what planes Thomas Cook use though. No free drinks down back but how many can you drink anyway especially on the overnight return journey. have a great cruise

We just back from Barbados. We flew premium from manchester on upgraded Seats. You get 28kg of hold luggage (an extra 5kg over the economy fare) fast track check in ... Walked straight up to check in ..No one in our queue! Fast track through security, at manchester you get boarded first ( coming home we got called first at Barbados, but then everyone got on the bus to the plane anyway) on board you get sparking wine or juice as you board , bigger seats, amenity pack(moisturiser, lip balm etc) newspaper, starter, choice of main meal, dessert, cheese & crackers, tea/coffee, wine & spirits all included . Noise reducing headphones, I think a better entertainment package all included .

Obviously a personal decision as to whether it's worth the extra, but we certainly enjoy it, gutted no premium seats available for cruise at Christmas 😞

Hope this helps

Janieb,

Thanks for that info. when we're you informed about the fast trak through security. We have booked premium seats but can't find where it mentions fast track through security.

Sue

Sue

In Nov we flew PE with Thomson from Manchester. There is confusion as to whether fastrack is part of the deal. We just blagged it, however the airport was not too busy so it wouldn't have really mattered

Cb

Janieb,

Thanks for that info. when we're you informed about the fast trak through security. We have booked premium seats but can't find where it mentions fast track through security.

Sue

Last year I forgot (we had had it the year before) and bought fast track seperately via the airport, it was then the checkin lady said I got it included in my premium ticket..

Remembered this time so didn't purchase seperately (although think it was only £3 each)

no problems this time I seem to recall we had something that said fasttrack on it that she gave us...maybe with the boarding card...or perhaps on it

We are flying with Thomas Cook, is Fast Track through security included in their Premium seat package? Thanks for any information.

We flew with Thomas Cook in Premium a few years ago and after checking in they gave us a voucher that entitled us to use Fast Track. Since that time we have flown with Thomson in economy and bought the pass on line. In my opinion it was well worth the money.

• 10 months later...

Have noticed on the Thomson website they now include security fast track and the use of a lounge for premium economy passengers.

Does anyone know if this applies as well for the P&O charter flights?

You also get priority boarding, although at Barbados this can be a bit hit or miss.

Haha! Yes it was a joke amongst the PE people at Xmas. We were let through the gate first and onto the coach to the plane. Of course if you get on first and get seated you end up being last off so all the people on the bus in economy boarded the plane before us :what:

Edited by Gymbod