Bottomless Bubble not available on Private Island?

mitsugirly

I want to purchase the bottomless bubbles and I was thinking I read awhile back that it is not available on Carnivals private islands?? :confused:

We will be going to Half Moon Cay and was wondering if anyone can verify this?

We normally sail with NCL and we are able to use our room card with our sticker for the soda package while on the private islands just as if we were still on the ship. Does this not hold true for Carnival? :eek:

If we have to purchase our own soda, what is the cost of this? Are we allowed to take our soda (brought onboard at the beginning of the cruise) off the ship with us?

Thanks for any info.

I want to purchase the bottomless bubbles and I was thinking I read awhile back that it is not available on Carnivals private islands?? :confused:

We normally sail with NCL and we are able to use our room card with our sticker for the soda package while on the private islands just as if we were still on the ship. Does this not hold true for Carnival? :eek:

If we have to purchase our own soda, what is the cost of this? Are we allowed to take our soda (brought onboard at the beginning of the cruise) off the ship with us?

Thanks for any info.

Bottomless bubbles is not available on Half Moon Cay, per carnival exclusions for the program. I am unsure of the cost of soda, on the ship I believe it is 2.25 including tip. They do not check you when leaving the ship, so I am sure you could bring soda with you when you leave

That really sucks.

Are you allowed to take a small cooler with ice off the ship without problems since they don't check your bags getting off? I have a small cooler that fits maybe 4 cans (that is a material and folds up) that would fit easily into my beach bag and then be emptied and folded up when we return.

I don't want to do anything we'd get in trouble for. :(

There are drink dispensers (water, ice tea, lemonade) that are full of ice so not a problem to get it yourself.

yes, you can take some off the ship with you.

Awesome info. Thanks so much. I'm just glad there's at least a way to not spend any more than we have to since this cruise is costing us quite a bit to begin with.

I really wish Carnival would get with it in this department. It's the same as being on the ship...flash your key card with the sticker, pour my drink. :rolleyes: :cool:

no, doesn't work on the island. yes, you can bring your own drinks. yes, you can get ice no problem. sodas are 1.95 plus gratuity. there i think i'm caught up :)

they say the reason they exclude cheers is because they don't keep real time accounting between the island and the ship so basically they can't keep track of what # drink you're on, etc. NCL doesn't have limits on # of drinks so that's why it's easy peasy for them. of course that doesn't exactly explain why bottomless bubbles doesn't / can't work, but it doesn't. i sense alterior motives at play :)

no, doesn't work on the island. yes, you can bring your own drinks. yes, you can get ice no problem. sodas are 1.95 plus gratuity. there i think i'm caught up :)

they say the reason they exclude cheers is because they don't keep real time accounting between the island and the ship so basically they can't keep track of what # drink you're on, etc. NCL doesn't have limits on # of drinks so that's why it's easy peasy for them. of course that doesn't exactly explain why bottomless bubbles doesn't / can't work, but it doesn't. i sense alterior motives at play :)

Yea, we don't do the cheers program, which I would understand that if they needed to swipe something, but then again, they have to have something to "swipe" if they are still able to sell them to you and use your room card for that. :rolleyes:

We are just doing the "bubbles" program. No need to swipe anything. Sigh

Awesome info. Thanks so much. I'm just glad there's at least a way to not spend any more than we have to since this cruise is costing us quite a bit to begin with.

I really wish Carnival would get with it in this department. It's the same as being on the ship...flash your key card with the sticker, pour my drink. :rolleyes: :cool:

Carnival corp owns the island, how hard would it be to connect to your account on the ship? Greed is the answer I do believe.

For some reason Carnival hasnt figured out how to do this or bubbles or cheers.

Oh, they know how to do it alright . . . they just don't.

. . . of course that doesn't exactly explain why bottomless bubbles doesn't/can't work, but it doesn't. i sense alterior motives at play :)

Years ago when it was the separate Fountain Fun Card (equivalent of Bottomless Bubbles) we could all use it at Half Moon Cay. The 'dramatically technical' shift from plastic card to tiny peel-off sticker seems to have baffled the corporate structure.

Thanks for any info.

We just store up on our allotment ("keep it closed, please!") and take our beers onto the island. There's no way we come close to 15 drinks a day.

Years ago when it was the separate Fountain Fun Card (equivalent of Bottomless Bubbles) we could all use it at Half Moon Cay. The 'dramatically technical' shift from plastic card to tiny peel-off sticker seems to have baffled the corporate structure.

Funny

This made me LOL. Evil stickers! :p

• 3 weeks later...
There are drink dispensers (water, ice tea, lemonade) that are full of ice so not a problem to get it yourself.

Ok, 1 more question (I was going back and reading some of my threads and doing some more planning)...

You said you can get ice at the "dispensers"...where are they located? Are there certain stations up and down the beach or do you have to go to the lunch area? (I assume there's a lunch pavilion of some type here).

Also since it was mentioned that there's just cups with ice that you can take, are they serving the "free" drinks here as well? If so, what all do they have? (Just wondering if it's something the little munchkin would be able to have to drink such as lemonade.) :)

Also, I don't see it mentioned here and I don't recall reading it, but can you use your key card for all purchases on the island? Like for alcohol or gifts? Is there anything you can't use your key card for and will need to bring cash? :confused: