Beverages and Beverage Packages FAQ

ailetoile

I don´t know whether they do have Martinis at any of the other bars (or send you to the Martini Bar). There was only a limited bar menu where almost everything was above the limit.

We did get a list of all which was included. You can see a photo here. The list of the included cocktails is not very long. But usually the bartenders are very helpful and do get you everything they can make out of the included spirits.

steamboats

I have heard that Celebrity has raised the prices on daily special drinks and some others to $8.25 so if you have the Classic package it would not be included. Does anyone know if this is true?

Also, does anyone know the prices of Martini's. Would those be included in the Classic package?

My understanding is that the daily drink specials were NEVER covered under the Classic Package, even if the price looked like it should be, unless it was noted otherwise in Celebrity Today. It's possible they raised the price to just clarify that.

You should be able to get normal-sized Martinis at bars that aren't the Martini Bar that are covered by your Classic Package.

double shots are no problem...still falls within the per drink limit! My coffee fix daily was a double shot extra hot caramel macchiato!! Found their coffees (like Starbucks) to be rather weak without the extra hit of caffeine! Never had any issues ordering the double shot, and loved the fact they would just turn around and make me one on sight without even having to order!!

Thanks for that information, friend. If I were to drink a double shot of caffeine in the mornings I think I would actually die of caffeine. I'm envious of those who can do it!

I am not sure how to link, but this is an example from Kevinyork on. Different thread:

"My OH doesn't drink alcohol but on the last three Eclipse cruises (and a RCI cruise) we have gone straight to guest relations on boarding and asked to downgrade to the Premium non alcoholic package for the same reason as the OP and each time it's been easy to do.

It gets more difficult for them if you try after you've had a drink or two on your package as they have to work out if that drink would have been covered by the package you want to change to. Guest relations have a preprinted form for you to sign to agree that you want to change but will get no refund of the price difference. We have two X cruises booked this year and will be expecting to do the same."

I think the key is you have to make the change on board and the idea to do it before you buy a drink is good.

Fair enough. I can't put in the FAQ that downgrading to the Premium Non-Alcoholic Package is a sure thing since it really isn't (there have been plenty of people who have been told a firm no at Guest Services), but knowing that it's a possibility and that it gets more difficult to accomplish if you've purchased something with your package is very good information. Thanks!

Hi,

Can I purchase an alcoholic drink that exceeds the price limit of the Classic Package and pay the difference? It appears that is what you do under the Premium Package. Your answer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

Can I purchase an alcoholic drink that exceeds the price limit of the Classic Package and pay the difference? It appears that is what you do under the Premium Package. Your answer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

No, I am afraid not. You will have to pay the full amount....

Hi,

Thanks

Hi Bryan123,

If you have the classic package and you want a drink that costs more than the maximum, you have to pay the full price. With the premium package, you only pay the difference.

Linda

Question: What can we realistically expect to get from the Standard Package ($45/ppd)? Celebrity saying that drinks up to $6. I am assuming that would barely cover beers? Wine/cocktails not possible with this?

Anyone has ever bought this package?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in a aqua class for upcoming Alaska cruise, wondering if it is unlimited bottle water in cabin. I was told when I asked Celebrity there would be a few bottles when we embarked not unlimited? I have the classic beverage package as a perk, still confused on Lattes, espresso, special coffees. I was originally told by Celebrity that the special coffees were Premium package not classic. Also water bottles, what kind with the classic v.s. premium.Thanks!!

Hi

If my family and I have a premium beverage package four our next cruise, can I get them drinks from a bar if they give me their SeaPass cards, or is does each person has to grab their drink?

Thanks

M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you can. I do it all the time for my DW

What package includes non alcoholic beer? I can't even get an answer from Celebrity about this.

I did not see it listed, but as you know it is not the list that determines if it is included.m I a beer cost $6 or less with the gratuity it will be in the Classic package. If not it will be in the premium if it cost less than $13.

How does the cost of this beer compare to say a Corona or Heineken? I would be surprised if it was not included in the Classic like those, but I do not know.

You can ask the price when you get on board and decide then if you want the premium. I also upgrade because of the wines and only paying the difference for items over $13.

well I did see it on the menu that was posted here (thanks for that!) and its said o'douls is 7.25. .I really don't understand why they have priced it so high. a six pack is 5-6 dollars tops in the store..is that higher than beer? I don't know how much beer cost. When I called celebrity the person didn't know, said to see on the boat and upgrade to the premium package if necessary once there. She said there is no price difference to upgrade prior to sailing as it us on the boat but I have been reading that it is more to upgrade on the boat...I'm confused

I am in a aqua class for upcoming Alaska cruise, wondering if it is unlimited bottle water in cabin. I was told when I asked Celebrity there would be a few bottles when we embarked not unlimited? I have the classic beverage package as a perk, still confused on Lattes, espresso, special coffees. I was originally told by Celebrity that the special coffees were Premium package not classic. Also water bottles, what kind with the classic v.s. premium.Thanks!!

The complimentary water is only on day of embarkation (as reflected in the inclusions list for Aqua class cabins). Think it changed a while back? Hence some confusion still.

Classic package will get you lattes, espresso etc but not alcholic coffees. Celebrity really make this confusing with their description of 'speciality coffees’ which to many can be a fancy reference to laittes, cappuccinos, macchiatos etc, but basically it's anything like a Irish, Roman or Aspen (yum!) liquor based coffee.

Check out my drinks calculator (link posted earlier) that breaks the classic/premium coffee incisions down further.

And classic includes domestic brand bottle water (eg Geyser) vs premium includes Evian and Perrier, San Pelligrino etc.

well I did see it on the menu that was posted here (thanks for that!) and its said o'douls is 7.25. .I really don't understand why they have priced it so high. a six pack is 5-6 dollars tops in the store..is that higher than beer? I don't know how much beer cost. When I called celebrity the person didn't know, said to see on the boat and upgrade to the premium package if necessary once there. She said there is no price difference to upgrade prior to sailing as it us on the boat but I have been reading that it is more to upgrade on the boat...I'm confused

Then it will not be included.

It does not cost more to upgrade on the ship. I have done it several times. Either the person who provided that information was misinformed or it was outdated information.

The complimentary water is only on day of embarkation (as reflected in the inclusions list for Aqua class cabins). Think it changed a while back? Hence some confusion still.

Classic package will get you lattes, espresso etc but not alcholic coffees. Celebrity really make this confusing with their description of 'speciality coffees’ which to many can be a fancy reference to laittes, cappuccinos, macchiatos etc, but basically it's anything like a Irish, Roman or Aspen (yum!) liquor based coffee.

Check out my drinks calculator (link posted earlier) that breaks the classic/premium coffee incisions down further.

And classic includes domestic brand bottle water (eg Geyser) vs premium includes Evian and Perrier, San Pelligrino etc.

Not true. Had many aspen, irish, Kingston coffees on our Summit b2b in Feb at Cafe Al Bacio with the Classic pkg. Perhaps they're using a cheaper alcohol on the Classic coffees? Def could taste the alcohol and combining with coffee I don't taste whether it's premium or regular brand anyway.

Not true. Had many aspen, irish, Kingston coffees on our Summit b2b in Feb at Cafe Al Bacio with the Classic pkg. Perhaps they're using a cheaper alcohol on the Classic coffees? Def could taste the alcohol and combining with coffee I don't taste whether it's premium or regular brand anyway.

This really is based on the discretion of the barista.

Some people (like you) have no trouble getting them with the Classic Package. Some people are able to get it but have to get the drink on two separate charges. Some people have to buy the alcohol separately and add it (the coffee and alcohol are each covered but the drink itself is not). I haven't heard about this last one happening recently, but I have seen it in the past.

I do wish that Celebrity would just standardize this particular policy.

This really is based on the discretion of the barista.

Some people (like you) have no trouble getting them with the Classic Package. Some people are able to get it but have to get the drink on two separate charges. Some people have to buy the alcohol separately and add it (the coffee and alcohol are each covered but the drink itself is not). I haven't heard about this last one happening recently, but I have seen it in the past.

I do wish that Celebrity would just standardize this particular policy.

My understanding was that because the coffees are under $8 they're covered by the Classic package. Was served by several different baristas/servers over the course of the cruises and never questioned or charged. Perhaps I'm reading the details of the package incorrectly but it does state mixed drinks/cocktails up to $8 which an Aspen or other alcohol-containing coffee would be. Definitely lots of confusion about this subject!

I have always had all the bottled water I wanted in AQ. Now that has changed. Can you still get bottled water with the Classic pkg. ?

Yes, but just their generic brand...not sparkling or high end stuff. Tasted good to me but then I don't drink bottled water at home and don't like sparkling anything. Wish the tap water in the cabins came out cold...would be so much nicer, but then that's for another thread:D

My understanding was that because the coffees are under $8 they're covered by the Classic package. Was served by several different baristas/servers over the course of the cruises and never questioned or charged. Perhaps I'm reading the details of the package incorrectly but it does state mixed drinks/cocktails up to $8 which an Aspen or other alcohol-containing coffee would be. Definitely lots of confusion about this subject!

That does make sense, but on this point sense doesn't not seem to prevail!! I, along with others have asked Celebrity directly for their official definition of 'speciality' coffees yet they have never provided a clear response. Maybe the marketing dept were on a caffeine high when they came up with the descriptives!! [emoji12]️[emoji845]

As QE2_fan said, the problem here is that some baristas seem to consider the alcoholic coffees to be specialty coffees (not included in the Classic Package), but others consider them to be alcohol under the $8 limit. I suspect it's actually the discretion of the manager, not the individual baristas. That would explain the consistency on the same cruise while also explaining the inconsistencies over many peoples' experiences.