Going out of Galveston

Cruisefriends

My mom and I stayed at the Days Inn there pre cruise. The room was huge and had balconies overlooking the beach. We were able to keep out car there while on the cruise and have there shuttle take us to the cruise port for I think $25.

Personally I love the Harbor House Hotel in Galveston. It's a small quaint hotel right next to the cruise terminal. I've also stayed at the Holiday Inn on the Beach and the Hikton Galveston. Both are nice, and on the Seawall. I have no clue about parking while cruising, since I haven't done that.

We are in need of a reasonably priced hotel with a restaurant within walking distance. Our flight doesn't get into Houston until 7:00 & by the time we get to Galveston it will be after 8. Any recommendations?

We just booked our hotel last night and went with a choice that most people might not.

We booked the Travelodge Houston Southeast for $35. It's less than 2 miles from Hobby airport, has free breakfast, and it's cheap. We're getting in kind of late, so by the time we get to the hotel, we're just going to be going to bed and getting up early to leave for Galveston. We didn't want to spend extra money on a nicer hotel. It wasn't worth it to us.

We just booked our hotel last night and went with a choice that most people might not.

We booked the Travelodge Houston Southeast for $35. It's less than 2 miles from Hobby airport, has free breakfast, and it's cheap. We're getting in kind of late, so by the time we get to the hotel, we're just going to be going to bed and getting up early to leave for Galveston. We didn't want to spend extra money on a nicer hotel. It wasn't worth it to us.

Hope you have checked available web reviews & commentary on this hotel. I doubt they are exaggerated.

Edited by fresnel468

Hope you have checked available web reviews & commentary on this hotel. I doubt they are exaggerated.

I did. They received about the same blah reviews are other hotels in the area/category. Many were double the price for the same reviews. If we were spending any actual time there, I would care, but it's one night and not even a long one at that.

We went to Vegas last June and booked a nice hotel for the week. We decided to extend our vacation by one day, but with all of the conventions in town, it wasn't worth it to pay for another expensive night, so we added a total budge hotel (near Fremont Street) for the one night. It was small and noisy, but we were tired from the trip and it was clean. That's all it really needed to be.

I'd rather take the extra $100 I would spend on a nicer Houston hotel and put it into something on my cruise. :)

Think you'll find a lot of activity all night there as I believe it's a favorite spot for many of the "working women" in the neighborhood. Suggest you don't use a black light on the sheets and mattress! :eek:

Think you'll find a lot of activity all night there as I believe it's a favorite spot for many of the "working women" in the neighborhood. Suggest you don't use a black light on the sheets and mattress! :eek:

Guess I'll have to do my usual "don't touch the comforter" or walk around barefoot thing ;)

Lived in Houston long enough (1 year) and that area was very sketchy. We are going down the night before, but traveling a few more minutes to Texas City and staying at the Candlewood Suites for $68.

We are driving down in July, and we are staying at the Super 8 in Alvin, TX. It's really not too far out of the way, OK reviews (Recent reviews have me questioning if something has changed though.), and it's cheaper than all of the other areas/cities for this time of year.

Edited by fuelerdude

We are driving down in July, and we are staying at the Super 8 in Alvin, TX. It's really not too far out of the way, OK reviews (Recent reviews have me questioning if something has changed though.), and it's cheaper than all of the other areas/cities for this time of year.

As a local, it seems out of the way to me, but since you have a car, I guess it doesn't matter. Be sure to check out the Nolan Ryan statue in Alvin! :D

• 2 weeks later...
My mom and I stayed at the Days Inn there pre cruise. The room was huge and had balconies overlooking the beach. We were able to keep out car there while on the cruise and have there shuttle take us to the cruise port for I think $25.

Is this the one she stayed at Days Inn & Suites Galveston West/Seawall? I am debating between this one and Inn at the Waterpark.