Feb. 2015 Post 2.0 Pride Picture Review-including the Chef's Table

alrichards4003

Thank you for the great pictures. We sail on the Pride in 68 days for the 4th time but first time with 2.0. Can't wait after this cold cold winter.

Enjoy. Even in Florida we have had colder than normal temperatures. I think almost everyone is ready for this winter to be over.

They served both red and white wine and refilled them throughout the dinner. The chef presented each dish and what was in each one. There were 3 servers for 14 people.

Warm bread baked with Blue Cheese, butter and roasted tomatoes and garlic.

16628252891_d80fbd4773_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

Vegetable terrine (cauliflower and asparagus) in beet sauce.

16422053857_5c957f6888_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

16629345715_b46a547d2e_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

crab tower

16007178814_c0bc4ddaaf_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

16628686982_2e1701a138_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

What is this area, please? I always look for quiet spot to read.

If you are looking for a quiet spot to read on any Spirit Class ship there is an area forward on deck 3 that wraps around the Main Show area. On the Pride it's called - Sunset Garden Interior Promenade. You'll love it - it's quiet because no one knows it's there ;). Tables, chairs, sofa or 2 all by the windows.

We're sailing on the Pride out of Baltimore in June. Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport are our ports. I've been to Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay (I've reserved a cabana!) but this will be our first time to Freeport. Carnival is not giving us much time - 7am - 1:30pm.

Thanks the review - especially the menus and the food!

If you are looking for a quiet spot to read on any Spirit Class ship there is an area forward on deck 3 that wraps around the Main Show area. On the Pride it's called - Sunset Garden Interior Promenade. You'll love it - it's quiet because no one knows it's there ;). Tables, chairs, sofa or 2 all by the windows.

Thank you for your response. I had earlier made a note of the Sunset Garden, but this seemed different, so I wanted to see what this was. The Sunset Garden apparently has portholes, and this has large windows. Seems like there will be plenty of places to park myself and read.

Again, thanks. Happy sails.:)

Kathy

No, I did not keep it. Could Carnival provide it? Did you get the 25% off a future cruise credit, could you use that? I did not get a letter regarding the 25% and intend to contact Carnival if it does not show under my VIFP offers shortly.

I've got a request into Carnival and I'm sure they will get me something. I did keep the Costa Maya letter that has the instructions for the 25% off. If you send me an email address I will scan and send you a copy. It is not a customer specific letter, so the letter works for anyone on the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, awesome! I wish DH liked sushi, because I really want to try that Ship for 2! Do you know if you can get the sushi to go, or do you have to eat in?

I have only had it in the restaurant, but in the MDR I saw people taking dessert to go, so I would think you could do that with the sushi.

I still keep trying to get DH to try sushi and push the shrimp tempura as it is cooked, still won't try it.

We're sailing on the Pride out of Baltimore in June. Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport are our ports. I've been to Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay (I've reserved a cabana!) but this will be our first time to Freeport. Carnival is not giving us much time - 7am - 1:30pm.

Thanks the review - especially the menus and the food!

Have fun. We have not been to HMC, but we got a cabana at Grand Turk and thought it really enhanced the experience. We went to a resort in Freeport last year, they had underwater grottos and a swim up bar. We booked through Carnival.

I've got a request into Carnival and I'm sure they will get me something. I did keep the Costa Maya letter that has the instructions for the 25% off. If you send me an email address I will scan and send you a copy. It is not a customer specific letter, so the letter works for anyone on the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would appreciate it.

alrichards4003@yahoo.com

Have fun. We have not been to HMC, but we got a cabana at Grand Turk and thought it really enhanced the experience. We went to a resort in Freeport last year, they had underwater grottos and a swim up bar. We booked through Carnival.

Do you remember the name of the place in Freeport with the underwater grottos and swim up bar?

The last course was the crab tower. Next is the duck.

16007180294_f30d522139_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

With the sauce added.

16422058397_88c2047680_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

After the duck, the magician performed, he was very good and it was a nice break from all the food.

Next is the tomato bisque. Beginning with the whipped cream in the center.

16007182434_89292beff3_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

Then they added the yellow and red tomato soup on each side of the cream.

16442346010_f50ac4110b_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

Next is the sea bass. Notice the miniature macaroon

16628260951_d28fd84f4f_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

16628693512_2f0cdee8e8_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

Wagyu beef

16443563689_258a3d87a3_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

Dessert

16007188584_da57447a48_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

I thought I would be miserable at this point, but I was fine, until we left and I got up to move at this point I realized how much I ate. Time for bed and the next towel animal.

16443575729_ea5c0e0868_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

The breadbasket with danishes, croissants, muffins and pound cakes:

Huevos Rancheros, I like my eggs well done and on this cruise they were cooked the way I liked them each time.

Wait, what is this? I haven't heard of the brunch. When and where is it served? Everything looked WONDERFUL...and cheesecake? WOW I don't want to miss this.

BTW we will be on the Pride in 38 days, 14 hours, 1 min and 21 seconds, but who's counting. (We will be doing Baltimore to Caribbean).

So following this thread with a lot of interest. :D

Wait, what is this? I haven't heard of the brunch. When and where is it served? Everything looked WONDERFUL...and cheesecake? WOW I don't want to miss this.

BTW we will be on the Pride in 38 days, 14 hours, 1 min and 21 seconds, but who's counting. (We will be doing Baltimore to Caribbean).

So following this thread with a lot of interest. :D

Hey mitsugirly I've read your reviews do you plan on doing a review on the pride? We will be on the Pride in 95 days!!! Either way, enjoy your trip!