Cruise Critic Live Chat with Arnold Donald - March 4

what are the future plans for the aging fantasy class ships? they are by no means 'modern', and with recent drydock refurbishments, have not implemented 2.0 upgrades that have be introduced to other ships. what is the 5 or 10 year plan?

assuming fantasy class ships are retired or cycled out of the fleet and the few full time spirit class ships in the US, are there any plans to afford for sailing out of ports which have certain height restrictions, such as the bridges in baltimore, tampa, etc.?

do you foresee the potential that carnival cruise line may ever build a ship more in line with the size of a spirit class ship, or those variants of the same class being currently introduced to holland america line? recent new ship classes have shared one thing in common, and that is that they are each subsequent larger variants of the destiny class platform, which was tweaked in each of the following classes: destiny -> triumph (which really is still destiny class) -> conquest -> splendor -> dream -> vista. assuming that fantasy class cannot sail in perpetuity, would carnival cruise line be open to building 'smaller ships' which cater to certain restricted ports, or with the intent of smaller capacity within a market, such as when an ecstasy class ship is deployed for short cruises along with a conquest or larger class ship?

are there or any plans for or do you foresee carnival cruise line undertaking as substantive a drydock renovation as was completed on the carnival sunshine? if so, which ships or class of ships do you expect to receive such treatment?

what are the plans for implementation of the new internet options, including the social media plan and other 'unlimited' packages currently available on carnival breeze, freedom, sunshine, sensation and ecstasy?

i really want this one asked, please:

please share insight regarding carnival's strategy regarding deployment of ships to new york. carnival splendor has been reduced to seasonal sailings, while competitors have maintained year-round sailings, and deployed some of their newest and 'best' ships, such as the NCL breakaway and RCCL quantum / anthem of the seas. why does carnival find this market challenging, and what are the plans for the future? will carnival deploy a ship 'more exciting' or modern than the splendor in the future?

has carnival corporation given much thought to the prospect of a shared loyalty status across the various brands under the corporate umbrella, where for instance loyalty status on carnival would translate in some manner to other brands such as princess, holland america, etc.?

why is carnival cruise line's 'all inclusive' drink package, cheers!, not 'all inclusive' as it is on every single other line? carnival cruise line is the only one to be so strict as to limit the total per day consumption, purchases outside the program, time between drinks, and limiting it to purchase by all guests in the cabin. further, it is not competitive in terms of bottled water, juices and coffee offered by other lines, and it is more expensive relatively speaking. are there any plans to re-structure this program in the future, and would you foresee offer it as a booking incentive, as other cruise lines like NCL and celebrity do regularly?

I would also like to know if you have any staff that travels on Carnival ships without any one knowing and if so do you get reports back about how the service and food really are? And how the unsupervised kids really act? I have been on numerous cruises on carnival and almost every time there have been kids running in the halls at night when people are trying to sleep, playing in the elevators including sitting on the floor so that you can not get into one, sitting on the stairs blocking them.

[quote name='boaterette']I would also like to know if you have any staff that travels on Carnival ships without any one knowing and if so do you get reports back about how the service and food really are? And how the unsupervised kids really act? I have been on numerous cruises on carnival and almost every time there have been kids running in the halls at night when people are trying to sleep, playing in the elevators including sitting on the floor so that you can not get into one, sitting on the stairs blocking them.[/QUOTE]

...and if so can I have that job, please?

hi, Arnold Donald. I was wondering why carnival has not really gone after the land and sea vacations out of Port Carnival. There is great potential in this market, considering all the visitors who come to central Florida's theme parks. But first I think Carnival has to bring in some big cruise ships into this port. I don't mean old ships like the Liberty and Valor ( REALLY ). I was just on the Liberty and it was not very pleasant. Also they just announced that Port Carnival is now the 2nd. largest cruise port in Florida per passengers. Just something to think about. Thanks Gary

[quote name='luv crusin']mr. Donald:

Please get us another carnival ship in mobile, alabama. Our beautiful cruise terminal and parking garage just sits empty, (with the exception of an occasional wedding reception) since carnival left a few years ago.

There are many, many people in mobile who want another ship here.

We are platinum with carnival and love the carnival ships.

Thank you very, very much for anything you do to help us. :)[/quote]
agree 1000% !!!!!

[quote name='MCFTJCH2V']Tried participating but all I was getting was errors and statements that there were too many people asking questions and to only submit one question at a time.

I gave up. Is there a transcript?[/QUOTE]

Try this link [url]http://live.cruisecritic.com/Event/Cruise_Critic_Live_Meet_Carnival_Corp_President_Arnold_Donald/mobile&Theme=15465[/url]