Change in VIFP status during sailing

Maraprince

When you change levels during a cruise, you will be the higher level throughout the whole cruise. If you are turning Platinum during a cruise then you will receive Platinum benefits from embarkation. Your boarding pass and luggage tags will say Priority and you will get the Platinum card.

Enjoy the free laundry!

Remember to get the orange sticker for your checked luggage.

When you change levels during a cruise, you will be the higher level throughout the whole cruise. If you are turning Platinum during a cruise then you will receive Platinum benefits from embarkation. Your boarding pass and luggage tags will say Priority and you will get the Platinum card.

Enjoy the free laundry!

Remember to get the orange sticker for your checked luggage.

Good news! Where do I get the orange luggage sticker?

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

Good news! Where do I get the orange luggage sticker?

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

When you hand over your luggage to the porters before you check in, just make sure they know you're Priority. They'll attach the bright orange sticker to your luggage. Enjoy being Platinum, it's great!! :D

I have been skeptical about this rule, especially since I had already printed my edocs for next month's cruise and didn't see the PRIORITY label.

But, I just now logged into the Carnival site and THERE IT WAS!!!!!!!! A bright orange PRIORITY luggage tag.

SWOOOOOOON !

CeleBrat

I have been skeptical about this rule, especially since I had already printed my edocs for next month's cruise and didn't see the PRIORITY label.

But, I just now logged into the Carnival site and THERE IT WAS!!!!!!!! A bright orange PRIORITY luggage tag.

SWOOOOOOON !

CeleBrat

That's not the same orange sticker. That's just your regular, normal, ship luggage tag that has Priority on it because you're Platinum. You will need to make sure the Porters know you're Priority and they will stick a sticker that says FTTF (doesn't mean you've bought FTTF, it's just so the people loading and delivering the bags know to take care of yours 1st) onto your luggage before sending it to be loaded onto the ship.

When you hand over your luggage to the porters before you check in, just make sure they know you're Priority. They'll attach the bright orange sticker to your luggage. Enjoy being Platinum, it's great!! :D

Leaving out of NY where the porters are very, very quick to take your luggage as you arrive at the curbside! :D

Will the luggage tags indicate "Priority" on them?

Also, I am sailing with someone who is not Platinum. Will her luggage tag also state "Priority" since we are in the same cabin and our booking is for 2 people under my name and VIFP number? We will not be checking our luggage in at the same time since we are coming from 2 different parts of the city. However, we will be meeting at the port and checking in and boarding together.

MARAPRINCE

Edited by Maraprince

Leaving out of NY where the porters are very, very quick to take your luggage as you arrive at the curbside! :D

Will the luggage tags indicate "Priority" on them?

Also, I am sailing with someone who is not Platinum. Will her luggage tag also state "Priority" since we are in the same cabin and our booking is for 2 people under my name and VIFP number? We will not be checking our luggage in at the same time since we are coming from 2 different parts of the city. However, we will be meeting at the port and checking in and boarding together.

MARAPRINCE

They will say FTTF/Priority. Your friends luggage tags will indicate "Priority" since you are sailing in the same cabin.

Did not know this...I will be Diamond on the LAST DAY of our B2B on the Pride. 2-7 day cruises for 14 days, so on day 13 I will be Diamond. Does this mean I will be Diamond at the beginning of the 2nd cruise? :eek:

My husband was due to turn Gold on the very last day of our b2b....

He was gold at embarkation of the first leg! Keep an eye on your docs. His changed sometime after final payment.

Did not know this...I will be Diamond on the LAST DAY of our B2B on the Pride. 2-7 day cruises for 14 days, so on day 13 I will be Diamond. Does this mean I will be Diamond at the beginning of the 2nd cruise? :eek:

Since you are doing a B2B, I think you will be Diamond from the first day of your FIRST cruise! Enjoy!

I will be turning Platinum on my upcoming cruise. I went to view my luggage tags (but didn't print them yet) and they said "priority" on them. So I know I'm good! I will be sure to get the orange tags from the porters! Maybe I should print the luggage tags out now before they change their minds :p

They will say FTTF/Priority. Your friends luggage tags will indicate "Priority" since you are sailing in the same cabin.

I already alerted my TA today of the change. Now, I can also let my friend know.

She will really enjoy my upgraded status since we have a tender port as well. As far as laundry, depends on what needs to be washed,

Thanks for the info.

MARAPRINCE

I am so glad I stumbled in here. I'll have 75 points on the last night of my upcoming cruise. I checked my boarding pass and sure enough, I am listed as platinum. Now to cancel the FTTF and save $50!

Good thing you did catch this thread!!!!!!

MARAPRINCE