Question for Recent Past Cruisers

bcsurvivor05

Starbucks Via coffee packets. The "free" coffee on board is terrible, and the cost of decent coffee adds up fast. I just get hot water each morning from wherever is closest to our cabin.

HDMI cable. I connect my laptop to the TV in our cabin. We can enjoy movies, photo/videos from the day's activities, etc. w/o having to crowd around a small screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by pseudoware

Headache or Fever medicine like Advil, Tyneyol, Aspirin. Tums, Alka-seltzer or seltzer water for your stomach ache. And if you're female and not on menopause, bring sanitary napkins or tampons; those things are limited of quantity and expensive on a cruise ship. (Before anyone says one can use birth control to fix the flow, there's times when that can't work; like a last-minute trip booked the week before then happening next week and BC needs about 28 days to work:()

Judging by amount of contradictory advice generated above, the best thing to bring is a healthy dose of cynicism regarding what anonymous message board users insist you need to do or not do on your first cruise. Not that Cruise Critic fails in its mission to spread information among those who share this common interest--heck, it does a better job than many of the cruise lines' own websites--but does anyone really need all these redundant health tips from posters who apparently do not know the difference between bacteria and viruses?

I would add: Research the health dangers associated with triclosan that is found in many liquid soaps, among other things. I avoid it always.

Edited by Bookish Angel