Britannia new offer upgrade

asda

has anyone booked today's new offer of free upgrade on britainnia if you book from 2cd March till the end ? If so did you get the upgrade on booking?

This is offer

Celebrate Britannia terms and conditionsSelect Prices shown are per person based on two adults sharing the lowest grade available within the cabin type shown and are subject to availability. *Book a Select Price holiday before 31 March 2015 on selected cruises departing before 28 February 2016 and when you select the cabin type of your choice you’ll only be paying February’s cost of a cabin type at least one type lower (e.g. book an Obstructed Outside cabin in March but only pay what an Inside cabin cost in February). Prices shown are already discounted to the price of the lower cabin type.

And all Select Price bookings made during the period will receive a free bottle of Bubbly to celebrate the launch of Britannia delivered to your cabin. One bottle per cabin.

Standard P&O Cruises Select Price benefits of on board spending money, car parking or return coach travel also apply. Choice of benefits dependent on cruise type, duration and time of booking. Offer is not applicable to Early Saver, other promotional prices or combinable with any other offer, and cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative. We reserve the right to withdraw the offer in whole or on individual cruises at any time.

Please see the legal section of this website for full P&O Cruises terms and conditions, which you must read before booking.

Edited by asda

Hmmm, I would much rather choose a cabin than rely on them to give you a decent one. sometimes they consider an upgrade to be in a part of the ship where you wouldn't want to be.

It appears these are select bookings whereby you choose your cabin but pay for a cabin in at least a category lower for a limited period of time. Interesting but no good for me because I need to see how I get on with Oceana before deciding whether to give Britannia a go, being a P&O newbie :)

Or on re reading the offer you are correct it is cabin type - I would end up under the lido or one of the noisy venues with my luck :)

Edited by Triplalot

I read it as you can choose your cabin & the offer applies to selected cruises. ie. It could be a cruise on any ship in the fleet & not just Britannia. They don't make some of their offers easy to understand do they?

I read it as you can choose your cabin & the offer applies to selected cruises. ie. It could be a cruise on any ship in the fleet & not just Britannia. They don't make some of their offers easy to understand do they?

Hello.

Off topic but I recognised your name from a few years ago. Out of interest do you still run WLC?

has anyone booked today's new offer of free upgrade on britainnia if you book from 2cd March till the end ? If so did you get the upgrade on booking?

This is offer

Celebrate Britannia terms and conditionsSelect Prices shown are per person based on two adults sharing the lowest grade available within the cabin type shown and are subject to availability. *Book a Select Price holiday before 31 March 2015 on selected cruises departing before 28 February 2016 and when you select the cabin type of your choice you’ll only be paying February’s cost of a cabin type at least one type lower (e.g. book an Obstructed Outside cabin in March but only pay what an Inside cabin cost in February). Prices shown are already discounted to the price of the lower cabin type.

And all Select Price bookings made during the period will receive a free bottle of Bubbly to celebrate the launch of Britannia delivered to your cabin. One bottle per cabin.

Standard P&O Cruises Select Price benefits of on board spending money, car parking or return coach travel also apply. Choice of benefits dependent on cruise type, duration and time of booking. Offer is not applicable to Early Saver, other promotional prices or combinable with any other offer, and cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative. We reserve the right to withdraw the offer in whole or on individual cruises at any time.

Please see the legal section of this website for full P&O Cruises terms and conditions, which you must read before booking.

Checked today and the cruise we are on in July on Arcadia is included in this promo,so it is across all the fleet, but not all grades of cabins..our grade is sold out.

Just tried a dummy booking for the Arcadia cruise .....and guess what, yet again us early bookers on select fares are being penalised.. I know, its in the T's& C's, it's all been said before....and yes I was " happy" with the price I paid at the time....I just hope I get first priority for upgrades!:rolleyes:

Interestingly though, the Azura cruise in May does not seem to be included in this offer....anyone any thoughts as to why? Presumably because it is selling well?

Edited by Mysticalmother
Addition

With regards upgrades and so on, following a question I asked of the Loyalty office on Azura last week, he gave me the impression that you would only get upgrades and the increased OBC that have been flying around, if you booked through P&O and not through a TA.

Having booked a Select fare for Brittania in August, I naively asked if I was likely to benefit in any particular way. His response was that the answer would be in the negative.

Anyone with similar experiences or is this correct?