Another Shake Up at NCL

SeaShark

Drew Madsen has resigned....Andy Stewart is now the President of Norwegian Cruise Line.

Congrats Andy!!

[sigh] Stuart....Andy Stuart is now the President (and COO) of Norwegian Cruise Line.

Stewart is the guy who cleans your stateroom! ;):p

Best decision ever!! Andy is one of the longest standing executives at NCL and a great guy. I wanted him leading NCL for a long time now and never understood the choice from Darden. I think excellent news all around. Congrats to Andy. Well deserved!

Best decision ever!! Andy is one of the longest standing executives at NCL and a great guy. I wanted him leading NCL for a long time now and never understood the choice from Darden. I think excellent news all around. Congrats to Andy. Well deserved!

I have to agree, Andy is already a friendly, familiar face within the company, much like Mr Sheehan was.

True, but I feel like that's more of a shakeup than Stuart's promotion. Flesch was controversial, but he was Sheehan's man.

True. But the real shake up in all this are the departing members of NCLH's Board of Directors as announced this morning. The fallout continues.

True. But the real shake up in all this are the departing members of NCLH's Board of Directors as announced this morning. The fallout continues.

One has to wonder about Beck in all of this. She's the last of Sheehan's big hires, and has done a terrific job.

Yesterday over on the Crystal boards there was a link to the big announcement that Crystal Cruises was acquired by Genting for 550 million$. Genting is a major shareholder of Norwegian Cruise Line. Are these events connected?

Good question. Been wondering that myself.

With Genting owning Crystal now and NCL which is part owned by Genting having Regent and Oceania... looks like someone is hoarding Luxury lines!

Good question. Been wondering that myself.

With Genting owning Crystal now and NCL which is part owned by Genting having Regent and Oceania... looks like someone is hoarding Luxury lines!

I believe Genting owns 28% of NCLH, the largest single shareholder. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that. For those that don't know, NCLH consists of Norwegian Cruise Line and Prestige, which includes brands Regent and Oceania Cruises. Genting will soon own Crystal Cruises, a luxury competitor of Prestige. It will be interesting to see how it all that plays out as it seems like a conflict of interest.

I'm guessing this is not over yet.

One has to wonder about Beck in all of this. She's the last of Sheehan's big hires, and has done a terrific job.

We all thought Sheehan was doing a good job, too, but maybe that doesn't count !!!

I have seen some very large companies seriously damaged financially by these upper level power struggles or ego conflicts.

Edited by swedish weave

I believe Genting owns 28% of NCLH, the largest single shareholder. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that. For those that don't know, NCLH consists of Norwegian Cruise Line and Prestige, which includes brands Regent and Oceania Cruises. Genting will soon own Crystal Cruises, a luxury competitor of Prestige. It will be interesting to see how it all that plays out as it seems like a conflict of interest.

I'm guessing this is not over yet.

Genting actually owns 25%, but I think you're close enough.

and the stock went up again yesterday.