RC Oasis/Allure vs. Epic? European cruise

This will be our 3rd cruise. We've sailed Royal Carribean Oasis (Carribean) and Celebrity Solstice (Alaska). We are also booked on Oasis again for next spring with my daughter - her first cruise.

I know that the Allure will probably be a more spectacular ship. I'm looking for anyone that has sailed on the Allure for a comparison to the ships I have sailed. The ports are equally good and interesting. For the cost of Allure (ocean balcony) I could get a mini suite with a beverage package included, and it's $300 less.

This is our 10th anniversary. We are 38 years old, traveling this August. We love good food, wine, and entertainment. It will be our first time to Italy.

I'm almost learning more towards the Epic since we will be on Oasis again in the Spring.

I would appreciate any thoughts.

Edited by lei_augustanniversary

With all my honesty, RC is my first choice when it comes to cruise lines and NCL is the last (with Princess, Celebrity and Carnival in the middle).

The Allure last year was my 53 cruise my BEST ship/cruise ever! Everything was perfect on her.

We went on the NCL Breakaway two years ago only because we wanted to go to Bermuda and family members were booked on her so we joined them, this ship was my least liked in fact had so many negatives to it which really didn't make me have a bad cruise just that it is not the cruise line I would have on my list to go next time.

It happens to be AGAIN family are getting together with friends and they chosen the Getaway for next year, not thinking we would want to go because they all knew we didn't like NCL we were not asked to join but they thought about why not ask just maybe we go and yes we are going to be with family and the only reason why we all have booked up a cruise a year in a half away (and I have not taken my cruises or land trips yet this year) is because of the perks, the complimentary drink package was included....my cruise agency is also paying for our gratuities and we are also getting $100 shipboard credit, so with having these perks we are happy to book NCL up, so you may just want to choose NCL because the drink package alone for two people would cost you around $790 and your getting that "free" on top of having decent prices.

We also booked the mini suite and it only comes with ONE of those perks you have to choose one of the regular suites to get them all.

Honestly for Europe the ship rarely matters other than the ports of call it will visit. You will be on such a port intensive cruise that you will be tired when coming back on board. Because of the freestyle dining it is actually better, you can eat when you want and not have to worry about making a scheudled dining time. O'Sheehans will also serve food 24 hours, if you have a great meal on land and aren't hungry during the normal dining hours.

I haven't been on RCL so I can't help you. In all cases I would get a balcony cabin.

We have sailed on the Allure once and the Epic twice. We would definitely choose the Epic over Allure. We enjoyed the entertainment and overall feel of the Epic much better than the Allure. We had a great cruise on the Allure, but just prefer NCL over RC.

We sailed on Epic a few years ago for a Mediterranean cruise. For us, the best part was that after a long day of walking, we'd come back and unwind in the Thermal Suite. The Allure doesn't really have an equivalent offering. The nighttime entertainment and restaurants were also good on the Epic.

We took the Allure to the Caribbean. Some of my family loved it, but I liked it less than some smaller RCCL ships. On paper the Allure beats the Epic, but for personal preference, the Epic wins for me.

Don't take Lynda's advise, she hates NCL says the boats rock more than any others and still books on NCL. Go figure[emoji33]

We love NCL our favorite cruise line.

Hey she taken 53 cruises too. I don't need to read that fact anymore. I've read it so much it's embedded in my brain.:p

Bill

I would like to go on the Allure, but totally love the Epic: so much so that we are going on it again this year :D

Just bear in mind that August is peak time for European holidays so there will be lots of children on whatever ship you choose, and lots of queues at port/attractions. With this in mind I would personally choose whichever ship gave me the biggest personal/quiet space and most definitely a balcony! Plus, like has already been mentioned, the added benefit of eating when you like it's a godsend when you have got such a port intensive cruise.

Im sure whichever you choose you will have a fab time - but if I were you it would be the Epic :)