Larger Panoramic Ocean View Stateroom #1864 on Voyager of the Seas

Thanks for photo. Did you stay in cabin 1804 on the Voyager. Is this the same view as when you leave. Any tips you have would be great. What are drink prices. Did you get any photos of the daily compass by any chance.

Yes it was 1804 on Voyager and I believe Navigator and Explorer are the same.

All the photos are taken from within the room. When we reversed out, the Opera House came into view and we looked ahead going down the Harbour, closer to the Opera House side.

Tips - Make sure you take some seasickness meds if you aren't used to cruising so far forward and up high (just in case). On port days we always order a room service breakfast early - less hassles. If the buffet is busy at lunchtime, the dining room has a salad bar and a few hot dishes on one floor and on another they do a la carte - only on sea days.

Use the menu button on the remote for the tv to check your account (we check daily), book excursions and order room service and some drinks.

Make sure you go to the ice show - great. Also the Dreamworks Parade - get a spot early. When we cruised in Feb there was a Queen tribute show with remarkable singers and thoroughly entertaining (if you like Queen). Of course the Quest and Love and Marriage game both usually are good fun.

Drinks, I'm not so sure but didn't think they were overly priced. Coke etc $2.50, I usually had a Mimosa around $8 - $9 but we are Diamond C&A and had a range of free drinks in the Diamond Lounge each evening 5.30-8.30 if we wanted. But I believe the prices have increased and the are US$s plus gratuities. Usually there is a cocktail of the day at a reduced price.

Haven't got any cruise compasses but just ask and I'll try to remember!

Photo of a storm brewing at sea.

image.jpg.b66b3157a1a44f6ec63e4ce719dde946.jpg

Edited by megsie

Thanks again. Any particular seasickness meds you can recommend. I believe you can also get them on the ship. Thanks for the tips on eating. I like the idea of ordering room service for breakfast (and this is all included is that correct). Is the food in the Cafe on the promenade (not sure what it is called) included? Where can you eat of port days if you don't get off the boat. Have you been to Isle of Pines, Lifou and Noumea? If you have, can you use USD or do you need South Pacific Francs? We are going end January so hopefully the weather will be nice. Defintely intend to do the ice show. I believe they have an outdoor movie screen, do they also have an indoor cinema? Do they have the dreamworks parade more than once on the ship. Yes do like Queen so that would have been awesome. No sure what the Quest and Love and Marriage game are We are not big drinkers. Can you bring in water bottles. I have read some reviews that say yes and some say no. All tips are greatly welcomed.

summerholidays,

We take Avomine, over the counter at chemist. Take one night before cruise and then for a couple of nights then see how you go. We haven't needed them for a few years now, only precautionary if rough seas are predicted. But lots of ideas around as to what works and for whom, ginger tabs, green apples, bands etc. If all fails the medical centre has injections (cost). Guest services or the nurse also have some tablets available - similar to avomine.

Room service is included, only cost is a small service charge, late after 12.00am until early morning. Sodas and alcohol cost as well. 24 hour availability.

Café Promenade has small snack type food, mini croissants, rolls, wraps, pizza slices, muffins, cookies, cake, mousse and jellies. House coffee, tea, hot choc and iced water there as well. Next door is the specialty coffees as well as Ben and Jerry icecream and milkshakes (all cost but yummy). Free icecream, soft serve type in buffet area as well as flavoured water, iced tea and US style lemonade, included also.

On port days you can have room service, eat at the Café Promenade or buffet for lunch. Not sure of Johnny Rockets opening times on port days. Dinner and breakfast is as usual.

Cruised to the islands on Rhapsody in early January a few years ago and the weather was fine and sunny, just a little choppy close to Sydney.

We took some French Pacific Francs just to learn about local currency and gave the leftovers (not much) to a couple of cute kids on Lifou. AUD and USD were accepted at a lot of places but not all.

There is a large outdoor movie screen. The small indoor cinema is no longer in use but there are movies (including 3D) sometimes in La Scala theatre.

When we went to NZ there were 2 parades, one smaller and differently themed.

Quest is adults only, audience is part of teams for the quickest requests for objects to the team leaders. Bras, high heels, handbags etc which the leaders have to model at the end. Usually great fun.

Love and Marriage is a quiz game with volunteered couples married for varying years. Separately from the spouses asked q's and a's then reunited and told of the responses. Can be very funny.

Have heard of some who have taken slab of water, marked with room number, to luggage drop off for room delivery. May or not be acceptable depends on who may be compliant at the luggage drop off and then onboard.

Iced water onboard is fine. You can purchase bottled water as well.

If you like cruising and enjoy Royal Caribbean while onboard join the Crown & Anchor (free) for future priority boarding, discounts etc.

Edited by megsie

summerholidays,

We take Avomine, over the counter at chemist. Take one night before cruise and then for a couple of nights then see how you go. We haven't needed them for a few years now, only precautionary if rough seas are predicted. But lots of ideas around as to what works and for whom, ginger tabs, green apples, bands etc. If all fails the medical centre has injections (cost). Guest services or the nurse also have some tablets available - similar to avomine.

Room service is included, only cost is a small service charge, late after 12.00am until early morning. Sodas and alcohol cost as well. 24 hour availability.

Café Promenade has small snack type food, mini croissants, rolls, wraps, pizza slices, muffins, cookies, cake, mousse and jellies. House coffee, tea, hot choc and iced water there as well Is this included in the price. . Next door is the specialty coffees as well as Ben and Jerry icecream and milkshakes (all cost but yummy). Free icecream, soft serve type in buffet area as well as flavoured water, iced tea and US style lemonade, included also. What is flavoured water and what is US style lemonade?

On port days you can have room service, eat at the Café Promenade or buffet for lunch. Not sure of Johnny Rockets opening times on port days. Dinner and breakfast is as usual.

Cruised to the islands on Rhapsody in early January a few years ago and the weather was fine and sunny, just a little choppy close to Sydney.

We took some French Pacific Francs just to learn about local currency and gave the leftovers (not much) to a couple of cute kids on Lifou. Great will keep this in mind. AUD and USD were accepted at a lot of places but not all.

There is a large outdoor movie screen. The small indoor cinema is no longer in use but there are movies (including 3D) sometimes in La Scala theatre.

When we went to NZ there were 2 parades, one smaller and differently themed.

Quest is adults only, audience is part of teams for the quickest requests for objects to the team leaders. Bras, high heels, handbags etc which the leaders have to model at the end. Usually great fun.

Love and Marriage is a quiz game with volunteered couples married for varying years. Separately from the spouses asked q's and a's then reunited and told of the responses. Can be very funny.

Have heard of some who have taken slab of water, marked with room number, to luggage drop off for room delivery. May or not be acceptable depends on who may be compliant at the luggage drop off and then onboard.

Iced water onboard is fine. You can purchase bottled water as well.

If you like cruising and enjoy Royal Caribbean while onboard join the Crown & Anchor (free) for future priority boarding, discounts etc.

Thanks for this advice will do so. I went on a cruise 25 years ago on Fairstar. Had best time so hope this is just as good even better.

Cafe Promenade has a small coffee/tea/hot choc/iced water station in the centre of the cafe - self service. Included in cruise cost.

Flavoured water, mostly mango flavour is similar tasting to the bottled vitamin water you buy at home - very weak but ok. US style lemonade is like we make with makeup cordiol - flat drink and usually strong. I always dilute it with iced water.

Daughter and family having been wanting to try a cruise and today we were lucky to book 1804 and 1854 - same style rooms on the Voyager for late 2016. Just a long wait for them.

• 4 months later...
There will be 4 of us staying in just the regular Panoramic Ocean View Stateroom/1858. Any idea of what they looked like inside? The configuration? I know our window won't be as big as yours and the other 2 people will sleep on a sofa bed. Really interested to know, as like you, cannot find any photographs.

Thanks,

Angela

Have you sailed yet. We have booked cabin 1858 panoramic ocean view on Explorer of the seas and are interested what is it like. We are a couple travelling with 16yrold boy and 14yr old girl. Not exactly happy that the brother and sister have to share, but not much we can do. Let us know what you think. We are sailing on the 13 Nov not long now

Have you sailed yet. We have booked cabin 1858 panoramic ocean view on Explorer of the seas and are interested what is it like. We are a couple travelling with 16yrold boy and 14yr old girl. Not exactly happy that the brother and sister have to share, but not much we can do. Let us know what you think. We are sailing on the 13 Nov not long now

Hi there. No I haven't sailed yet. Our cruise isn't until February. I hope you have an awesome time on yours coming up soon! If you could take some pictures of your cabin and post them here, that would be great and I'd really appreciate it.

Angela

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Megsie, did the family panoramic ocean view cabin 1804 have a safe.

I was on Explorer of the Seas arriving in Syd 30 Nov in Panoramic Oceanview Cabin 1858.

It had a safe. All the rooms have safes and mini bar fridges in them.:)

We are booked on Voyager in March in cabin 1852 and can't wait, but also can"t find any pics.

We are also in that cabin in the October sailing. Trying to find pictures as well.

But i'm worried whether there is an obstruction by the "atenna" thing that is right in front of the refurbished deck 12. Could you post photos of the view after your cruise? Much appreciated. Thanks

• 2 months later...

We have just returned from a fantastic South Pacific cruise on Voyager of the Seas. Here are the all important pictures of our Panoramic Oceanview Cabin #1852 as promised.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141358841@N05/shares/47bX5L

Highly recommend these cabins if you can snare one. While there is some noticeable movement when there is a bit of a swell, nothing too untoward and we found the gentle rocking quite relaxing. The close proximity to the adults only pool, spa and gym was also a great advantage.

These cabins also have plenty of storage and room to move about. On a side note, the muster station for these cabins is the Star Lounge on deck 5, so you don't even have to stand outside when doing the muster drill.:D

• 2 weeks later...