Reserving sunbeds Azura

cruisebore

Oh dear lord. Why can someone on here not have a different opinion?

Here goes. It has never happened to me and I've never seen or heard anything like what some of the posters are saying.

Doesn't make them wrong or me wrong but I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon and agree when Ive not come across it.

There's how many commented on this thread ? A teeny tiny amount as far as I'm concerned. So it may be the 1000's who will be on Azura with me later on this year don't have any problems, like me.:D

I asked the question because I was interested in what she said and how she also put it across. No need to put words in my mouth.

If I change my mind, I'll let you know...:cool:

Try and stay cool. Why do you have to be so aggressive? I must have missed the memo saying you couldn't ask someone a straightforward question.

Try and stay cool. Why do you have to be so aggressive? I must have missed the memo saying you couldn't ask someone a straightforward question.

It really wasnt a straightforward question if you read all the thread. I also missed the memo that said you cant put what you want on here within the board guidelines.

Its up to you if you want to interpret it as being aggressive. Certainly not my intention.

Easy answer to this one; Ask him to move and if he refuses DH sits on one side and I sit on the other side of the prat and we talk over him incessantly, continually passing books, suncream, etc backwards and forwards :)

Love it! :)

Easy answer to this one; Ask him to move and if he refuses DH sits on one side and I sit on the other side of the prat and we talk over him incessantly, continually passing books, suncream, etc backwards and forwards :)

[quote=dgs1956;45970477. Next to me were three sunbeds and this prat laid himself down on the middle one. A lot of animosity that day.

See I really dont get this at all. Why would you give yourself angst and be party to a lot of animosity all day because of this. If you were perfectly happy with your sunbed arrangements, why be concerned what someone else was doing ?

If I came up and saw these beds and wanted/needed them, I would just approach and ask politely if we could re-arrange the beds for my husband and I. I certainly wouldnt let it ruin my day surrounded by animosity.

In relation to talking over him incessantly passing things back and forward, thinking you were winding him up. I really couldnt be bothered with all that and certainly wouldnt waste my time or day trying to get one over so to speak. My days on the cruise are far too precious to me to bother with things like that.

I must admit - and this was on Azura - a couple offered to move so hubby and I could sit next to each other - some people are nice :)

I must admit - and this was on Azura - a couple offered to move so hubby and I could sit next to each other - some people are nice :)

Thats the kind of thing I would do and the kind of thing I generally come up against...:)

At the risk of being flamed I think yes - you should give it up if you are leaving for an hour.

Other lines manage it well with deck or pool boys who leave cards on empty sunbeds and if they are not claimed within 30 mins, everything is removed and the sunbed freed up.

What a brilliant idea.

Whilst my hubby and I are not obsessed with rushing out and laying in the sun every time that it shines a little, we might like to relax for a while in the late afternoon or after a port visit. We would prefer to do this on our own balcony rather than go to the noisy pool area or where there are lots of children running about. Why don't all balcony cabins come with proper recliners at least? I'm sure that there are many people like us who just want to enjoy relaxing and gazing at the ocean in the peace and quiet of our own private area but the chair that we usually find on the balcony is just not suitable for anything but sitting. We are cruising on Azura in June and would be interested in knowing what terrace furniture we are going to find on our balcony. Anyone?

Whilst my hubby and I are not obsessed with rushing out and laying in the sun every time that it shines a little, we might like to relax for a while in the late afternoon or after a port visit. We would prefer to do this on our own balcony rather than go to the noisy pool area or where there are lots of children running about. Why don't all balcony cabins come with proper recliners at least? I'm sure that there are many people like us who just want to enjoy relaxing and gazing at the ocean in the peace and quiet of our own private area but the chair that we usually find on the balcony is just not suitable for anything but sitting. We are cruising on Azura in June and would be interested in knowing what terrace furniture we are going to find on our balcony. Anyone?

If having no wish to rush about or worry about the availability of a sunbed, as suggested previously, book two large comfortable beds in the Sanctuary/Retreat

then there are the ones who reserve two in the shade and two in the sun! Oh yes, I've seen that more than once.

Yes on that Azura cruise 6/7th Match, security had to become involved because someone had done this and be came very aggressive when a couple of their sunbeds were taken on their return. It should be up to p&o to patrol the decks not the passengers who may be subjected to a threat of violence.

From the various sunbed posts, it has become evident that the "Total A... H...." would appear to mostly frequent the Azura and Ventura. This ties in exactly to what I, and my BIL, had to endure and suffer.

On the other side of the debate, on this diverse thread, there are those of the "no not me - seen nothing - heard even less brigade", who could either be possibly in denial, or actually part of the problem.:eek:

A personal opinion only.

I'll be embarking on Ventura soon, so I'll be able to see for myself why she gets a bad rep :D I am fully expecting to encounter some arrogant individuals who think they are above everyone else, obnoxious oiks with foul mouths and violent tempers, sarcastic two faced gossipers, the full spectrum from full on snob to world class chav. I am also experienced in dealing with the full spectrum too.

Why am I expecting this? Because with over 3000 on board, it's innevitable that there are going to be some bad eggs, irrespective of what their particular social incompetence and source of narrow mindedness is.

I'm also expecting to meet some really nice people too. They're the ones I'll be focussing on, not the socially impared.

From the various sunbed posts, it has become evident that the "Total A... H...." would appear to mostly frequent the Azura and Ventura. This ties in exactly to what I, and my BIL, had to endure and suffer.

On the other side of the debate, on this diverse thread, there are those of the "no not me - seen nothing - heard even less brigade", who could either be possibly in denial, or actually part of the problem.:eek:

A personal opinion only.

Or it could just be that they don't get involved in everyone else's drama. Quite happy to not let sunbeds situations ruin their holiday and enjoy every part of the cruise experience. If you go looking for problems, you will surely find.:D

We go with a very open mind and the fact there will be 3000 other people with you and at times there will be something that maybe doesn't suit you.

Lots of people don't like the big ships. As has been said earlier about the crowds, the seascreen and General noise around the pools.

Yes it's crowded but no too crowded that it bothers me. Yes it can be noisey with the seascreenand but equally so, I love it.

People are quite obsessed with 'brigades' on here'. :cool: what are they? :D

For what it's worth, just my opinion of course...:)

I'll be embarking on Ventura soon, so I'll be able to see for myself why she gets a bad rep :D I am fully expecting to encounter some arrogant individuals who think they are above everyone else, obnoxious oiks with foul mouths and violent tempers, sarcastic two faced gossipers, the full spectrum from full on snob to world class chav. I am also experienced in dealing with the full spectrum too.

Why am I expecting this? Because with over 3000 on board, it's innevitable that there are going to be some bad eggs, irrespective of what their particular social incompetence and source of narrow mindedness is.

I'm also expecting to meet some really nice people too. They're the ones I'll be focussing on, not the socially impared.

Ha ha loved this. No idea why or if Ventura gets a bad reputation.

We loved her and will go onher again. Met loads of nice people also for the first time we shared tables for dinner with lots of different personalities but all great company and very fascinating.

Go with an open mind. She's a fantastic ship. Enjoy. Xx

Been on Ventura twice and going twice this year all in the school holidays and have yet to meet some of the characters who have been described here. Lovely ship and staff.:cool:

Brilliant. That's how I feel. We're on Azura again this year, purely because the dates suit us better this year.

Wouldn't hesitate to go on Ventura again. Xx

Newbieafloat

My better half and I have just returned home from the Ventura after an excellent cruise, we had no problems getting sunbeds only one required for the boss as due to back problems I can get into a lounger but cannot get back out.

With the exception of one pretentious prat we met in the dining room all the people we met were just like us, people enjoying their holiday. We enjoyed our cruise so much we booked up on board for next year on Azura.

We have cruised with P&O since 2005 and never had a bad cruise they just keep getting better, but there again we don't go looking for things to complain about.

Life is for living not for complaining about trivia.