Whole lobster vs lobster tail

leela8

Why does anyone want to know something about a cruise before they cruise? huh? What does it matter why I wnat to know something this is a forum to get answers to questions about carnival cruises.

Why does anyone want to know something about a cruise before they cruise? huh? What does it matter why I wnat to know something this is a forum to get answers to questions about carnival cruises.

It seems that this poster will not be satisfied with answers that are not specifically about what the present situation will be on the ship she will be on at the end of this month. Rest assured, there will be some kind of lobster offered in the MDR and the Steakhouse. HOWEVER, what they will be presenting is going to be determined by what is available through their supplier at the time the product is trucked to the ship on the day you sail. SO, your best course of action is to wait to see what the menu states on the nights you are in the MDR and ask your waiter what is really being presented that night. Is it whole lobster or just a tail? Trust me, that is the only time you will have a chance of getting the right answer for your situation. Remember, however, there is a chance that your waiter may give you the wrong answer. SO, If that happens, then you have a right to complain. Looking for some kind of certainty on what it will be now is tilting at windmills. There is a very big chance that whatever you hear on this site, or any other site, will be completely wrong and you will be :mad: when you are on the ship. What you are asking is like asking the name of the pig that the pork chops you are eating came from.

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise

So if a poster wants to know if a balcony faces a certain way or if the closet door is on the left or right just answer.... wait till you get on your cruise and find out then!

I think now you are being a bit rude. What the previous poster was referring to, as an example, was that when we were on Liberty in September, a whole lobster was served the first night, then after that it was just a lobster tail.

It is now six months later and that may have changed already, or when you sail it might change as the food is evolving as evidenced by many posts on here. What is a fact today, maybe be a myth tomorrow. I am guessing the the poster you think is rude was saying not to get your hopes up too high as things might change by the time you are on the ship.

Your analogy is totally different as the balcony is not going to change. Sometimes I think people read more into something than what is being said and not being actually able to hear the person may also create a problem when one was not intended.

I'm not asking if they are going to serve me a whole lobster or a lobster tail. I am asking what the menu reads what is on the menu. If they changed it fleetwide or is it ship specific.

I'm not asking if they are going to serve me a whole lobster or a lobster tail. I am asking what the menu reads what is on the menu. If they changed it fleetwide or is it ship specific.

Well, then I suggest that you register on one current roll call for every ship in the fleet, and ask the question there, since you're not happy with the feedback you're getting here. Have a nice day.

How arrogant and rude. I am simply asking if they changed the menu for the upsell lobster. If you don't know don't answer and don't be rude.

Sorry... I've been following this thread (I love whole lobster too!) and yours are the only messages that seem to carry an undercurrent of rudeness.

People are telling you the extent of what they know; they're trying to help! It could be that what you're asking is simply unknowable at this time. Without a crystal ball or a TARDIS, it may not be something that anyone can answer. And that's ok... right?

Why don't you call Carnival and ask them since you don't like the answers that have been given here. No need to be rude.

So far she hasn't believed anyone.

The Pride had only tails last week. The guy selling Steakhouse reservations in the atrium said they never had whole lobster but I saw a lady at the next table in November on the Pride get a whole lobster.

So if a poster wants to know if a balcony faces a certain way or if the closet door is on the left or right just answer.... wait till you get on your cruise and find out then!

You can find the answer to room and layout questions by looking at the ships deck plans. Using a little logic a reasonable person can know exactly what the floor plan for any given room is. Let's see if you can figure it out.

And in my other post that you called rude and arrogant, I was giving you the most logical answer that can be given to your request. I was trying to tell you the there are so many variables in provisioning a ship that even if you saw the menu used yesterday and it said that it would be a whole lobster, on your day it might not be. If you think that a menu from another person's MDR experience will represent what you will get, you are in for a big surprise 7.369581 times out of 10.

So no more lobster night in the MDR without an upcharge? I thought it was still on offer one night per cruise.

so, if I READ the response correctly, they are talking about tail vs. whole, mdr vs. steakhouse

What you are asking is like asking the name of the pig that the pork chops you are eating came from.

That's what was posted.... if you didn't mean it to be rude you would have put lol next to it

I just don't think that my question is understood. There is a big difference between a whole steamed lobster and a lobster tail. The steakhouse always offered a tail. In the MDR there is a section on the menu that has steakhouse selections for 20.00. I was on the Liberty in August and the menu said whole lobster. On the Breeze in Feburary the menu said lobster tail. Did carnival dicontinue the whole steamed lobster or is it just the Breeze (the breeze just switched to American table that week so the menus were brand new. I was asking all cruisers who have recently cruised who remembers what was on the menu in the MDR.

What you are asking is like asking the name of the pig that the pork chops you are eating came from.

That's what was posted.... if you didn't mean it to be rude you would have put lol next to it

I just don't think that my question is understood. There is a big difference between a whole steamed lobster and a lobster tail. The steakhouse always offered a tail. In the MDR there is a section on the menu that has steakhouse selections for 20.00. I was on the Liberty in August and the menu said whole lobster. On the Breeze in Feburary the menu said lobster tail. Did carnival dicontinue the whole steamed lobster or is it just the Breeze (the breeze just switched to American table that week so the menus were brand new. I was asking all cruisers who have recently cruised who remembers what was on the menu in the MDR.

Either no one here ordered specialty lobster, or no one takes time from their cruise to memorize a menu;)

I hope your cruise is not spoiled because you don't know if it's tail or a whole

lobster before you go:eek:

Exactly. What I would like to have the answer to is what does the menu read on the conquest and the valor? (my 2 upcoming crusies) Did carnival change the menu? when?

I have to say this....

YOUR TONE in YOUR POSTS....

Seems so VERY SELF-IMPORTANT,

& ME-CENTRIC.

Saddened to read posts,

like yours...

Flame Away,

Supporters of this particular mindset....

We ALL pay $$$ for Our Cruise Experience,

& sometimes, Our Perceived Outcomes, Do Not Materialise...

Hello.... That's Life....