Royal's drink $$$

hunt182644

What is Happy Hour on HAL? Do they have Happy Hour in all the lounges? What hours is Happy Hour? Thanks...taking my first cruise on HAL and Happy Hour sounds like something we'd be interested in.

Happy Hour is usually in the Crows Nest, Ocean Bar and on some ships Northern Lights. I know in the Crows Nest and Ocean Bar it is usually from 4-5 pm. Buy one drink for full price and get the second for $1. Sometimes they have one later in the evening 10:30-11:30 pm, times on this one can vary.

s i

this is not necessarily true -- they know if you are on for another segment and it doesn't always show up.

You're right. Sometimes they deliver the liquor at the end of a cruise segment to those who are staying but they are more careful about that lately.

Sorry to burst your bubble. The higher drink prices and service charges ARE coming.:mad:

It's not if, it's when.

RCI/Celebrity, Princess and now NCL.

They are already tinkering around with it at Carnival.

$10 drinks and 18% gratuities. Coming soon to a HAL ship near you!:eek::(

I hate to agree with you but it is also my largest on board expense.:D

There are cruisers out there for whom the bar bill is not the largest onboard expense?? Fortunately, like you, I am not one of them!

Raise drinks to $10 and the extra $3.05 will be lost HAL

revenue as individuals govern their drinking by their budget vs by the number of their drinks.

Generalizations are never good. Not everyone would be included in your description. Some people may spend many $$ on excursions and others may choose to spend it on photos, spa treatments, alcohol etc

Happy Hour is usually in the Crows Nest, Ocean Bar and on some ships Northern Lights. I know in the Crows Nest and Ocean Bar it is usually from 4-5 pm. Buy one drink for full price and get the second for $1. Sometimes they have one later in the evening 10:30-11:30 pm, times on this one can vary.

Thanks for the information. I had no idea they had a Happy Hour.

Thanks for the information. I had no idea they had a Happy Hour.

Glad Pathfinder could answer your question promptly. We just check the daily newsletter and go to the right place at the right time, lol.

Sometimes they bring out appetizers, too. Definitely the best Happy Hour we've experienced in our cruises....sure hope that doesn't change.

Edited by HokiePoq

Glad Pathfinder could answer your question promptly. We just check the daily newsletter and go to the right place at the right time, lol.

Sometimes they bring out appetizers, too. Definitely the best Happy Hour we've experienced in our cruises....sure hope that doesn't change.

HokiePoq....I imagine the lounge is packed during Happy Hour.