Another look at the website!

kekilia

Hello Wol - believe I answered your question via email, but if not please let me know. This is a limitation where bookings cannot be updated online once within a week of sailing.

Yes, Mike - I got your email. Thanks. I have been a bit busy organising the next four cruises!

Incidentally, we have put down a deposit for a cruise in April 2016, and the TA's invoice says that full payment is required by Oceania this August - is this so?

Not really a problem since we usually pay in full anyway so as to avoid any increases as per the small print.

Incidentally, we have put down a deposit for a cruise in April 2016, and the TA's invoice says that full payment is required by Oceania this August - is this so?

It's a bit out of my area of expertise, and payment rules vary depending on a number of different factors. But if that is what the TA's invoice says, then I would be inclined to think that it is right.

It's a bit out of my area of expertise, and payment rules vary depending on a number of different factors. But if that is what the TA's invoice says, then I would be inclined to think that it is right.

The key to answer this question is what does the Oceania invoice say. There are hopefully few TA's who collect the payment and hold it until it is due the cruiseline thus earning interest on the money and there unfortunately those who collect payments, hold them and then go out of business leaving the customer stuck if they pay by cash or check.

Need to be sure that your credit card is charged by Oceania and not the TA to be sure your payment is received by the cruiseline. Not sure what the laws are in OZ but, in the US we are protected for fraudulent payments only by using credit cards. Debit cards are NOT covered by US regulations.

You should have an Oceania invoice as well as your TA's invoice and if you don't, you need to request it quickly and see what it says. Having said that, no problem if the TA wants your payment a few days prior to your cruise however 8 months as Wol is stating. According to the Oceania website, the earliest full payment is 6 months for the World Cruise and next is 4 months for long cruises. Something is fishy with your TA wanting payment 8 months before your cruise.

@ Mike Moore: Mike: I have just put in my dining reservations for SYD - PPT - MIA and noted one or two things that might be improved.

Depending on which page I went to my allowed reservation numbers were 3, 6 or 8 each. It's not significant because when you get to the reservation page (which is much better than the old site's) it is the right number. (Obviously to do with the three sector cruise.)

A slight niggle is that the size of the calendar means you have to scroll down to see it all, losing the top part of the page as you do: would it be possible to amend the coding so that each month fits into one screen without the need to scroll? It would look much nicer.

Regards Wol