Another look at the website!

kekilia

Recently, I posted a thread about the new website. From that post I learned I wasn't the only fish in the sea having issues with the new website. On advice from that post, I checked my guest registration and discovered that the month on every date was off by one month too soon, so as I'm sure a lot of people did, I changed it to the correct month. So, NOW OCEANIA HAS ALSO CORRECTED IT, meaning that when I checked the site today, IT IS NOW OFF by one month in the other direction!

All this finagling with the website is creating a logjam of errors. We correct them, then O fixes the problem, then we have to go back to check. Has created a very insecure feeling bout what O actually has on file. If I could go back, I'd follow S&J's advice and wait until O had the site up and running.

At this point, I'm doing all my transactions with O by my TA and directly with O on the phone. My dining reservations are coming up in one month. Don't know if I will go online or call? Anybody else feel that way? I'm in a suite so I'm nt concerned too much with getting the reservations I want, but I feel for others who may get stuck. Just say in' :)

Edited by kekilia

Kekilia,

This may be news to you but it's "old hat"

See my post #33 in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2173749

Just try to relax and enjoy your cruise planning and the cruise itself :)

Well, I'm just trying to help out those of us who don't follow evey posting of every thread. If that's old hat, I'll wear it!:D

When everyone started to make changes to the dates on the new internet site, I did not change my data trusting Mike and his staff to get the system correct. Just checked my personal data and all of the dates are correct. Good work Mike!

Kekilia, Just finished making our 12 specialty reservations for 72N. 3 WC segments. Just happened to notice option on MyAccounts. Did 6:30, share on sea nights. First 4 went great. It then froze up. After several tries, mailed my cabinmate and TA. Between both of them we did it. half at either restaurant per Os requirements.Month from sailing.Patience.

Was it not possible on the old site to arrange excursions, transfers and the like?

It certainly doesn't appear so now; perhaps I remember wrongly:confused:

You can still book excursions online

go to

booked cruises> manage my booking> shore excursions>shop for excursions> click on the port then add any excursions to the cart follow the instructions for check out

Transfers I am not sure if they were there before as we just take a taxi

Edited by LHT28

You can still book excursions online

go to

booked cruises> manage my booking> shore excursions>shop for excursions> click on the port then add any excursions to the cart follow the instructions for check out

Transfers I am not sure if they were there before as we just take a taxi

Sounds logical - but have you actually tried it on the new site? There's no option to actually book - only a line which says we have no bookings!

Sounds logical - but have you actually tried it on the new site? There's no option to actually book - only a line which says we have no bookings!

I think you and I are in the same situation with the 'no bookings' line. Is your cruise more than six months out?

Our next cruise is in November, and if I remember correctly from our past cruising, Oceania won't release the itineraries for the excursions much before May (six months before cruise).

yes I did

this is what I did

under Overview click on manage this booking

it shows several tabs Shore excursions, dining, hotels etc

when I click on shore excursions to the right there is a blue tab SHOP FOR SHORE EXCURSIONS

Click that it then brought up a box for each day of the cruise with excursions listed for the port I highlighted

Are you using the US site or do you have an Australian site??

this may be the problem

If you cannot see the excursions you may want to email Mike Moore with your booking number & problem so he can look into it

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

Are you doing the shortened World cruise that starts next week??

If so I do not think you can do any bookings a week prior to the cruise if not then I would contact Mike Moore to see if it is a website issue for you

Lyn

yes I did

this is what I did

under Overview click on manage this booking

it shows several tabs Shore excursions, dining, hotels etc

when I click on shore excursions to the right there is a blue tab SHOP FOR SHORE EXCURSIONS

Click that it then brought up a box for each day of the cruise with excursions listed for the port I highlighted

Are you using the US site or do you have an Australian site??

this may be the problem

If you cannot see the excursions you may want to email Mike Moore with your booking number & problem so he can look into it

Lyn

Most peculiar - You do what I do, but when I click on "Shore excursions" nothing changes - there's no blue tab to shop!

And I am using the .com, not .com.au.

I have a VPN - I will see if accessing from "within" the USA makes any difference.

I think you and I are in the same situation with the 'no bookings' line. Is your cruise more than six months out?

Our next cruise is in November, and if I remember correctly from our past cruising, Oceania won't release the itineraries for the excursions much before May (six months before cruise).

It starts this week! Though the transfer I want is in several weeks time.

Most peculiar - You do what I do, but when I click on "Shore excursions" nothing changes - there's no blue tab to shop!

As for shore excursions, you are too late to book them online (too close to the cruise date) - ditto for transfers.

You can book both, the excursions & transfers, as soon as you board.

Enjoy your cruise.

As for shore excursions, you are too late to book them online (too close to the cruise date) - ditto for transfers.

You can book both, the excursions & transfers, as soon as you board.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you!

I have just tried using a VPN to "place" me in the US with the same result. But I can book for the cruise starting in a couple of months so your comment is completely correct!

Problem solved (so far as the site is concerned - it does seem perverse that you are blocked from booking online now but will be able to in a week's time onboard!)

I did have the same problem but I reloaded the page & the tabs appeared

But it maybe that you are too close to sailing

Enjoy the cruise

lyn

... - it does seem perverse that you are blocked from booking online now but will be able to in a week's time onboard!)

They need time to transfer all the information from the home office to the ship, and be sure it's recorded correctly. They probably don't need qa week, but err on the side of caution.

Hello Wol - believe I answered your question via email, but if not please let me know. This is a limitation where bookings cannot be updated online once within a week of sailing.