How to get Resident rates during search on new website?

In the past you could put resident rates, sr or military and it would eliminate all but those rates when doing a search. Has anyone figured out how the new website works and if it will show only the state, sr or military rates?

I believe that is a known problem with the new website.

In the past you could put resident rates, sr or military and it would eliminate all but those rates when doing a search. Has anyone figured out how the new website works and if it will show only the state, sr or military rates?

I use an online TA website. They post all the reduced rates (senior, military, resident, etc). They are the same as on RCCL's website. If it doesn't post a discounted rate, it posts the regular rate. If I want to check the regular rate I just don't put in the discount I'm interested in. When I've checked RCCL's website, I've experienced the same thing. I haven't done it recently, so not sure if there is a change or not.

I just did a search for a cruise and after entering destination, port, dates I then submitted that information. A list of possible cruises was displayed and on the left hand side of the page was an area to select resident, military etc. discount rates.

I just did a search for a cruise and after entering destination, port, dates I then submitted that information. A list of possible cruises was displayed and on the left hand side of the page was an area to select resident, military etc. discount rates.

But after your select your special rate you will see that the same amount of cruises shows up as you got when you did NOT check a special rate.

But after your select your special rate you will see that the same amount of cruises shows up as you got when you did NOT check a special rate.

I agree, however, I went back and got the following results. The Freedom 7 day cruise on 10 May as an example.

Regular rate $599.00

Select Senior Rate $588.00

Select Military Rate $575.00

None showed resident rate which apparently means there are none for the selected cruises.

• 3 weeks later...
I agree, however, I went back and got the following results. The Freedom 7 day cruise on 10 May as an example.

Regular rate $599.00

Select Senior Rate $588.00

Select Military Rate $575.00

None showed resident rate which apparently means there are none for the selected cruises.

Can you please clarify exactly what you did to get the result showing the list of 3 different rates? I'm not seeing anything like that when I try, so evidently I'm not doing the same thing you did.

When I did a mock booking for the March 26, '16 Oasis cruise, I kept getting a larger discount than the half-off. I couldn't figure it out. When I called RCL's Vacation Planner, I was told that it was a state of NJ resident discount. Great surprise as I thought there was a bug in their website.

Ps. Any mock booking I usually automatically enter state residency.

Mindyjohn or others,

I have been trying to put in the example you posted above for the May 10th

Cruise and all I can get is their areno cabins available in all categories.

What am I doing wrong?

Here's one labor-intensive way I've found to search for resident, senior or military discounts. Right now, from the home page, "Show results" delivers 821 cruises. When you check the box for military and/or senior discounts on the left hand side, nothing changes. However, when you start specifying search limits such as looking at all 5-9 day cruises for July 2015, you will see that some of the results delivered will include the notation "DEALS INCLUDED Military Rate".

From my point of view they hurt themselves by making the discounts difficult to find. Right now most people who find them are already looking at a specific cruise, meaning they're already interested. So sure, the discount gives them extra incentive to book, but many people are already on their way to booking, so RCCL ends up diluting revenue they would have gotten anyway. When it's easier to find lists of discounted cruises, they create many new bookers who might not even have considered a certain cruise except for noticing the discounted rates.

Here's one labor-intensive way I've found to search for resident, senior or military discounts. Right now, from the home page, "Show results" delivers 821 cruises. When you check the box for military and/or senior discounts on the left hand side, nothing changes. However, when you start specifying search limits such as looking at all 5-9 day cruises for July 2015, you will see that some of the results delivered will include the notation "DEALS INCLUDED Military Rate".

From my point of view they hurt themselves by making the discounts difficult to find. Right now most people who find them are already looking at a specific cruise, meaning they're already interested. So sure, the discount gives them extra incentive to book, but many people are already on their way to booking, so RCCL ends up diluting revenue they would have gotten anyway. When it's easier to find lists of discounted cruises, they create many new bookers who might not even have considered a certain cruise except for noticing the discounted rates.

Thanks, I will try it. I am one of those people who can drive to several ports and have no travel restrictions as far as time. I booked 6 (GS and above) last year.

I am a pretty savvy traveler and don't fall for false advertising or sales to book. I only book when I see a good deal which includes resident rates, so right now, I basically am not booking anything and am looking at other vacation options. So I guess it is RCCL's loss.

Edited by irishgal432