becoming Pinnacle ?

My letter was addressed to my husband(on the envelope).......of course,RCCL always addresses him first with any correspondence:rolleyes: Is this the 50s??????:eek:

We also received a letter, addressed to my wife. No mention of me, so I guess she will go, and hopefully she will invite me!:D

I thought the letter was a bit vague, especially the statement "You can choose and ship and sailing date, with some exceptions, within twelve months of your milestone recognition."

What are the exceptions??

Rick

My letter was addressed to my husband(on the envelope).......of course,RCCL always addresses him first with any correspondence:rolleyes: Is this the 50s??????:eek:

Could it be that his Crown and Anchor number is before yours? I know that when we were given our numbers DH is before mine, and not sequentially before mine, either.

We also received a letter, addressed to my wife. No mention of me, so I guess she will go, and hopefully she will invite me!:D

I thought the letter was a bit vague, especially the statement "You can choose and ship and sailing date, with some exceptions, within twelve months of your milestone recognition."

Rick

Now Rick, you know that would be too much information for us to handle.:rolleyes:

Could it be that his Crown and Anchor number is before yours? I know that when we were given our numbers DH is before mine, and not sequentially before mine, either.

Yes,it is..by 3 digits...but I cruise way more than.he does...

Of the month?:p

I also got a letter regarding the use of the credit, but DH did not, nor was he mentioned on my letter. I guess I'll let him come along....

Giving them some room with it just a month.:D

No letter, no PC stuff with pins......into 8 weeks next week since the end our 700 point cruise.

Interesting it is a year to cruise it but 6 months to book it, that is changed as far as I know. We were told book it and use it in 6months before we left on our PC to be cruise.

The exceptions are probably holidays, school breaks, new ships, new itineraries.......etc etc. At the moment their ships are moving all over the place. I can't keep track!!

Have a great day. Sun is out and Spring is here!!:)

Rick

There's a link referenced in the letter with FAQs about the milestone cruise benefit. It's: RoyalCaribbean.com/PinnacleClubMilestoneRecognition

Q: To which sailings may milestone certificates be applied? s.gif A: Certificates are valid for all sailings and ships - except holiday cruises or ships that have been in service less than 365 days --- with a specific stateroom category and up to a specific amount as published on the certificate depending on your milestone.

There are a total of nine questions with answers. Hope this helps.

Steve

Edited by Sea3PO

Giving them some room with it just a month.:D

No letter, no PC stuff with pins......into 8 weeks next week since the end our 700 point cruise.

Interesting it is a year to cruise it but 6 months to book it, that is changed as far as I know. We were told book it and use it in 6months before we left on our PC to be cruise.

The exceptions are probably holidays, school breaks, new ships, new itineraries.......etc etc. At the moment their ships are moving all over the place. I can't keep track!!

Have a great day. Sun is out and Spring is here!!:)

I would say it is time for a phone call to C&A. Good luck. :)

Sun is out here, as well -- we are expecting highs in the 80's here -- well, we are in Newport Beach at the moment, so it will be a little cooler, but a gorgeous day in the making.

Edited by travelgoddess1

There's a link referenced in the letter with FAQs about the milestone cruise benefit. It's: RoyalCaribbean.com/PinnacleClubMilestoneRecognition

Q: To which sailings may milestone certificates be applied? s.gif A: Certificates are valid for all sailings and ships - except holiday cruises or ships that have been in service less than 365 days --- with a specific stateroom category and up to a specific amount as published on the certificate depending on your milestone.

There are a total of nine questions with answers. Hope this helps.

Steve

Thanks Steve. I doubt if we will hit our next milestone this year, but by the first of next we will be there. By then, who knows what will have changed.

Our first was on the Mariner, when she was on the West Coast, second on the Vision, and although we have less than 100 points to get to 1400, we have a few Princess cruises booked, and since they are on the West Coast, and we are close, we are also supporting them. Hence the wait!!:D;)

Rick

Edited by rubrrick

Well, apparently, I have several hundred of cruise points to earn before I can join my friends in this awesome world.... just sayin

jc

jc.......you are a part of us.........not matter what your point standing is.

Hopefully, before I get to be too danm old.....and have a problem with my spelling.......we will cruise together again.:D

Rick

Edited to read: You are running around in your private jet, while we commoners are still flying in something less than you. Your world is awesome.........it's just that some of us are retiring, and know that the world, as we know it, will never be the same.

Rick

Edited by rubrrick

Hi everyone,

Our points posted today in the system - so now we're REALLY official Pinnacles! I was finally able to request the old-fashioned sticky luggage tags for our upcoming Hawaii cruise. I have to admit - this was one of the things I was looking forward to most. Those silly paper tags drove me nuts.

I noticed that all of our gift and upgrade preferences reset to blank, so had to go fill those out again. Not sure why they would reset them, but it's something to be aware of. Everything else in the Profile section remained intact.

Jan @ WriteSounds in snowy, cold Denver

Thanks, reset our preferences too. I guess it refreshes?? Had it happen before for no reason, so always checking again before we cruise.

7 weeks are gone, so into the 8th week next week waiting for our 'PC' stuff......nothing so far.

The D+ agent said 6-8 weeks is the answer now for when they will arrive.

Congrats Jen.......from sunny and warmer Vancouver

Edited by CVU

Hi everyone,

Our points posted today in the system - so now we're REALLY official Pinnacles! I was finally able to request the old-fashioned sticky luggage tags for our upcoming Hawaii cruise. I have to admit - this was one of the things I was looking forward to most. Those silly paper tags drove me nuts.

I noticed that all of our gift and upgrade preferences reset to blank, so had to go fill those out again. Not sure why they would reset them, but it's something to be aware of. Everything else in the Profile section remained intact.

Jan @ WriteSounds in snowy, cold Denver

Thanks, reset our preferences too. I guess it refreshes?? Had it happen before for no reason, so always checking again before we cruise.

7 weeks are gone, so into the 8th week next week waiting for our 'PC' stuff......nothing so far.

The D+ agent said 6-8 weeks is the answer now for when they will arrive.

Congrats Jen.......from sunny and warmer Vancouver

It's great to finally see it, in writing, on the website! I have a cruise coming up next week so I also went to check my gift preferences. They were also blank and wouldn't let me update. I called C&A because I didn't want it to go to a default choice, especially since I really wanted the 3 wines I had selected for the TA. The rep I spoke with assured me that my choices were in the system. I hope that's correct.

It's great to finally see it, in writing, on the website! I have a cruise coming up next week so I also went to check my gift preferences. They were also blank and wouldn't let me update. I called C&A because I didn't want it to go to a default choice, especially since I really wanted the 3 wines I had selected for the TA. The rep I spoke with assured me that my choices were in the system. I hope that's correct.

Hopefully the agent is correct. If not, the Loyalty Ambassador or Concierge can fix it. Enjoy your TA. :)

• 3 weeks later...

We thought the FedEx guy was going to beat the door down this morning at 8 am. He was forgiven when I realized he was delivering our stratum! Five weeks time. The letter we were given on board our recognition cruise said 3-4 weeks and I didn't believe it. But 5 weeks is good compared to the wait that a lot of people had.

Now we're hoping our pins arrive by Wed when we leave for our next cruise. Stay tuned...

Jan @ WriteSounds in Denver

We turned Pinnacle on the Feb 14 cruise.

Finally had to contact C&A @ 10 weeks and they FedEx the Pins the next week and then the Stratum came on Thursday!!

11 1/2 weeks to get the last package. 11 weeks for the Pins.........

I was told by the RCL agent, they were running behind and to expect 6-8 weeks when I called.....took a lot longer and I think if I had not contacted C&A I would still be waiting??

Canada is not that far away.........the Stratum had to Clear Customs but we didn't get the Pins until 10 weeks.:rolleyes:

We turned Pinnacle on the Feb 14 cruise.

Finally had to contact C&A @ 10 weeks and they FedEx the Pins the next week and then the Stratum came on Thursday!!

11 1/2 weeks to get the last package. 11 weeks for the Pins.........

I was told by the RCL agent, they were running behind and to expect 6-8 weeks when I called.....took a lot longer and I think if I had not contacted C&A I would still be waiting??

Canada is not that far away.........the Stratum had to Clear Customs but we didn't get the Pins until 10 weeks.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the update -- I'm glad you kept "reminding" C&A about your award and pins. :)

About how long after you have become Pinnacle do you receive your $1200 certificate for a cruise, please? I understand that you must use this within 6 months of receiving it, right?

We turned Pinnacle on the Apr 4 sailing on Vision. Our stratum arrived on May 9. The certificate was in the box with it and was dated May 4, expiring on Nov 4. It says "must be redeemed by Nov 4". I think that means you must apply it to a cruise by that date, but not necessarily sail by then. I haven't decided yet what to apply ours to and haven't called them, so I might be mistaken (or they might change the rules by then... lol).

Our pins and the rest of the loot didn't arrive before we left on the 13th for our current cruise. We asked to have them delivered to the ship, but they didn't make it here either. Not sure when we'll ever see them.

Jan @ WriteSounds from Legend of the Seas

We turned Pinnacle on the Apr 4 sailing on Vision. Our stratum arrived on May 9. The certificate was in the box with it and was dated May 4, expiring on Nov 4. It says "must be redeemed by Nov 4". I think that means you must apply it to a cruise by that date, but not necessarily sail by then. I haven't decided yet what to apply ours to and haven't called them, so I might be mistaken (or they might change the rules by then... lol).

Our pins and the rest of the loot didn't arrive before we left on the 13th for our current cruise. We asked to have them delivered to the ship, but they didn't make it here either. Not sure when we'll ever see them.

Our Stratum of course came sooooo late and with our medical problems right now, Resolutions will have to go by the Dr. letter- that we can't use it toward anything-- until we know when we can cruise again.

I wonder if the date we received it is when it starts.......11 weeks taken off the allotted Pinnacle time is what we face.:rolleyes:

I don't think you should start the date until you receive the actual letter. Seems unkind to give you a time limit after 700 points anyway. Maybe a year but less is pushing it in my opinion......plus, it should be a FCC, which is easier to use. JMHO:)

The certificate that you received has the most current Terms & Conditions. When you are ready to use it, call the D+ desk 1-800-526-9723 (Press "9" anytime during greeting), explain the reason for your call and you will be connected to the Pinnacle Reps in the Resolutions Department.

You can choose any ship and sailing date, with some exceptions, within twelve months of your milestone recognition. Selection must be made within a six month period after reaching the milestone.

We celebrated a milestone cruise on our March 29th cruise and we were told it would take 6-8 weeks for our stratum to arrive. We applied our complimentary cruise to an existing booking before we left for our cruise.

All items that you receive when turning Pinnacle are now delivered directly to your home. The Stratum comes from one place and your pins, passport holders and luggage tags come from another location.

Congratulations on your achievement.:)

Our pins, passport holders, and luggage tags magically appeared this morning and were presented to us by the Loyalty Ambassador. Apparently, our box went to the shops on board and finally someone realized they didn't belong there. Yay! I think we're all official now. Thanks for all the great advice, everyone!

Our pins, passport holders, and luggage tags magically appeared this morning and were presented to us by the Loyalty Ambassador. Apparently, our box went to the shops on board and finally someone realized they didn't belong there. Yay! I think we're all official now. Thanks for all the great advice, everyone!

Very Nice! Congratulations.....:)

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise