Need Water Shoes in Mexico?

flourpot

I am going to the Mexican Riviera on the Ruby next week and was wondering what the beaches are like. Does anyone know if you need water shoes in Cabo and Mazatlan when at the beach/in the water? I know at Princess Cays that water shoes are needed in the water because of the rocks.

Thanks!

Bonnie

I am 'religious' about taking water shoes on almost every beach vacation I go on. Having done the Mexican Riviera cruise many times, I have found all of the beaches I've gone to are rock-free. If you're the type to wander off the beaten path, you may want to bring them along, but in general I'd say no.

I am going to the Mexican Riviera on the Ruby next week and was wondering what the beaches are like. Does anyone know if you need water shoes in Cabo and Mazatlan when at the beach/in the water? I know at Princess Cays that water shoes are needed in the water because of the rocks.

Thanks!

Bonnie

Always take/wear your water shoes with you when traveling!:rolleyes:

I agree that you should always wear water shoes. You never know what will be imbedded in the sand. I stepped on somethng sharp once in the water on a very sandy beach and suffered an infection and foot pain for months. I had a pretty big medical bill once I got home.

I have never had watershoes on the mexican riviera. Most beaches are sand, sometimes with a few stones. No coral on the beaches around this site in the pacific.

I've just always worn sandals. If not needed on the beach, they are easy to carry, if they get wet, no problem. Once off the beach, they are handy.

Being a guy, I actually only bring one pair of shoes for the trip, and they are my sandals.