Royal BoGo Deal

You just opened up a can of worms!

Personally, the BOGO was great incentive when initially released a year ago. This "SALE" has been going on for the past year, non-stop, with different variables. Most frequent cruisers on Royal that follow Cruise Critic wish they would stop the gimmick- smoke and mirrors, and return to true pricing, not inflated prices.

The BOGO promotion is just a marketing gimmick. It's sort of like furniture stores that advertise 50% off - the discount is off of a full price that basically no one ever pays.

That's not to say that you might not get a good deal, but the pricing will be based more on the demand for a particular cruise. Just look at the overall cost, and don't get caught up in the marketing.

Royal Caribbean is a decent cruise line and you'd probably have a fine cruise. But like the others have said, pay no attention to whether the price is a "sale". Just go by the total cost and ignore the hype.

And check other cruise lines too - Royal isn't the only decent choice. A lot depends on when and where you want to go.

I'm planning my first cruise in 2016 and considering the Royal Caribbean BoGo deal. Just wanted to check with the Vets to see if this is the best option. Also please feel free to give any other tips.

bogo50-caribbean?icid=wvq1_2_tctclp_bgw_hm_cntntr_4629&cabinClassType=OUTSIDE

For the first couple of days in May last year it was an awesome deal. Big savings on new and existing cruises. Then the prices flew sky high and never came down. It's been that way for nearly a year and people are still falling for it.

Let me give you an example as in my case: In November, I booked Oasis cruise for March 26, '16 for 3 cabins (family vacation). Before this latest new promo, the 3rd & 4th were $649 per for a Central Park (C1) balcony cabin. This latest with the 3rd & 4th at half-price, the starting point is $1,299 per. No sale at all. Did better when I originally booked as there was a state of New Jersey discount which was better that the original advertised promo.

Since announcing the new promo the rates in my case for the 1st & 2nd have increased by $30 per. Also, no C1 categories are available.

I hear what all these seasoned RC passengers are saying but have to add my two cents. I had a D1 cabin on deck 8 booked on the Oasis for a cruise last year (September 2013) and we had to cancel it. In January, I rebooked the same room for an April 2016 cruise for a savings of more than $400 per person. So, I am very happy with the BOGO.

I'm planning my first cruise in 2016 and considering the Royal Caribbean BoGo deal. Just wanted to check with the Vets to see if this is the best option. Also please feel free to give any other tips.

bogo50-caribbean?icid=wvq1_2_tctclp_bgw_hm_cntntr_4629&cabinClassType=OUTSIDE

I had been pricing a certain cruise before the BOGO hoax started and it came out to 850 per person. I hadn't booked the trip yet and they emailed me about the first ever BOGO "sale". I went right into the website to book a great deal and to save some money, but after they marked up the price to give me my discount it came out to 850 per person with the sale price. It made me upset enough that I emailed the executive offices about the hoax they were trying to pull off. The only thing that complaining got me was taken off the RCCL email list. My spouse still receives the promotion emails as we are both crown and anchor members, but they took my name off the list. So it seems like the customer service on ship is one thing and the customer service at the executive offices is something different.

Last year I spent considerable time pricing out cruises - Apples to Apples , so to speak, for my own sanity. I only compared Celebrity with Celebrity and RCI with RCI on different booking sites including their own. What I discovered is that the prices come in virtually the same when all was said and done. No more than $50 to $100 difference over all. :confused: Some would offer free gratuities while others gave you $150 OBC. For example - Costco Travel booking offered $50 OBC while Cruise.com offered an additional $20 per person off the price for the exact same cruise. They all seem to be highly competitive. I have heard of ppl getting very lucky and booking a cruise at the last minute and getting a truly good deal . . . I won't be able to access those kinds of deals until I am retired :(. Until then, I am sure that I will do my homework for each and every cruise and try to find the best deal within reason. I just want to cruise!:D

True, do not pay attention to the BOGO. Go with total pricing. Book on line with RCCL. Try rebooking another cabin just for fun (without really booking) if you see the price is less then call RCCL and they will adjust the price. Of course you can do this as many time before the final payment date.

Not sure of your schedule but the last week of April and the first fews weeks of May the prices seem to be higher, I guess no spring break and the kids are not out of school yet. No rain and the waters are great. We really enjoy it.