Valor - or - Conquest ???

griz400

We are looking at 2 different cruises from Port Canaveral ..

1) 7 day on Valor ... Nassau , St Thomas , San Juan PR. , Grand Turk . Sep 12, 2015 ...

2) 8 day on Conquest .. St. Maarten, Antigua , St Thomas, Nassau .. Sep 5 , 2015 ...

Please tell us the good and bads ( and the ugly ) .. lol :)

Valor hasn't had the 2.0 yet ???

I absolutely love San Juan, St. T and GT. 1 point for the Valor.

Valor has Mongolian Wok- Another 1 point

Conquest has no Serenity Deck minus 1 point

Conquest has play list productions minus 1 point.

I would go with Valor, hands down.

St. Maarten and St. Thomas look just alike. Sept 5 will have more kids I would assume because some states kids go back to school after Labor Day, Sept 12 all kids are back to school. Valor has mongolian and fish and chips and Burrito Bar An extra day is always better too...honestly this is difficult! You don't need the 2.0, ok extra bars lets face it you can get those drinks at any bar, and Guys Burgers I don't think you eat many of those if at all, they full of fat and grease, really clog your arteries up. The Valor has the serenity.

What is the price difference?

We are looking at 2 different cruises from Port Canaveral ..

1) 7 day on Valor ... Nassau , St Thomas , San Juan PR. , Grand Turk . Sep 12, 2015 ...

2) 8 day on Conquest .. St. Maarten, Antigua , St Thomas, Nassau .. Sep 5 , 2015 ...

Please tell us the good and bads ( and the ugly ) .. lol :)

Valor hasn't had the 2.0 yet ???

Just so you know.....the Valor sails from Pt Canaveral, but the Conquest sails from Ft Lauderdale. (not trying to be a smart a$$ - but your original post said both from Pt Canaveral).

I would choose the 8 day on the Conquest just because its 8 days

We been looking at alot of cruises, the Ft Lauderdale was one, I made a mistake ...the September 19th on the Sunshine , 8 day to St Maarten , St Kitts, San Juan and Grand Turk out of Port Canaveral was the other one ...:)

Thanks for catching that ..

We have never sailed Eastern Caribbean , we have some plans for Grand Turk and for St Thomas, but any suggestions for Nassau and San Juan ??? :)

Also Scrappinbec ... before we actually pull the trigger on this cruise, I would like to check out your group rate as well ...

We have never sailed Eastern Caribbean , we have some plans for Grand Turk and for St Thomas, but any suggestions for Nassau and San Juan ??? :)

For Nassau you could look into going to Paradise Island and Atlantis. Very easy to get to. Cabs with standard fares are right outside the cruise terminal. If you are looking for something cheaper there is a free beach a few blocks away.

For San Juan you could do a walking tour and explore the city on your own. It's very rich in history. One of my favorite ports :)

My vote is for the Conquest. It's 8 days instead of 7 and it has the new 2.0 upgrades. I've been on the Valor twice and it's nice but to try something different, I'd go with the Conquest. The biggest plus is the itinerary and an extra day!