Harmony Of The Seas TA

Please HELP !!! I am seriously considering taking Harmony from Barcelona for its TA and bring her home to FT.Lauderdale. We have never done a TA and would love some input ( negative and positive ) sailing back in early Fall, weather and sea conditions... We do understand that weather varies greatly but an average would be great !!!

I have done some out of the UK to Florida, so a slightly different route. These left late October to early November. The first few days were not that great; cool weather, some rain, wind and choppy seas - worst we had was 30ft waves but I never felt unsafe and it never really concerned me too much. The ship was a lot quieter, guess not many people were out and about!

After reaching The Azores, the weather improved and got so much better as each day passed - the seas were calmer and it just got warmer and warmer.

On the last crossing I did I met the Captain who said that the more northern routes tend to be rougher and that the further south you go, the calmer it can be - so leaving out of Barcelona should be better. We had been trying to avoid a storm system and had to alter our route a few times, if we hadn't it would have been much worse apparently.

But then again, until you are there, who can really tell!

i have done some out of the uk to florida, so a slightly different route. These left late october to early november. The first few days were not that great; cool weather, some rain, wind and choppy seas - worst we had was 30ft waves but i never felt unsafe and it never really concerned me too much. The ship was a lot quieter, guess not many people were out and about!

After reaching the azores, the weather improved and got so much better as each day passed - the seas were calmer and it just got warmer and warmer.

On the last crossing i did i met the captain who said that the more northern routes tend to be rougher and that the further south you go, the calmer it can be - so leaving out of barcelona should be better. We had been trying to avoid a storm system and had to alter our route a few times, if we hadn't it would have been much worse apparently.

But then again, until you are there, who can really tell!

thanks !!

Harmony will be our 16th Transatlantic.

As the sailing is from Barcelona, the first few days may be cool (in the 60's/70's) and there is always a chance of rain. When we have sailed the southern route, the weather has always been good to us.

We personally love the sea days, we did the Oasis crossing in September last year and found plenty to do.

Have a look at the roll call for the crossing - very active.

Pete.

Also booked on the HOTS TA. No negatives--unless it is the 25 hour days. By about the 3rd time change, we are waking up at 4 AM ready to go:p. Unfortunately, there is no where to go at that time of the morning!:eek:

We can always meet up for coffee at that time of the morning :D

Yeah, have coffee with us, as we are about to go to bed at that time , love the longer days :D

Also booked on the HOTS TA. No negatives--unless it is the 25 hour days. By about the 3rd time change, we are waking up at 4 AM ready to go:p. Unfortunately, there is no where to go at that time of the morning!:eek:

13 days is a long time...

what type of cabin do you all prefer and why? I am leaning towards being lower and more mid ship due to potential of the ocean to be rougher.. usually i like an outside balcony but if i travel solo i am kind of thinking about a balcony on the boardwalk where i can see the ocean and people at the same time.

Any thoughts from those with experience?

Harmony will be our 16th Transatlantic.

As the sailing is from Barcelona, the first few days may be cool (in the 60's/70's) and there is always a chance of rain. When we have sailed the southern route, the weather has always been good to us.

We personally love the sea days, we did the Oasis crossing in September last year and found plenty to do.

Have a look at the roll call for the crossing - very active.

Pete.

BOOKED!!! So excited even with 582 days to go ~ I will be traveling solo (well, at least so far :-)) and it will be my first solo experience.

Tried looking for the Roll Call and don't see it listed yet... am i missing something?

BOOKED!!! So excited even with 582 days to go ~ I will be traveling solo (well, at least so far :-)) and it will be my first solo experience.

Tried looking for the Roll Call and don't see it listed yet... am i missing something?

Try here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=46004621#post46004621