Richard Fain comments today about pricing

I disagree. It is a thread about if he lied when making "the STATEMENT".

So all of the factors that dictate price fluctuations or interpretations of the "STATEMENT" or other data may well be relevant.

A claim of "if he lied" implies you expected him to lie. Some people obviously don't believe he lied. This thread is about the statement. If you believe he lied, then provide your support. Explaining why prices go up or down does not support a claim that the statement is not factually correct.

You either provide your support showing that prices did go up, or your support showing that prices did not go up. How or why prices change is irrelevant.

Prices are to a very large extent dictated by supply and demand. However, such knowledge does not prove prices when up or down or stayed the same.

Showing that a cruise in 2010 cost 5% more in 2012 would support a claim that prices went up. Showing that the same cruise in 2012 cost the same as it did in 2010 would support a claim that prices did not go up.

You could show that demand increased while supply decreased, but that would not prove that prices increased. Other factors also affect prices. If during the time demand increased while supply decreased yet the same cruise cost 5% less would support a claim that prices did not increase, even though the factors that normally cause prices to increase existed.

The how or why prices do or don't rise is irrelevant. The only issue is did prices remain flat or did prices increase.

RCI%20pricing_zpsxfkc1hox.jpg

It is up to the reader to first believe this is an accurate depiction of RCI pricing over the last 5 years (taken from a price drop site) and second what it represents in terms of what CEO Fain said.

We have a saying at work, "In God we Trust, otherwise Bring Data" :-)

This definitely looks flat to me. Granted, they are offering more option to pay like specialty dining and increasing the drink prices to get extra revenue....

But then, if as a cruiser is happy with the MDR and do not drink much, yes I would say the prices are pretty much flat.

Edited by angelhelly

POOF you're an excuse!:D

Point is loyalty shouldn't hide lies, and RCL mgmt. is doing the 'trust me' routine, even though the truth is there for everyone to see!

Prices have gone up, (cruise price, drink prices, specialty restaurants, excursions, gratuities) and benefits have been reduced!

I still don't see the issue. A company closing loopholes in their booking processes isn't underhanded or evil.

It stinks if you were using it to get cheaper stuff, but it's better business sense and ultimately it makes it better for all of your customers.

If people find the pricing to not be what they are looking for, you would hope they would be smart enough to find a product somewhere else that meets their spending needs/wants. That's supposed to be how it works. I've never taken a cruise that I couldn't afford and won't. If or when Royal no longer meets my needs, I will sail someone else or find another vacation.

Can't be mentioned here. Google cruise price drops.

Just in case it was not obvious on the chart - those prices are base prices per day per person for that cabin category across the entire RCI brand.

If I were to call out CEO Fain on lying about price increase I might be tempted to do so with the Celebrity brand - that chart does show a significant increase in the past 9 months.

Edited by Biker19