Enough time for Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark if its the Half Day tour

Anet01

Is the half day tour which is 5 hours (including 30 minutes travel each way), which means 4 hours at the park, worth it the first part of June? Looking for feedback to make or decision. Wondering about crowds and if this is enough time there. Its an expensive excursion so don't want to waste the money if it wont be worth it. Thanks!

I don't think it's enough time. We did the full day package along with the dolphin swim and could have used more time...

Where the bus dropped us off/picked us up was quite a walk from the "water park" area. So you'll need time to get there and back.

Then if you need/want a locker the line got progressively longer as the day went on.

Beginning of June may very well be quite crowded and lines will be long. We were there first week of May and as the day went on it got more and more busy.

I think the full day package was worth it to say I've been there once, not sure I'd spend the money to go back again.

We did this excursion this past summer on Gem. The excursion left plenty of time for us at the water park. The bus ride there was only 15 minutes. We got there when the park opened, and had literally no lines on anything. There was a shuttle bus back from Atlantis every 15 minutes to the pier. Just beware - food lines were longer than the slide lines for us!!

We did this excursion this past summer on Gem. The excursion left plenty of time for us at the water park. The bus ride there was only 15 minutes. We got there when the park opened, and had literally no lines on anything. There was a shuttle bus back from Atlantis every 15 minutes to the pier. Just beware - food lines were longer than the slide lines for us!!

We wouldn't be there first thing, that's my concern. We don't arrive till noon and the excursion doesn't depart till 12:30 for the waterpark, so the soonest we would arrive would be around 1pm. Ship departs again at 6, so the excursion would probably leave the waterpark by 4:30 or 5; I am guessing. Considering that, would you still think it is plenty of time?

I don't think it's enough time. We did the full day package along with the dolphin swim and could have used more time...

Where the bus dropped us off/picked us up was quite a walk from the "water park" area. So you'll need time to get there and back.

Then if you need/want a locker the line got progressively longer as the day went on.

Beginning of June may very well be quite crowded and lines will be long. We were there first week of May and as the day went on it got more and more busy.

I think the full day package was worth it to say I've been there once, not sure I'd spend the money to go back again.

Thanks! I didn't even think about the walk time, or the locker lines. There will most certainly be more lines since we are now arriving in to port later. We were scheduled to arrive at 10, now its noon, and the excursion doesn't even depart for the waterpark until 12:30.

Thanks for the feedback! I just love cc, it helps so much with planning and considering things I had not yet thought of! Thanks for taking the time to reply!

I'd say it's not worth it. We've done it twice, but full day. If you get there past 10:30, there will not be an empty lounge chair, and the lines will be long. We had a full day both times, got there by 9, got situated and figured out the layout, and were in line for the slides at 10. Around 1 or so, when it was packed, we headed to the beach, and then to the digs.

Look into booking it ON YOUR OWN...that way, you can leave the ship as soon as allowed, and catch a cab to Atlantis. Check prices directly thru Atlantis or it's sister hotel, Comfort Suites. You do NOT need an excursion to do this...

Look into booking it ON YOUR OWN...that way, you can leave the ship as soon as allowed, and catch a cab to Atlantis. Check prices directly thru Atlantis or it's sister hotel, Comfort Suites. You do NOT need an excursion to do this...

+1

I don't usually recommend going rogue on adventures in foreign countries, but Atlantis is one of the only exceptions.

To me it was better to do on my own: cheaper, more time there, beat the crowds to get lockers, loungers etc...

I will be there end of April, (on Gem) saved over $120.00 by booking a room at Comfort Suites which included 3 day passes for Atlantis Water Park. That's including all the taxes, (hotel has their own + other charges) and transportation. Cancellation fee is $20.00 within 24 hrs prior to check-in.

Majestic Tours is another to check out. You won't see the waterpark on their site I don't believe they can advertise it, but, if you email them they will answer you. Their prices were also better and they are located inside Atlantis.

From what I understand ride to Atlantis is approx $4.00 pp each way and there are plenty of cabs right as you get off ship.

If you look up Atlantis under Excursions here on CC it gives you tons of information - Good Luck

• 1 month later...

This is our first cruise, high school graduation trip for our daughter. :)

Our neighbor talked us into a cruise over Hawaii - said our daughter would meet folks her own age....after reading the post it looks like she will.

Is it too late to join in on the Meet and Greet? Need the details, there are a lot of post to read to catchup.

12 days and counting!