No jeans @ all in Cagneys or LeBistro even w/ ...

pitter829

I am sort of confused. This thread starts out stating a policy of no jeans but the OP did not post a link to that policy.

Me too! With all the other recent NCL changes and add ons, my first thought was "Oh No, now they are tinkering with the dress code to make it more upscale." Many are already on edge over the 18% auto grat in specialties, this is like shouting "Fire" in a crowded building.;). Whew! False alarm!

I would fight this on principle.

Why one gender should be allowed to do something the others can't, is unacceptable.

I think it was a joke. I've heard many men joke about the "beauty" of each others feet.\(I've been the girl playing ball with the guys for about 40yrs and have heard a lot of things in my day :rolleyes:). I think the poster was suggesting that in many cases men's feet should remain covered. Obviously, with all the beach and pool time available on cruises that doesn't apply and of course sandals can work for men at Cagney's/LeBistro just as they'd work for women.

I'll apologize for the poster if offense was taken to the post. I don't think it was intended, but sometime the impact of things said don't match the intent.

I think it was a joke. I've heard many men joke about the "beauty" of each others feet.\(I've been the girl playing ball with the guys for about 40yrs and have heard a lot of things in my day :rolleyes:). I think the poster was suggesting that in many cases men's feet should remain covered. Obviously, with all the beach and pool time available on cruises that doesn't apply and of course sandals can work for men at Cagney's/LeBistro just as they'd work for women.

I'll apologize for the poster if offense was taken to the post. I don't think it was intended, but sometime the impact of things said don't match the intent.

If it were a joke, I wouldn't mind so much. Unfortunately it's the rule on NCL. Fortunately it's never mattered to me, because I tend to long pants & shoes in the evening for warmth.

If however I was confronted with this, I would voice an objection because I find it unwarranted differentiation.

:)

After a mishap on another cruiseline I purchased dress type crocs for myself and they have always worked. Finally bought men's casual crocs for my husband too. He used them on our last 2 cruises without any problems. They weigh almost nothing and flatten to take up way less space. He has big wide feet so the dress shoes he always had to bring were a nuisance. The crocs were a great solution. His are all black and are mostly hidden under his dress pants anyway. Ours are crocs brand but I'm sure there are a lot of similar shoes/brands out there. For dinner clothes - he brings dressier dockers and golf shirts.