What is the maximum speed you have been on any RCCL ship?

We sailed Serenade's southern Caribbean route out of San Juan back when they were doing refueling stops every third week in St. Croix after the ship would leave St. Thomas. As I remember it the ship was moving at about 23-24kts. to get over to St. Croix, refuel, and then keep to its itinerary times.

I am just curious to see what is the maximum speed you have been on any RCCL ship?

Is it 23 knots...? 24 knots.

:D

If you would include the Celebrity Constellation as an "RCCL" ship, I was on her when she detoured to rescue some sailors from a small boat that ran out of fuel...after sending the rescue boat to bring them a supply of fuel to get them to the nearest port in the Bahama's, we continued on our way at around 26 knots and reached our next port of call on schedule.

Those gas turbines had power to spare...;)

If you would include the Celebrity Constellation as an "RCCL" ship, I was on her when she detoured to rescue some sailors from a small boat that ran out of fuel...after sending the rescue boat to bring them a supply of fuel to get them to the nearest port in the Bahama's, we continued on our way at around 26 knots and reached our next port of call on schedule.

Those gas turbines had power to spare...;)

26 knots is basically 30mph which is an impressive speed.

26 knots is basically 30mph which is an impressive speed.

It is that! The only problem, and the reason cruise itineraries don't use that speed capability, except in emergencies, is the tremendous fuel consumption at that speed....