Where will QV dock in New York on 25 April?

fantasy51

I am considering the last leg of QV's world voyage. I'm currently looking at hotels. I wondered where QV docks in New York. The Manhattan cruise terminal looks very close to the hotels I am considering.

One of the reasons for wondering is trying to make up my mind about choosing my own hotel (and therefore arranging own transfers) or going with a Cunard package where transfers are arranged. If I choose my own, I could stay at the Waldorf Astoria instead of the Marriott for the same price.

The decision about going on the cruise has not yet been made but I am exploring all options before discussing it with a friend tomorrow.

I assume it's easy enough to get from the airport to a central hotel?

I am considering the last leg of QV's world voyage. I'm currently looking at hotels. I wondered where QV docks in New York. The Manhattan cruise terminal looks very close to the hotels I am considering.

One of the reasons for wondering is trying to make up my mind about choosing my own hotel (and therefore arranging own transfers) or going with a Cunard package where transfers are arranged. If I choose my own, I could stay at the Waldorf Astoria instead of the Marriott for the same price.

The decision about going on the cruise has not yet been made but I am exploring all options before discussing it with a friend tomorrow.

I assume it's easy enough to get from the airport to a central hotel?

4/25/2015 Manhattan Queen Victoria Fort Lauderdale to Southampton

Which airport are you flying into JFK , LGA or EWR?

Edited by taki183

We are thinking about this also and have seen that the QV is scheduled to dock in Manhattan. I think Pier 90 is the usual place?

She is scheduled to leave Fort Lauderdale on April 21, 2015 and arrive (and depart) from NYC on April 25, 2015 for Southampton.

My daughter has already checked out available hotel rooms for us close to Times Square.

We would be taking a taxi from the hotel to the pier.

We are thinking about this also and have seen that the QV is scheduled to dock in Manhattan. I think Pier 90 is the usual place?

She is scheduled to leave Fort Lauderdale on April 21, 2015 and arrive (and depart) from NYC on April 25, 2015 for Southampton.

My daughter has already checked out available hotel rooms for us close to Times Square.

We would be taking a taxi from the hotel to the pier.

If you don't mind sharing information, I'd be interested in knowing if your daughter found any good hotel deals. I can give you a dedicated email address if you like (i.e. one that I would not be using for anything else). It's mytinataylor@yahoo.co.uk. Don't go to too much trouble at this point because I may not make it. I'll be discussing it tomorrow with a friend.

If you don't mind sharing information, I'd be interested in knowing if your daughter found any good hotel deals. I can give you a dedicated email address if you like (i.e. one that I would not be using for anything else). It's mytinataylor@yahoo.co.uk. Don't go to too much trouble at this point because I may not make it. I'll be discussing it tomorrow with a friend.

I do not have a clue about the possible hotel(s) she is considering but I will forward your message to her.

I am so fortunate that she volunteers to do all this "stuff' LOL!

Thank you. We would be flying United, into Newark.

I'm not too familiar with EWR but i believe taxis have to charge double because they can't pick up fares in NY . I know there is a bus that goes near Grand Central terminal its a short cab ride to the waldorf from there

Hi,

The Queen Victoria is scheduled to dock at Pier 90 on April 25. I am booked on this transatlantic crossing (this the information that is provided on my boarding pass). The Manhattan pier is much more convenient than the Brooklyn pier. For what it's worth, I am flying into LGA and spending the night before the crossing at the Marriott Marquis (I made my own travel arrangements). It is a short taxi ride from this hotel to the pier. The Waldorf Astoria also is a good choice. I visit New York City frequently and have stayed at both of these hotels.

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9

Thank you to all of you. I really appreciate your help. This is Cruise Critic at its finest!

no doubt you have seen and know

http://gonyc.about.com/cs/airlinesairports/a/getto_ewr.htm

You are able to choose JFK if using Cunard air for a small supplement.

Presently Single occupancy with air are showing very reasonable prices for V509

For you info I believe The 3 Queens will all arrive back in convoy on 3rd May into Southampton.

Edited by Pennbank

Thank you Pennbank. That is fantastic information. I had wondered about airport shuttle buses and I've found one on your link.

I was in Southampton last year when the three Queens arrived together. Fantastic spectacle.

Thank you Pennbank. That is fantastic information. I had wondered about airport shuttle buses and I've found one on your link.

I was in Southampton last year when the three Queens arrived together. Fantastic spectacle.

Agree it is spectacular, I was on board QV returning from the North Cape when the 3 Queens came into Southampton for HM The Queens Diamond Jubilee on 5 June 2012. Wonder if they will do similar on 3 May or Just Follow each other in. ? We will have to wait and see.

[quote name=

Presently Single occupancy with air are showing very reasonable prices for V509

QUOTE]

Pray, tell me more, please!

My son is planning on going with us but the single supplement is giving him pause!

Cunard's FAQ page says:

"Queen Victoria has nine new single staterooms for cruise departures from 6 June 2015"

So it doesn't seem they will be available on this crossing.

Saver prices with air fare as follows:

Inside £599 (£249 no air fare)

Oceanview £699 (£349 no air fare)

Balcony £799 (£449 no air fare)

Cunard's FAQ page says:

"Queen Victoria has nine new single staterooms for cruise departures from 6 June 2015"

So it doesn't seem they will be available on this crossing.

Saver prices with air fare as follows:

Inside £599 (£249 no air fare)

Oceanview £699 (£349 no air fare)

Balcony £799 (£449 no air fare)

I will check but I fear those fantastic prices are only for Brits and nobody else?

Hi,

I live in midtown Manhattan;if you are flying into EWR it would make sense to organize a car; as has been noted NYC cabs charge much more to go out of the city to New Jersey AND New Jersey cabs at EWR will charge much more to go to the City, no assurance of a return trip. Try Dial7.com, they will confirm by e-mail and a car will meet your flight and take you to your hotel. There are EWR-Manhattan buses to one of several mid-town locations-depends on your hotel. From there you can catch taxi.

I'll see you all on board!:D

I will check but I fear those fantastic prices are only for Brits and nobody else?

USA Prices on Cunard.com showing $1797.58 inc Taxes (No Air) Solo Inside

so appears to be just for UK prices. (£848 inc taxes and Air Solo Inside)