Where to have lunch on a SUNDAY

Snit13

Are there any good restaurants open for lunch on Sunday's in St. John's? Every restaurant I saw recommended is closed on Sunday. Does everyone eat lunch on their ship?

Jacqui O's is the place in Antigua for a long lunch and cocktails on the beach with great views.

It is a World away from the Cruise Herds.

Booking is a must. Elegant shabby chic with great food, drinks and service.

https://www.facebook.com/JacquiOsBeachHouseAntigua

You'll never know who will also turn up! :D

Edited by PORT ROYAL

Jacqui O's is the place in Antigua for a long lunch and cocktails on the beach with great views.

Thanks for the info. I checked out their facebook page. It looks great.

Thanks for the info. I checked out their facebook page. It looks great.

It is, but the trouble is you and your partner will be thoroughly spoilt in a relaxed and discreet environment, where unsaid old school manners and etiquette are observed.

After JO one can not really consider going anywhere else when in Antigua.

Hope you have a wonderful day, and do not forget to book.:)

OJ's is right next to Jaqui O's, great red snapper and burgers. Many locals that we met on vacation told us that it's a faviorite of their's.

OJ's is right next to Jaqui O's, great red snapper and burgers. Many locals that we met on vacation told us that it's a faviorite of their's.

Probably the food may be as God as you say, but the place is a bit naff, tacky and in need of a well overdue refurbishment. :eek:

Best to knock it down and replace with a JO 2.:D

Edited by PORT ROYAL

Probably the food may be as God as you say, but the place is a bit naff, tacky and in need of a well overdue refurbishment. :eek:

Best to knock it down and replace with a JO 2.:D

Quite the opposite actually. We loved the view from the open aired upstairs part of the restaurant. Downstairs you can eat with your toes in the sand.

OJ's has a great reputation in Antigua. Sorry that this seems to bother you so much.

Quite the opposite actually. We loved the view from the open aired upstairs part of the restaurant. Downstairs you can eat with your toes in the sand.

OJ's has a great reputation in Antigua. Sorry that this seems to bother you so much.

No problem from my side, as each to their own likes and dislikes.

Have you spent a day at JO's taking lunch, drinks etc.?

Did you compare the speciality House Burgers, service, lunch menu, wines, cocktails ambience etc., in each establishment?

CC members may appreciate your actual comparison critique.

No problem from my side, as each to their own likes and dislikes.

Have you spent a day at JO's taking lunch, drinks etc.?

Did you compare the speciality House Burgers, service, lunch menu, wines, cocktails ambience etc., in each establishment?

CC members may appreciate your actual comparison critique.

No, but I didn't trash JO's. That is the difference between you and me. I commented on where I have eaten twice on vacations 8 years apart. By reading your posts it certainly does not come across as you truly feel each to their own likes and dislikes as you have just posted. If that is true though we have indeed found common ground.:D

No, but I didn't trash JO's. That is the difference between you and me. I commented on where I have eaten twice on vacations 8 years apart. By reading your posts it certainly does not come across as you truly feel each to their own likes and dislikes as you have just posted. If that is true though we have indeed found common ground.:D

Twice in 8 years? Wow! A regular.:rolleyes:

One may post a certain opinion, others may differ.

One may have certain standards, others may differ.

Hopefully, on your next visit to Crab Hill Beach, you will turn right to JO's to take Lunch with drinks, and not left.

Twice in 8 years? Wow! A regular.:rolleyes:

One may post a certain opinion, others may differ.

One may have certain standards, others may differ.

Hopefully, on your next visit to Crab Hill Beach, you will turn right to JO's to take Lunch with drinks, and not left.

No way is that bound to happen I just may end up with company that I would not want to associate with.;)

Edited by Karysa

• 1 month later...

Or for someone wanting to get out of town and take a nice island tour with Lawrence of Antigua or another guide we enjoy lunch at Bumpkins and Pigeon Beach near English Harbor. Great jerk chicken and burgers and a very nice view with no crowd.

http://www.antiguanice.com/v2/client.php?id=156

Edited by blue_water

• 2 months later...