UDP at Teppanyaki - 2 Entrees?

sixesandeights

Can you select two Entrees at Teppanyaki with the UDP? I can never choose between the chicken and steak meal and the lobster meal. Would I be able to ask for both? I would guess the answer is yes, and I have read the Terms for the UDP many times, but I have never seen this asked.

6&8

The last couple of times I've been in I asked for a mixture of lobster and steak and they gave it to me no problem. They then offered me prawns too. I'm sure they won't have a problem giving you extra :)

Did you get the full portions? I always seem to be hungry after eating here. The food is great, I just need more of it. :-)

6&8

I was stuffed after eating there. I had the lobster and shrimp (you can ask for substitutions on their menu) and they ended up giving me some chicken and steak as well. And there was a mountain of fried rice as well (remember to ask for the hot sauce to mix into the rice......delicious!!!!!).

There are usually "combo" entrees...steak and shrimp, steak and lobster, etc..... Each person gets enough food for a family of 4...if you leave hungry, it's your own fault!!!

Edited by cb at sea

There are usually "combo" entrees...steak and shrimp, steak and lobster, etc..... Each person gets enough food for a family of 4...if you leave hungry, it's your own fault!!!
The portions were generous but reasonable for one person on our last cruise. If the OP already knows how big the portions are, they should definitely order extra right from the start. It is probably possible to ask for more in the middle of the meal, but it's easier for them to fetch all the ingredients at the beginning, and cook everything at the same time. If it turns out to be too much, the chef usually offers extra pieces of this and that to everyone around the table until it's all gone.

The portions were generous but reasonable for one person on our last cruise. If the OP already knows how big the portions are, they should definitely order extra right from the start. It is probably possible to ask for more in the middle of the meal, but it's easier for them to fetch all the ingredients at the beginning, and cook everything at the same time. If it turns out to be too much, the chef usually offers extra pieces of this and that to everyone around the table until it's all gone.

After the 12 of us finished dinner, about a pound of chicken, and 5 pounds of rice was thrown away because everyone was so full. They offered but no one could eat anymore. I think as long is someone isn't an NFL lineman there will be plenty enough food without ordering more.

I think as long is someone isn't an NFL lineman there will be plenty enough food without ordering more.
I personally wouldn't order more — not least because they use the same seasoning for all the meats/seafood — but the OP has stated that they are always still hungry after eating here.

We love Udon noodles and we have always asked for that at the time we place the order (it's one of the vegetarian dishes - we like it better than the rice!) As it IS considered an entrée (regardless of it not having meat) we have never had any problem asking and getting it at no extra charge.

I hadn't actually thought about ordering extra meat... yum! (I agree the meat portions are rather skimpy and if you don't fill up on rice you probably DO leave hungry!)

After the 12 of us finished dinner, about a pound of chicken, and 5 pounds of rice was thrown away because everyone was so full. They offered but no one could eat anymore. I think as long is someone isn't an NFL lineman there will be plenty enough food without ordering more.
I agree. The Teppanyaki restaurant is probably my second favorite restaurant, but I go away too full (of course, I can't pass up eating it all). I usually get the filet and it is a huge piece of meat and even though I get steamed rice, they make so much of the fried rice, it has never been finished. It looks like all the proteins are in big amounts. I do wish, however, that they would give you more vegetables.

Now as far as ordering more than one entrée. I've never seen anyone in all my visits order an extra entrée, but they are so accommodating that I can't see how it is a problem. I've asked for extra vegetables one time, but they are not the same as the ones you get with the dinners and there is so much of it, that I don't do that any more...one extra order of the vegetables feeds about 4 people.

I called NCL and specifically asked "if I have the UDP and eat in the specialty restaurants, can I order more than one entree?" I was told that you can, but you will be charged $10 for the each additional entree. She said that I can order as many side dishes as I wanted, but addition entrees do have a charge. I hope this helps.

I called NCL and specifically asked "if I have the UDP and eat in the specialty restaurants, can I order more than one entree?" I was told that you can, but you will be charged $10 for the each additional entree. She said that I can order as many side dishes as I wanted, but addition entrees do have a charge. I hope this helps.

If you read the terms of UDP, it specifically states that you will be charged for additional entrees in Le Bistro and Cagney's ONLY. I don't care what the rep told you. You can order as many entrees as you'd like in the other specialty restaurants, and unless they update the terms, you won't be charged.

I agree with LrgPizza. It's not that I automatically assume the phone reps are wrong, but they have to try to keep a lot of information straight, and in this case it very plausible to think that they knew about the $10 charge for additional entrées at certain restaurants and generalized it in their minds to all the specialty restaurants.

The menus have small print at the bottom that says if there is an extra charge. The Teppanyaki menu did not include this the last time I cruised (it looked pretty much like this). But it does say "Prices are subject to change", so if they have updated the menu with different fine print, the new terms obviously replace the old ones.

I agree with the OP I am not a big fan of rice fried rice is ok but I cant feast on it. I have not ever had a issue asking for more in the specilties I never ask in Cagneys or other steak houses as I am always too full anyway I always order steak. I too am a consumer of large quanities of protien due to my avoidace of carbs. Also the people on the phone do not dig into any issue if there is gray area so I would not put what they say in stone. I will be at the Tep next week I will try your request as I am not shy to do so we will see what happens. I will say I want double shrimp and lobster no rice... lol should do the trick.

I agree with the OP I am not a big fan of rice fried rice is ok but I cant feast on it. I have not ever had a issue asking for more in the specilties I never ask in Cagneys or other steak houses as I am always too full anyway I always order steak. I too am a consumer of large quanities of protien due to my avoidace of carbs. Also the people on the phone do not dig into any issue if there is gray area so I would not put what they say in stone. I will be at the Tep next week I will try your request as I am not shy to do so we will see what happens. I will say I want double shrimp and lobster no rice... lol should do the trick.

Thank you. This would be very helpful. I assume it should be fine as its not excluded in the Terms, but simply had never seen it asked. I appreciate you taking the time to answer and for asking when on board.

6&8