Allure dining attire

Slacks and collared shirt is fine for casual nights in the dining room...there will be 2 formal nights, but not everyone wears a suit or tux/gown cocktail dress.

The buffet is casual every night....

Edited by cb at sea

I do slacks (Dockers) and a polo most nights. I do the suit on the formal nights because when we're on a cruise is the only time we ever get pictures as a family. I also take a tropical button up shirt because there's usually one night that is "casual tropical" or something to that effect.

Just follow the suggested attire and everything will be fine

I am sure you will have a great cruise.

Remember, no flip flops and no wearing of bathrobes in public areas and all will be fine.

It rather tatty when people do this, they have no taste.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn is having a chilled glass of white. Lovely. Go lynn

I dress 3 times. The 2 formal nights I wear my tux. The night we go to Chops, I wear a suit and tie. The others in the MDR, I wear Docers-type slacks and a Tropical shirt. I ave also worn Blue Jeans the last night to the MDR. I know some don't like to dress formal, I understand that, but my wife and I don't have any chances to dress up, so we go all out on our cruises. I say, be comfortable.

I will be on the allure sailing this Sunday as well and am also struggggling with formal night attire. I won't bring dress pants but will probably bring a pair of black chinos or khakis and a dress shirt.

But for shoes ... Must they be dress shoes? I really don't want to bring a pair of dress shoes that takes up precious space in my carry on for maybe one or two nights. I'm only brining a carry on because I prefer to travel light.

Any advice on this one? :)

I will be on the allure sailing this Sunday as well and am also struggggling with formal night attire. I won't bring dress pants but will probably bring a pair of black chinos or khakis and a dress shirt.

But for shoes ... Must they be dress shoes? I really don't want to bring a pair of dress shoes that takes up precious space in my carry on for maybe one or two nights. I'm only brining a carry on because I prefer to travel light.

There is very little in the area of attire that falls into the "must" category. You must wear shoes, but there's no stipulation on what kind (other than perhaps not-flip-flops). I would just suggest whatever you think goes best with the outfit.

Edited by Paul65

Was on the Allure last month. I can't tell you the various types of shoes because I didn't look, and it doesn't matter.

Here is the basics of it: Use a little common sense; what would you wear to a colleagues home? What would you wear to a cocktail hour? The dress styles ran the gamut and it all really was fine. The Allure has a massive dining room, multiple seatings, and many optional dining venues, so you will never see everyone and they won't see you. If you want to wear slacks and a shirt with a collar of some sort you're going to fit right in on all nights. They do say no flip flops at dinner, but walking shoes, loafers, boating shoes, athletic shoes, etc., are all just fine.

This website can be quite stressful with people bickering back and forth. It is sometimes difficult to read past it. But when you do there is useful information. Hope this helps.

Best-

Steve

My husband wears a pair of black leather New Balance athletic shoes on the cruise. He wears them with his black dress pants and everything else for that matter. This way I don't have to pack his size 13 1/2 dress shoes. :D

There is very little in the area of attire that falls into the "must" category. You must wear shoes, but there's no stipulation on what kind (other than perhaps not-flip-flops). I would just suggest whatever you think goes best with the outfit.

Was on the Allure last month. I can't tell you the various types of shoes because I didn't look, and it doesn't matter.

Here is the basics of it: Use a little common sense; what would you wear to a colleagues home? What would you wear to a cocktail hour? The dress styles ran the gamut and it all really was fine. The Allure has a massive dining room, multiple seatings, and many optional dining venues, so you will never see everyone and they won't see you. If you want to wear slacks and a shirt with a collar of some sort you're going to fit right in on all nights. They do say no flip flops at dinner, but walking shoes, loafers, boating shoes, athletic shoes, etc., are all just fine.

This website can be quite stressful with people bickering back and forth. It is sometimes difficult to read past it. But when you do there is useful information. Hope this helps.

Best-

Steve

Thank you both very kindly for the information. You've just made my decision that much easier and my carry on that much lighter!!! :D

My husband wears a pair of black leather New Balance athletic shoes on the cruise. He wears them with his black dress pants and everything else for that matter. This way I don't have to pack his size 13 1/2 dress shoes. :D

Thank you I weave decided to wear a subtle pair of dark Pumas that could go nicely with my outfit. They are versatile enough to be considered athletic casual walking shoes and also might just pass the black chino and dress shirt test.

Remember, no flip flops and no wearing of bathrobes in public areas and all will be fine.

I will be on Allure this Sunday as well. No Flip Flops in any public areas? Is not the entire ship pretty much a public area including the pools? I understand not at dinner obviously, but what about all day? My Reefs cost more than my Georgio Brutini dress shoes!

I will be on Allure this Sunday as well. No Flip Flops in any public areas? Is not the entire ship pretty much a public area including the pools? I understand not at dinner obviously, but what about all day? My Reefs cost more than my Georgio Brutini dress shoes!

You can wear flip flops anywhere you want.

. No Flip Flops in any public areas?

That is HER "rule". NOT the rule of the ship. Flip flops are not allowed in the dining room at dinner and you have to have shoes on to use the rock wall. Otherwise, you are good to go in your flip flops.

No Flip Flops in any public areas? Is not the entire ship pretty much a public area including the pools? !

You can wear flip flops anywhere you want.

Flip Flops are awful, and should be banned.

Likewise big people wearing bathrobes in elevators.

Sometimes I have see people wearing both bathrobes and flip flops.

A shock to the system

One thinks of their lifestyle.

Lynn cares about other people

I saw this thread and couldn't help but chime in. So far in my experience Allure has had the most casual MDR wardrobe. Pretty much anything was allowed - no enforcement. Caribbean casual night I saw flip flops and surfer trunks.

Interesting to see the difference between ships

I saw flip flops and surfer trunks.

That must have been awful, seeing people like that dressed in flip flops.

The very name "Flip Flops" conjurers images of funny things.

Isn't it terrible the way some people behave in public.

Always know their upbringing.

Lynn is not a fan of Flip Flops

P&O Lynn Knickers is from Europe and providing you with her opinion as though it was a rule. You can wear flip flop and a bathrobe in the public places, and many people do just that. If that causes P&O Lynn's Knickers to get tied in a knot, that is her problem, not yours.

I've been on eleven Royal Caribbean cruises (I am Diamond Plus) including one on the Allure and there is no rule against wearing flop flops or bathrobes in the public areas with the possible exception at dinner.

A shock to the system

Welcome to this side of the pond. Hopefully what you saw didn't cause you to get your knickers in a knot.

Edited by Cuizer2

Would to and from the Flowrider be considered "public areas"? If so, color me and Frank tasteless because we wore ours to and from the Flowrider one night when we rented it out. Personally, I don't like being wet and cold in the elevator or walking inside with the A/C ;)

As far as what to wear, anything but shorts and tank tops is what I have heard/read/learned over the years :D

A shock to the system

Are we being "punked"? This cannot be for real :D Yes, one must truly wonder of my lifestyle because GASP I wear flip flop all over the ship and GASP GASP I wore a robe in the elevator.

Thanks for the laugh, you're a hoot :p

That must have been awful, seeing people like that dressed in flip flops.

The very name "Flip Flops" conjurers images of funny things.

Isn't it terrible the way some people behave in public.

Always know their upbringing.

Hey LOOK, flip flops :) TA DA You can barely make it out, but that is a rather large tattoo of Toothless on my right leg and a small kitty tat on my left ankle too. Flip flops and tats - OH MY :)

10405674_10153262367351162_7346095106893901653_n.jpg?oh=22aa432aadcc57bb4c0e25f86a45a3d7&oe=55A8BEDD&__gda__=1434033058_9f55e2b422cc5b01afd24060fa859140

Do you wear high heels to the pool?

A shock to the system