Balcony vs Concierge Balcony

IrishLassie

I was just checking Bermuda prices on the Summit, and for the May 31, 2015 sailing, the regular verandah cabins (you get one perk) are $150 MORE than the concierge cabins (which then gives you all THREE perks).

It's pretty easy to figure out the better deal there....LOL

*Note - Upon checking further, they are family verandah cabins - it appears the regular verandahs are no longer available.

Edited by DinaS

Michael's Club is for passengers in Celebrity Suites, Royal Suites, Penthouse Suites or Reflection Suite plus Captain's Club Zenith guests (and occasionally guests designated as VIPs).

Thanks Vulcan for the clarification. I forgot that the Sky suites don't get into Michaels Club.

The OP was inquiring about a Conceirge lounge & I thought to tell her about who does get a closed lounge.

We like the Conceirge rooms mainly for the recent perks, not the foot stools! LOL!

I originally booked a Concierge cabin to take advantage of the 123 go promo. Being Elite there was really no benefit other than points to book Concierge. So when the 123 go promo was extended to Verandah cabinets and above I quickly dropped down to a Verandah guarantee and saved $850! The best part was that my cabin was assigned about 2 months ago and we were given cabin 8277 on the hump. I couldn't ask for more. So the extra points are so insignificant in regards to the money we saved.

C1 Afts on M class have huge balconies with loungers, regular chairs and good size table. Love the view, too. We stay away from the deck immediately below the Oceanview Buffet and outdoor seating to avoid the (previously mentioned) early morning noise.

We'll be sailing on our first S class next year in a C2 because of the many negative comments about soot being a problem on the aft C1 balconies, lack of privacy and almost no balcony awning/cover. We do prefer the decks and placement of the C2s marginally over A1s and getting all three of the 123go helped with our decision.

Lastly, and I'm almost embarrassed to state this, I really like the afternoon canapés and I really enjoy the expanded Concierge room service breakfast menu, too.

Ok, I'll bite. I've read a number of commenters says they'd book CC for the footstools. These must be hella footstools. :-)
I find that an inflatable beach or exercise ball, partially inflated, makes a better, more comfortable footstool than the ones provided on the ships.

We have had a concierge Balcony room twice. I did not find that it was worth much extra. Many the perks were just not worth the extra cost unless you can get it for less than $100. On our cruise last year, 14 days, they ran out of bags, we had to ask and received one of the flimsy bags everyone gets. The special room for debarcation was so full we ended up elsewhere. We received the canapes the first couple of days then nothing, did not pursue since they were not that good.

We have had a concierge Balcony room twice. I did not find that it was worth much extra. Many the perks were just not worth the extra cost unless you can get it for less than $100. On our cruise last year, 14 days, they ran out of bags, we had to ask and received one of the flimsy bags everyone gets. The special room for debarcation was so full we ended up elsewhere. We received the canapes the first couple of days then nothing, did not pursue since they were not that good.