Balcony vs Concierge Balcony

IrishLassie

Can someone tell me what extra's you get by booking a Concierge Balcony vs a regular Balcony cabin?

There are several items to consider. Concierge cabins are in "more desirable" locations, compared to Veranda cabins. Also, you get afternoon canapes, fluffy robes, heavy tote bags and a few other things. We choose it to get the extra points and a cabin position we prefer. Lately you get more perks for Concierge cabins than Veranda.

We've done both Concierge & Veranda. If price the is close then we go for Concierge otherwise we stay with Veranda. The canape plate isn't anything to write home about and the rest of the perks, except the extra points, don't do much for us. Just my opinion.

Don't sell your opinion short, as it's on the money. The extra points are the best reason for booking it. Once we reached Elite + we said goodbye to Concierge

We were in Concierge before it was called that (because of our location among all suites on M Class, we got the canapes, better everything in the cabin, etc.). It was nice, but not that nice -- the canapes were kind of dry, and for the most part, the cabin is not where we hang out. I wouldn't pay extra for it, obviously many others would.

We've done both Concierge & Veranda. If price the is close then we go for Concierge otherwise we stay with Veranda. The canape plate isn't anything to write home about and the rest of the perks, except the extra points, don't do much for us. Just my opinion.

Don't sell your opinion short, as it's on the money. The extra points are the best reason for booking it. Once we reached Elite + we said goodbye to Concierge

Agreed. Once a cruiser reaches Elite status, Concierge Class perks are insignificant. Regarding the "desirability" of cabin location, that's really a personal preference. If you don't like he location, it doesn't matter the price.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

There are several items to consider. Concierge cabins are in "more desirable" locations, compared to Veranda cabins.

I do not understand this at all. Why do people keep saying this?? Tell me exactly where these '"superior" cabins are located, please. I'd like to know what location is more desirable than 1As or 1Bs or 2Bs midship. I think that statement is just marketing hype perpetuated by the cruise line!

We as well did both.

Better View on the veranda, better view on the concierge. that is your option due to your booking not due to concierge or veranda.

the set up no difference same shower heads, same everything but no flower, no tote. no umbrella, whatever...

Honestly add up the cost and upgrade for free. does not mean a better view, many steps to get a better upgrade to the right class and room

The only reason I booked concierge was because with the $300 OBC, paid gratuities and drink package it worked out to be less money than a veranda.

Yes yes, I have 3 Concierge cabin cruises booked. All got the 3 x 123go perks and price was only a couple of $100 extra. Take into account the OBC and grats and drink package and the Concierge is net cheaper.

I do not understand this at all. Why do people keep saying this?? Tell me exactly where these '"superior" cabins are located, please. I'd like to know what location is more desirable than 1As or 1Bs or 2Bs midship. I think that statement is just marketing hype perpetuated by the cruise line!

Cathy , Cathy , Cathy :rolleyes:

The better location is under the Oceanview cafe , so you do not need an alarm clock to wake up in the morning

Or a view into the bridge wing at the bow of the ship :cool:

You should see me in the fluffy robe, if you over 5-10 and 200 lbs you would look pretty funny in it

The OP was asking the perks of Concierge cabin, which has nothing to do with 123 go promo,

OP could be on a TA were there is no 123 go promo

The best perk if the extra points if you are select

Thanks for the info. One more question, is there a special lounge for Concierge cabins?

No there is not a special lounge just for Concierge cabins. Also, the Concierge on board is available to all, not just Concierge cabin cruisers.

Only suites/Captain Club Zenith have a dedicated lounge. Captain Club Elites, Elite + and Zenith have the breakfast, cocktail party and other invitational events, regardless of their cabin class. But there is no dedicated lounge for these events.

Edited by TN Vol Fan
more info

No there is not a special lounge just for Concierge cabins. Also, the Concierge on board is available to all, not just Concierge cabin cruisers.

Only suites/Captain Club Zenith have a dedicated lounge. Captain Club Elites, Elite + and Zenith have the breakfast, cocktail party and other invitational events, regardless of their cabin class. But there is no dedicated lounge for these events.

Isn't Michael s only for upper level suites?

Isn't Michael s only for upper level suites?

Michael's Club is for passengers in Celebrity Suites, Royal Suites, Penthouse Suites or Reflection Suite plus Captain's Club Zenith guests (and occasionally guests designated as VIPs).

Edited by vulcan1971

The only reason I booked concierge was because with the $300 OBC, paid gratuities and drink package it worked out to be less money than a veranda.

Agreed.

However, when I made my earlier comments about "no significant difference" in value, I was referring to the comparison of the two types of stateroom amenities WITHOUT any other booking incentives coming into play. Given how the 123GO All In and Step Into Spring sales strategies of changed the popularity of certain types of cabins, this whole conversation is now put in a new light and context.

Agreed.

However, when I made my earlier comments about "no significant difference" in value, I was referring to the comparison of the two types of stateroom amenities WITHOUT any other booking incentives coming into play. Given how the 123GO All In and Step Into Spring sales strategies of changed the popularity of certain types of cabins, this whole conversation is now put in a new light and context.

Honestly unless they offer the three perks I don't see a need for this category. Aqua and up you get your own restaurant. The extras in CC are just fluff. I probably won't notice the difference with the towels or the extra foot of space on the M class ships.

Honestly unless they offer the three perks I don't see a need for this category. Aqua and up you get your own restaurant. The extras in CC are just fluff. I probably won't notice the difference with the towels or the extra foot of space on the M class ships.

I think we are on the same page. ;)

I paid extra for a concierge on my next cruise. I did it so I can get into the next tier of the loyalty program when the cruise ends. For the following cruise, I'll recoup some of the extra $$ I spent when I use the better loyalty coupons for internet, laundry, etc..

Edited by Rufferto