SeaPass Cards

Microchips are only available to those who are Diamond and above.:eek::p

And if you ever step foot aboard a competitor's ship it sends an immediate signal to RCI Miami informing them of your transgression.

Edited by Ocean Boy

What is with the SeaPass card. it is no big deal. my wife doesn't carry hers unless we leave the ship, if we are on the ship she leaves hers in the room.

I do the unthinkable, I wear my lanyard on the ship. Just so tourist of me. Now I will got hammered for wear a lanyard. Oh well

Sometimes it just seems like most of the issues on cruise critic are very nit picky......is this that big of an issue???

Yes, and I hate those newfangled horseless carriages, give me my mule any day. And not to mention those pesky airplanes, telephones, and oh, air conditioning? Please, gimme the gold old days!

Yours truly,

Neanderthal dude

Edited by PennStateFan123

I want to make sure I understand this correctly.

Most people like the "Flavor Flav" type lanyard with the card around the neck rather than a small elastic wristband?:)

Edited by Whittyone

I guess I opened up a can of worms. I wonder if people who respond to posts realize that the original poster does read the comments. Why the need to put me down? I wasn't offending anyone personally, just expressing my opinion. I like technology and ease of use- I guess that's my prerogative. I was on this cruise celebrating what would have been my husband and i's 25th wedding anniversary, he passed away a year ago so I took my kids instead. So I had no husband to carry around my card for me. Sorry I posted. Thanks to those who offered constructive suggestions rather than insults.

Brighton sells a silver lanyard and I carry a hole punch in my cruise bag, it works well and I can even put it inside my shirt. If I am dressed up I put it in my clutch, I have no husband either, if I did I wouldn't saddle him with carrying my card anyway, I'm not that helpless! Lovelyfamilytime- unfortunately people are always snarky on cruise critic, ignore them and I hope you enjoyed your cruise with your kids!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by mermaidgal

I guess I opened up a can of worms. I wonder if people who respond to posts realize that the original poster does read the comments. Why the need to put me down? I wasn't offending anyone personally, just expressing my opinion. I like technology and ease of use- I guess that's my prerogative. I was on this cruise celebrating what would have been my husband and i's 25th wedding anniversary, he passed away a year ago so I took my kids instead. So I had no husband to carry around my card for me. Sorry I posted. Thanks to those who offered constructive suggestions rather than insults.

Sorry for your loss. Hope you enjoyed your trip[emoji267]

Don't take anything on here personal[emoji41]everyone just likes to blow lots of hot air[emoji12]

I would hate having a wrist band. I use a lanyard, and I love it. I bring a hook to hang on the inside of our cabin door and when we come into the cabin we hang it there and it's right in our line of sight when we leave, so we never forget it.

So sorry for your loss, hope you enjoyed your cruise with your kids.

I agree with you about the bands. People can get a little critical of others that do not share the same thoughts as themselves. Don't take anything on here too serious.

* I would never wear the lanyard thing, but have no problem with those that do. Card is in my pocket. Works just fine.

* As to the OP feeling some folks were a bit rough, I would refer to the original post. It came across very negative and opinionated. Maybe that was not the intent, but it appeared this was a major issue. Hence, the replies.

A seapass is not an issue for us at all. I carry a small purse onboard or in port, stick it in my pocket when I'm wearing shorts or capris or wear it in a holder around my neck when on a water excursion. DH puts his in his pocket or wallet or holder. This question is one that I always find funny. How do you carry your ID, credit cards, etc when on land based vacations? Why is a cruise any different? Also, what you think is a "better solution" may not be for a lot of other people. The seapass works and has for years.

First world problem lol

Also, I have noticed an uptick in easily offended posters lately. Don't hit save until you re-read your post a couple of times, but also be prepared to get answers you may not like because that's life.

Edited by BND

[quote name='Jenhem31']Maybe RC could just microchip its passengers. Nothing to carry or keep track of. Problem solved.[/quote]

Ouch - on a B2B would need to get rechipped at guest services unless they come up with remote programmable chips.

Seriously we like cards and lanyards - harder to lose when off ship (although in recent years you have needed to take ID anyway). We have seen two people lose their cards between checking in and the gangway so a band might have helped them. Doubt that any cruise line would spend $250 per cabin to buy new locks for an existing ship.