Brilliance and the Skyway

This thread bummed me out. We were supposed to be on this cruise today, but had to cancel because we moved from Florida and the spring break week for our kids changed or we would have kept the reservation and flown down yesterday.

We've sailed on Brilliance out of Tampa twice (and once on Jewel). It usually takes 1.5 hours to get to the bridge. Traffic in the channel can make a difference. It's an impressively tight squeeze.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by nolesrule

I'm sailing from Tampa in two weeks and I've been told from several others who've already been it takes about 2 hours. You'll know when you get close because a lot of people seems to adapt the New Years Eve mentality and do a countdown of sorts. :)

This thread bummed me out. We were supposed to be on this cruise today, but had to cancel because we moved from Florida and the spring break week for our kids changed or we would have kept the reservation and flown down yesterday.

We've sailed on Brilliance out of Tampa twice (and once on Jewel). It usually takes 1.5 hours to get to the bridge. Traffic in the channel can make a difference. It's an impressively tight squeeze.

Enjoy your cruise.

Sorry you missed your cruise on Brillance.

We are departing from Tampa around 4pm. Any idea of how long it would take to get to the skyway bridge? I'd love to be out in time to see it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoy your cruise.....and if you could let me know who the Activity Manager is on your sailing.....thanks!

Sorry you missed your cruise on Brillance.

Yeah, first time we ever had to cancel. Fortunately we knew far enough out that we were able to switch the reservation, keep the deposit and OBC. C&A customer service was very friendly and helpful about the whole thing.

We had the GS on the hump right next to the Royal Suite. We were really looking forward to it, as we've already done the other 2 Brilliance itineraries out of Tampa.

We just got the school calendar for next year, and I'm thinking of trying again. The KW itinerary happens to fall on the kids' spring break.

We are departing from Tampa around 4pm. Any idea of how long it would take to get to the skyway bridge? I'd love to be out in time to see it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sailed from Tampa twice. Both times 2 and a half hours to reach the Skyway.

it was about six thirty when we got to the skyway on our cruise in nov I was so surprised the captain didn't even honk the horn when we went under

Think of us "poor" locals that have to drive that span. Driving along and a cruise ship with it's horn 10 feet below the span. That ship toots its horn, and people on the bridge freak out. You can imagine the consequences of that! I know I would rather the ships not blow their horns!

I'm sailing from Tampa in two weeks and I've been told from several others who've already been it takes about 2 hours. You'll know when you get close because a lot of people seems to adapt the New Years Eve mentality and do a countdown of sorts. :)

Give or take about 15 mins., 2 hours is a good approximate.:)

As others said, it's about 2 hours. For those of us who had the early dinner seating, it was a real bummer because we didn't get to see it. :(

Agreed, we did a late buffet.

It quite a party atmosphere up at the pool bar until you hit the Gulf.:D