No jackets required from next Spring

Denarius

On Aurora at the moment about 40% are dressing up for formal nights. The other 60% are not bothering. A lot of these appear to be Australians who boarded in Sydney.

I think the itinerary and passenger demographic causes wide variation in terms of complying with the formal dress code. There is a big difference in my experience when sailing from the UK or say the Caribbean fly/cruises as compared with itineraries with a wider mix or higher percentage of passengers from other parts of the world. One cruise we did departing from Copenhagen (not in the Far East!) had about 30% Hong Kong Chinese passengers who didn't do dressing up at all. Seems as though this may be the case with your current cruise too - different take on dressing up (and tipping!) reflecting cultural differences.

I think the itinerary and passenger demographic causes wide variation in terms of complying with the formal dress code. There is a big difference in my experience when sailing from the UK or say the Caribbean fly/cruises as compared with itineraries with a wider mix or higher percentage of passengers from other parts of the world. One cruise we did departing from Copenhagen (not in the Far East!) had about 30% Hong Kong Chinese passengers who didn't do dressing up at all. Seems as though this may be the case with your current cruise too - different take on dressing up (and tipping!) reflecting cultural differences.

I must admit it has had no impact on my cruise. As far as I'm concerned people can dress as they want. I must admit, one night we were running late and couldn't be bothered. We went into the horizon for evening meal then straight into the theatre to see the headliners (who were fantastic).

I'm pleased with the change, just from a packing point of view. Those who want to dress in jackets or anything else still can. What others choose to wear really has a minimal impact on our enjoyment - except perhaps for looking around at some of the things in the tramps convention ;)

That's true, I wear a jacket or light suit every night on a cruise. Tux on Formal. This will not change just because other people don't.

I'm with you 116; there is nothing worse than gents rooting about in trouser pockets at the dinner table when you can have stuff in convenient jacket pockets. Similarly I do not like to put spectacles/cases on the table.

Regards John