Just off the breakaway, ocean view cabin deck 5, parking info etc

ARI421

Just off the breakaway and thought I would give my impressions as I am a planner and reader myself and love to hear lots of peoples impressions..

My hubby took LOTS of videos of the ship and food and I will post them when he edits them..

This was our 6th cruise, 3rd NCL and first time on the breakaway..

Headed to New York and used Park right for parking. We booked through Park Jockey.. and paid $163 for the week. I would highly recommend them! As soon as we arrived they drove us right to the ship, when we got off today, it was a short walk and they got the car ready quickly for us!Very easy and much cheaper than the terminal!

Embarkation was easy, I was updating on our roll call and met some people right away that were in our group!

We chose to eat in the dining room for lunch, service was quick and fast and we enjoyed the food. Our rooms were done quickly and headed down to check out the room

We were in oceanview 5720, it was forward.. It was a great size room with lots of storage, but not my favorite location at all. We were below the spiegal tent and the kids were there every afternoon while we were trying to nap and it was SUPER loud with kids screaming and running around! UGH

Also it was a very "creaky" room not sure if it was life boats or what, but all night long we heard chains and creaking, we got used to it but I would never book there again!

We did look at the inside rooms and they looked VERY small, in fact I was shocked about the size compared to other ships..

We had the UBP, we had great service getting drinks and I was worried about the new drink menus, but they will make ANYTHING, and you can have fun and say make me something yummy and they will surprise you!

We ate breakfast in the garden cafe, O Sheenhans and Moderno.. I would recommend Modernos for a quick easy quiet buffet. O Sheenhans also had yummy food. Garden cafe was busy at peak times, and as usual coffee was nasty! We never made it to the dining rooms for breakfast.

Lunch at the uptown grille was great! Huge made to order burgers and a salad bar, ate lunch mostly in the garden cafe and we had no problems.

Hot dog carts we saw alot but we were always stuffed!

Staff was very friendly with the exception of one bar tender at Shakers who just seemed grouchy in general.

We had no problems with the shows and no reservations, Loved Burn the floor and rock of ages, dueling pianos (Howl at the Moon) were awesome and our group was demanded back by the pianist so we thought that was great! We also loved the Second city shows, we made reservations for n 18 plus night and than did standby for another show.

Liked the cirque show but not sure I thought it was worth the money and the food was just ok..

I was terrified the boat would seem crowded and it was fine and were sailed at capacity. We always had a nice seat and enjoyed Spice H20 during the day.. It didnt seem busy at all..

The water slides were fun, but scarey in my opinion! I did do all 4 and screamed my way through them.. They do weigh you for the free fall slides, but they were weighing everyone and it wasn't a big deal the weight limit was high and I am a chunky monkey.. The rope course looked fun as did the rock wall but we didnt try them, the mini golf was cute!

I did think the shows in the atrium was weird and not my favorite and the deck parties were kinda squishy..

The pub crawl that was organized through our roll call was great, it helped us meet people on the first night and was much more relaxed than a meet and greet, we had a Bar Hop and all wore bunny ears, which was silly and broke the ice.. This was an extra great group of people and we had so much fun thanks to cruise critic!

Meet and greet was well attended and we meeted and greeted some more people!

I did not pay to text on the iconcierge app but found it very useful and helpful to have..

ANy questions feel free to ask!

Thanks for the review. I was having uncertainties about booking Cirque, having read good and bad. I think we will skip it and enjoy a meal elsewhere. Looking forward to our cruise in June. We have a mid-ship oceanview. Hopefully noise won't be a problem because I am a very light sleeper. I hate using earplugs, but will probably take some anyway to drown out my DH's snoring.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the great review! Any experience with the spa or vibe pass? We are a late 30s couple sailing May 3 on the breakaway without children[emoji4] really want to relax and enjoy all the ship has to offer. Did you make any special reservations for spice H20? When was it warm enough to sun on the upper deck after leaving New York? Any times that it was overly crowded or did you have trouble getting a lounge chair? We also have the UBP so what you said about drinks made me very excited[emoji4] Thanks!

Thanks for the great review! Any experience with the spa or vibe pass? We are a late 30s couple sailing May 3 on the breakaway without children[emoji4] really want to relax and enjoy all the ship has to offer. Did you make any special reservations for spice H20? When was it warm enough to sun on the upper deck after leaving New York? Any times that it was overly crowded or did you have trouble getting a lounge chair? We also have the UBP so what you said about drinks made me very excited[emoji4] Thanks!

I was on this sailing as well so I can help with a few questions. The spa was nice, but for me, not something I would pay $400 extra for. We only used it 3-4 days of the cruise (and some days only for 20 minutes), however my bf did prefer to shower there over the stateroom. It was crowded the first sea day, but once "lunch time" approached it started to empty out. Last sea day, we walked in around 1, it was packed so we decided to do something else. Returned around 5 and it was empty.

No reservations needed for spice H2O and never had an issue getting chairs. As our group grew we just waited for people around us to move and would rearrange some chairs. As for weather, I hope by May it is a lot warmer for you! First sea day was chilly/cloudy so not lounging weather. Coming back, the first sea day was great weather, until it rained a little. You could tell the weather was starting to shift. The last sea day was very chilly with temps in the 40s and dropping.

Headed to New York and used Park right for parking. We booked through Park Jockey.. and paid $163 for the week. I would highly recommend them! As soon as we arrived they drove us right to the ship, when we got off today, it was a short walk and they got the car ready quickly for us!Very easy and much cheaper than the terminal!

Thanks for the info and the review. :)

We will definitely check out Park Jockey in the future.

thanks for all your info especially the parking info. I found park jockey online and was glad to hear it was an ok place to park near the terminal. also. you mentioned about the shows and no reservations. my question is this. I had hear that you needed to make reservations as soon as you get on board for the shows and the dining rooms. are you saying you don't need reservations for the shows? and also do you need them for the dining rooms? appreciate any input. thanks. Cherie

Great review. The number 1 thing that made this cruise wonderful was the awesome people we met.

Agreed! Which reminds me, I have a photo to email you.

Might be a silly question, but do they heat the pools/slides on board? I am sailing in late May and am curious to know.

I never went into the pools, but the slides didn't seem to be cold. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thanks for the review. Was Moderno's open for breakfast every day? Our cabin is on deck 8, so we're thinking this is a better option than schleping all the way up to deck 15 to the buffet. Did they have an omelet station? Or waffles? Thanks! Anything you can review about the Moderno breakfast buffet would be helpful since there is so little written about it. :)

I was on this sailing as well so I can help with a few questions. The spa was nice, but for me, not something I would pay $400 extra for. We only used it 3-4 days of the cruise (and some days only for 20 minutes), however my bf did prefer to shower there over the stateroom. It was crowded the first sea day, but once "lunch time" approached it started to empty out. Last sea day, we walked in around 1, it was packed so we decided to do something else. Returned around 5 and it was empty.

No reservations needed for spice H2O and never had an issue getting chairs. As our group grew we just waited for people around us to move and would rearrange some chairs. As for weather, I hope by May it is a lot warmer for you! First sea day was chilly/cloudy so not lounging weather. Coming back, the first sea day was great weather, until it rained a little. You could tell the weather was starting to shift. The last sea day was very chilly with temps in the 40s and dropping.

How much was the spa pass for the week?? Thank you!!

How much was the spa pass for the week?? Thank you!!

We were in the the spa balconys, as was barcardi1224 so it was included. Other wise a weekly pass was 199.00 pp. On the boards some posted they don't do daily but on this cruise they did on the last sea day. There was a large very loud group with day passes. And there were some waiting for spa treatments.

Thanks for the review. Was Moderno's open for breakfast every day? Our cabin is on deck 8, so we're thinking this is a better option than schleping all the way up to deck 15 to the buffet. Did they have an omelet station? Or waffles? Thanks! Anything you can review about the Moderno breakfast buffet would be helpful since there is so little written about it. :)

It was open on sea days, I don't believe port days, they did have an omelet station.. It was identical food served in the Garden cafe on a smaller scale, I don't remember waffles or pancakes but I don't eat those so I could have over looked them.. They had sausage, bacon, eggs toast etc a much quieter place for some coffee after a night with the ubp!

They do weigh you for the free fall slides, but they were weighing everyone and it wasn't a big deal the weight limit was high and I am a chunky monkey..

As a couple on the larger end of the scale, do you remember what the weight limit was? Not going on the Breakaway but on the Escape, and am assuming comparables until I hear otherwise. Thanks.

--Michael (and Chad)

... I had hear that you needed to make reservations as soon as you get on board for the shows and the dining rooms. are you saying you don't need reservations for the shows? and also do you need them for the dining rooms? appreciate any input. thanks. Cherie

I am also just off last week's cruise. No reservations for the shows except you do need them for Second City Comedy. We never saw second city because they canceled and rescheduled all Burn the Floor and Rock of Ages shows on our cruise and in the jumble we missed the one reservation we had for Second City... and could never get in again.

Dining rooms - nope, I asked and was told open seating, show up and get right in or a short wait. The last night there was a big crowd in Manhattan and it filled right up 5:30-6:00 and others had to wait a bit. Big groups can make reservations. They took about 200 in all passing by us and we started to get aggravated until we got to the front and asked why.

Moderno's was never open for breakfast: Dining rooms, O'SHeehans, Buffet or Uptown Grill are typically open. Moderno's is the Brazilian "meathouse" speciality dinner restaurant which starts with a small salad bar/buffet then has a rotation of grilled meats and other foods. We enjoyed it!

As a couple on the larger end of the scale, do you remember what the weight limit was? Not going on the Breakaway but on the Escape, and am assuming comparables until I hear otherwise. Thanks.

--Michael (and Chad)

300 pounds, I am chunky myself I checked!! Lol only for free fall ones, they don't weigh you for others