Room Service No Longer Free - NCL Starts $7.95 Charge Per Order

doggfan7

it's not like they're not telling anyone and only telling people once they boarded the ship. it hasn't even been announced that it's going to be implemented on the escape so I don't understand why people are cancelling their cruise on the escape

This is PRECISELY what happened, on this week's Breakaway and Getaway cruises. Do please try to keep up.

Meant of course as a southern endearing term no doubt.

Ok enough with the backhanded insults, just because I disagree with y'all don't mean you gotta be rude. I've already apologized to the Yankees that were offended by my southern vernacular. let's move on

Ok enough with the backhanded insults, just because I disagree with y'all don't mean you gotta be rude. I've already apologized to the Yankees that were offended by my southern vernacular. let's move on

You forgot to remind us how well paid and wealthy you are. You are slipping man.

And for the most part that is ridiculous

Mature adults are not offended by a simple slip of the lip

Thankfully some of us out here are able to laugh off political correctness when it is taken to an extreme

That comes from coming of age in the greatest decade of all time. The 70 s and from being one of the best educated generations thus far.....

We just know when it's political correctness gone amok!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are a voice of reason and wisdom ............

I say it and its a backhanded insult. You say it and its not. That is an interesting double standard you have. Or to put it another way, how does it feel to be on the other side of all those endearing southern terms you keep insisting are perfectly fine to use because you are the one using them?

I say it and its a backhanded insult. You say it and its not. That is an interesting double standard you have. Or to put it another way, how does it feel to be on the other side of all those endearing southern terms you keep insisting are perfectly fine to use because you are the one using them?

Ok you win you're right let's just stop the arguing. is anyone on here staying with Ncl?

The ironic part is 3 of the cabins in our group refused to sail NCL for years because they heard they would be nickeled and dimed. It took me a long time to convince them to give it a try. I not only feel like a complete idiot now, but I am just .... so disappointed in the way NCL has handled all of these changes. Not cool at all :( I really don't even think they care that they are going to be losing my business.

It's ironic. We too, felt nickled and dimed on our first NCL cruise in 2009, however, we changed our thoughts after cruising with them earlier this month (before they started adding all of these extra charges).

At the time, we had even said that since they seemed to have changed their nickle and diming ways, we would love to go back on another NCL cruise.

Now, I'm not so sure.

FDR sure meant it when he said he wanted another $50 per cabin - though the way things are going, it may end up being a lot more than $50.

I suggest we make an effort to tone down personal rhetoric or over the top sarcarsm directed at each other or NCL.

Cruise Critic moderators have been known to close and lock threads that degenerate into mean spirited chaos.

Since, NCL will be following this thread with extreme interest, we do not want to percipitate a shut down.

Edited by Uniall

May I suggest that everyone make an extra effort to tone down any inter personal rhetoric or over the top sarcarsm.

Cruise Critic moderators have been known to close and lock threads that degenerate into mean spirited chaos.

Since, NCL will be following this thread with extreme interest, we do not want to percipitate a shut down.

LOL......it's 49 pages long. There's nothing left to be said that hasn't been said ten times over already along with the six other threads about the same subject on the first page.

Entertaining on a slow day. :)

Edited by ColinIllinois

to Motleyfan: hope you never become handicapped. some people cant just get out all the time but still want to enjoy the sea air i spend a lot of time in my room as I dont have the strength to go go go all day so room service was my savior. guess after 15 years of cruising I should just crawl in a hole and give up what I enjoy

Edited by djaycruiser

I suggest we make an effort to tone down personal rhetoric or over the top sarcarsm directed at each other or NCL.

I agree completely, hopefully everyone is having a blessed day and I hope everyone has fun on whatever Cruise they decide to go on.

LOL......it's 49 pages long. There's nothing left to be said that hasn't been said ten times over already along with the six other threads about the same subject on the first page.

Entertaining on a slow day. :)

It's so nice to see you again.

While your post makes sense, it fails to take into account that some (if not most) folks are still unclear what the overall change means now and in the future.

So, shouldn't we leave it up to the posters to make the decision whether the discussion and debate have been completed?

it's not like they're not telling anyone and only telling people once they boarded the ship. it hasn't even been announced that it's going to be implemented on the escape so I don't understand why people are cancelling their cruise on the escape

But that's EXACTLY what they did to the people who boarded the Breakaway a couple of days ago. We are boarding the Breakaway in five days. At the time we purchased this trip, free room service was available from five am to midnight. It is no longer free and therefore NCL broke their obligation to provide the services I bought.

Also, NCL could easily have let us know about the change prior to boarding. We found out via Cruise Critic.

They are already changing the room service descriptions for ships other than the Breakaway and Getaway. NCL has moved from discussing this as an experiment to something in progress. It's pretty clear that a fee will now be imposed.

Too late for those of us sailing these weeks, not too soon for those who are lucky enough to make better informed choices for their futures.

Edited by NYteacher

Sorry but this thread is too long to read. So are they starting to charge for room service? Or is it only on the Breakaway? Thanks.

A very quick answer, YES.

Right now, and supposedly for this week and next, it's only on the Breakaway, where there's a minimum $7.95 per order charge, and Getaway ($4.95 charge). Passengers on BA/GA were not informed prior to boarding of this completely new charge. NCL has posted a single paragraph announcing the change, on this thread and others, but it must be 20-30 pages back, and it (predictably?) raised as many questions as it answered. If you want to get into the arcana, you'll have to read the entire thread, but I think there's an emerging consensus that supports what I just typed. NCL has said nothing about when/if this will go fleetwide, but they have updated each ship's page on their website with something about how there could be a possible "convenience fee" (their words) added to the "complementary" room service.

The best guess is this is going fleetwide, and soon.

Room service on NCL's website for the dining options on the Jàde says. Subject to a convenience fee. I will be going up to lido deck and bringing down a continental breakfast for my husband and I .. Just have to purchase and bring a tray with me....

But that's EXACTLY what they did to the people who boarded the Breakaway a couple of days ago. We are boarding the Breakaway in five days. At the time we purchased this trip, free room service was available from five am to midnight. It is no longer free and therefore NCL broke their obligation to provide the services I bought.

Also, NCL could easily have let us know about the change prior to boarding. We found out via Cruise Critic.

They are already changing the room service descriptions for ships other than the Breakaway and Getaway. NCL has moved from discussing this as an experiment to something in progress. It's pretty clear that a fee will now be imposed.

Too late for those of us sailing these weeks, not too soon for those who are lucky enough to make better informed choices for their futures.

Teacher

Please open this post, print it and bring it with you on the cruise. Use it when asking the service desk to remove any room service surcharges.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46109480&postcount=743