Just.Can't.Stop.Shopping.

Not in my league! Not even close! Hey, you don't happy to be a size 6, would you? If so, do you want to adopt me or send me your hand me downs? ;)

Seriously, it is nice for you that you can afford to spend like that. Most of us have to be a little more restrained.

Edited by Danni3ll3

I applaud you Porthopper101 for your shopping prowess, but you are way out of my league budget-wise. I go for the best bargain in the store, and then try to find accessories that don't cost more than the outfit.

For example on our last cruise, I received several compliments on an outfit I wore to dinner one evening - it was a very lightweight blue & green feather patterned navy travel-knit dress and a blue/green/purple paschmina. I bought the dress at the end of last summer for $4.99 and the paschmina at an outlet bargain centre for $2.99; the entire outfit was under $10. Hubby was asked which jewellery store I had enticed him into to buy my necklace and earring set (white and yellow gold with diamonds in a double circle) - he had no idea what she was talking about. My "gems" came from Avon on sale for $5. Love those bargains!

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

OHMYGOODNESS - and i thought I was the only one that 'weighed' things in my hand while shopping - wondering if people thought I was strange? LOL - also look at washing instructions and how easy an item will pack! Everything is bought with a potential cruise in mind :D

I love maxi dresses and maxi skirts, but some are so heavy! If I brought 5 it would seriously weigh a ton. I limit myself to 3.

I definitely have a problem. I really love looking at the websites of my favorite stores. Sometimes I order, sometimes I go to the store to see if they have an item I like.

Just yesterday I picked up an item from Lane Bryant and then went to Dress Barn. I bought a shirt that had to be ordered.

In my defense, I lost over 40 pounds and went down 2-3 sizes, so of course I needed a new wardrobe. I have more than enough outfits for our cruise next year. I know I won't be able to help myself and will buy other new items.

I am also bad about buying for DH. He never buys anything for himself, so someone has to do it.

Not a huge shopper to begin with...but, I have discovered that I do have "cruise" only clothes. Only have been on a few cruises and ready to go on another soon. I basically am using most my clothes from a cruise two years ago & haven't worn them since the last cruise!

Not a whole closet full...not even close, but, could probably fill a bin anyways. I did go thru and get rid of the out dated things.

Bought only a few items for this cruise (since I already had most from last cruise), and some updated jewelry.

Now, I still have a bit of time before I leave, so, hopefully I'll stay strong and not buy anymore. :)

OHMYGOODNESS - and i thought I was the only one that 'weighed' things in my hand while shopping - wondering if people thought I was strange? LOL - also look at washing instructions and how easy an item will pack! Everything is bought with a potential cruise in mind :D

My latest find: http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/thebay/brands/plus-size-tops/plus-floral-burnout-tee-0001-h52633bl193--24

Passes the 'cruise' test- very lightweight - should pack well - can also wear it to work - have a matching pale pink guess watch that goes great with it - and I can also wear it to work - much prettier in person too! :)

Depending on time of year, I take the clothes I wear everyday....(except for formal wear..I don't wear THAT everyday!!!)...I only buy something if it works for me at home. I don't buy specifically for vacation.

I was going to say the same thing. I only buy stuff that I can use on a regular basis at home. Luckily for me, I live in a coastal community and work in an office with a fairly relaxed dress code. Our usual office dress code is what cruise lines usually term as "smart casual."

I am also lucky enough to live by an outlet mall with a J.Jill and Chico's. I love their clothes anyhow, but they seem have a lot of great "cruiseworthy" clothes.

Everything I have this time will definitely fit into one suitcase. We are driving in, so I am okay with having a larger suitcase. If we were flying in, I would try to condense down even more to one carry on. And I think I could do it this time.

We could start a 12 step program but I am not sure any of us really want to be cured!:D

LOL...I doubt we would want to do that :D.

For fun, this is my Saks statements for the last five months. This is not include Meiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Visa and American Express. To be honest, I spent average between $10,000 to $15,000 a month. This is not for cruise. I just love to shop :D

I sure hope those are all YOUR credit cards.

Marie, we only wish we could buy like you do. Most of us cannot, but I know how you have been so kind in giving away your dresses, purses, and shoes. Your hats are fabulous and maybe those are on your sharing pile too.

We are loving your fashion sense which give us ideas too, only on a lower price point.

Continue posting pictures!:)

Marie, I agree 100% with cruzime!

You are the most generous person I know and I just love seeing all the things you buy and wear.

Keep posting pictures!

I could never be able to pay what you do for your clothes but it is still fun shopping on my budget and trying to find things that look as much as possible to the items that you have posted that I love. (I hope that made sense) ;) :)

You have such a great taste in clothes and fashion and it really helps those of us like me that are fashion challenged!:eek:

I hope everyone has a great day,

Gerry

We could start a 12 step program but I am not sure any of us really want to be cured!:D

LOL...I doubt we would want to do that :D.

For fun, this is my Saks statements for the last five months. This is not include Meiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Visa and American Express. To be honest, I spent average between $10,000 to $15,000 a month. This is not for cruise. I just love to shop :D

Why I would love to have your budget I doubt I could shop $15,000 worth every month .