Master Chef's Dinner

ithaca gal

It is not always called the Master Chef's Table on all ships.

Picture from our recent cruise:

2015%20Zuiderdam%20Ship%20pictures%20022_zpsnlx2b86n.jpg

Holland America is not consistent in what they call this dinner:

- Master Chef's Table

-Master Chef's Room (that really refers to the back room)

-Master Chef Rudi's Tasting menu

Whatever it is called, it's been a terrific event both times we've tried it on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

That is surprising that they didn't have enough people. Our last cruise on the Noordam had 18 people in the back room for this dinner.

Unfortunately, it wasn't surprising at all. We didn't talk to anybody who had even heard about this dinner. They did virtually nothing to promote the dinner or even make people aware of something like this existed. The cancellation was totally avoidable if anyone had been interested enough in promoting it. Certainly seems like they didn't want to do the dinner

Holland America is not consistent in what they call this dinner:

- Master Chef's Table

-Master Chef's Room (that really refers to the back room)

-Master Chef Rudi's Tasting menu

Whatever it is called, it's been a terrific event both times we've tried it on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

HAL is not consistent in many things from ship to ship.

We have done the dinner about 8 times and have loved each one as well.

That is surprising that they didn't have enough people. Our last cruise on the Noordam had 18 people in the back room for this dinner.

On our last two cruises, NA (March 2015) and Noordam in Caribbean (Dec 2015) the dinner was not offered as not enough people signed up. We put in our request on our initial visit to Neptune Lounge on embarkation. Actually kind of disappointing as we enjoy it.

Dennis

Unfortunately, it wasn't surprising at all. We didn't talk to anybody who had even heard about this dinner. They did virtually nothing to promote the dinner or even make people aware of something like this existed. The cancellation was totally avoidable if anyone had been interested enough in promoting it. Certainly seems like they didn't want to do the dinner

Same thing with us. No mention of the opportunity at all. All week I assumed it was because it was sold out. Quite the opposite.

On another note, they cancelled some of the mixology classes. They only hold them if there are at least 6 people. That I find even more ridiculous since mixology doesn't have to open a bottle of wine and possibly have significant waste. If there are only 4 people then just MIX LESS!

I mean I love HAL and all that jazz, but that is just plain laziness.

Same thing with us. No mention of the opportunity at all. All week I assumed it was because it was sold out. Quite the opposite.

On another note, they cancelled some of the mixology classes. They only hold them if there are at least 6 people. That I find even more ridiculous since mixology doesn't have to open a bottle of wine and possibly have significant waste. If there are only 4 people then just MIX LESS!

I mean I love HAL and all that jazz, but that is just plain laziness.

I can't think of anything else to call it.