Norwegian Star Dining Reservations Help!

klannin

I have the Dining package and am trying to make reservations for 2 for Teppanyaki. All I get is a 9:30pm time for 2, if you put 4 people in you can get a better time. Is it possible to do this? or should I wait till I board and have Butler do, as we are staying for the first time in a SJ Suite? Any help and tips would be appreciated. Also should I do all nights in advance, to insure we will get in. We are on a 14 day TA.

Same with us when we put in for 3. We decided to make reservations at whatever time was available and then have the concierge/butler sort it out onboard. This cruise will probably sail full and pretty much everyone has the UDP becuase they did not offer the UBP on the transatlantic. I suspect the paid dining venues will be very busy...

We usually give the list of dining times we'd like to the Concierge while sitting in the lounge waiting to board. The last three cruises, the Asst. Concierge (not sure if that is their official title or not) has booked our reservations while we were sitting there waiting. They usually have a laptop their in the lounge. We've always gotten our times (within 15 minutes of the requested time) - the only mistake we made last cruise was not checking to see when the Captain's Party was for suite guests and booking a reservation during that time. We just skipped the reception.

Have fun!

We just got off the Star last Sunday - sailed in a suite - and regretted not giving our list to the concierge when we were waiting to board. He gave us the sheet to choose our specialty dining, I figured we'd do it later. Tried to do it later and everything was full except for La Cucina at 9pm on one day and 9:30 on the next. He couldn't do anything at all for us. Give the sheet to your concierge when you are waiting to board or you will be outta luck.

I have the Dining package and am trying to make reservations for 2 for Teppanyaki. All I get is a 9:30pm time for 2, if you put 4 people in you can get a better time. Is it possible to do this? or should I wait till I board and have Butler do, as we are staying for the first time in a SJ Suite? Any help and tips would be appreciated. Also should I do all nights in advance, to insure we will get in. We are on a 14 day TA.

on star there are only 12 spots in teppanyaki and only 2 seatings a night, one at 2000 and the other at 2130, therefore it will be more difficult to book. use the concierge early and you may have better luck, since they won't block out all seats prior to departure. will be on the same cruise. have a great voyage.

I'm wondering if you could book for 4 people (as long as they don't charge you, since you have the dining package)...and then you can cancel 2 when you get there?

When we cruised in January, I had to make all reservations for 6 people, even though we were a group of 5...since 5 wasn't an option for online reservations.

on star there are only 12 spots in teppanyaki and only 2 seatings a night, one at 2000 and the other at 2130, therefore it will be more difficult to book.

We are booked on the Star in June, and they have 3 (three) seatings listed for the Teppanyaki 6.30pm, 8.00pm and 9.30 pm. But the 6.30 is only available when I try to book more than 2 person - maybe because that time is more suitable for families with children? (Just guessing). The availability for two persons vary a little on different dates, some evenings I can choose only 9.30 and other evenings I have the choice between both 8.00 and 9.30 - so it obviously also depends on what is already pre-booked by others....

We usually give the list of dining times we'd like to the Concierge while sitting in the lounge waiting to board. The last three cruises, the Asst. Concierge (not sure if that is their official title or not) has booked our reservations while we were sitting there waiting. They usually have a laptop their in the lounge. We've always gotten our times (within 15 minutes of the requested time) - the only mistake we made last cruise was not checking to see when the Captain's Party was for suite guests and booking a reservation during that time. We just skipped the reception.

Have fun!

Good point regarding the Captains party. Do you remember what time it is usually held at?

We are on the Star in June and are a party of 3. There were no options for 3 people, so we booked a party of 4 at 6:30. We have the UDP and weren't charged. I figure we'll sort it out on the ship.