Couple Question for a Newbie - Oasis of the Seas

coangler

So my wife and I are cruising on the Oasis of the Seas later this year, and I have a couple of questions I could use some help with.

1. Since we have an ocean view balcony cabin, we would like to have some meals out there to enjoy the view, privacy, etc. Is it allowed to bring food back to our cabin from say the Windjammer buffet or the Park Cafe, and eat it on our balcony? The room service menu is not very extensive...

2. We have some shipboard credit, about $400. I assume that is available as soon as we create our onboard accound? And if not, and we start racking up charges, can we apply our onboard credit to charges already incurred?

3. How soon in advance are we able to pre-book shows, comedy clubs, etc. It appears we can already make dining reservations, but when I search for entertainment, nothing shows up...

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge and experience.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You may get better info on these questions by reposting it in the RCI section.

1. Yes, you can bring back food from the buffet

2. OBC should be on your account when you board. If not, it will automatically offset any charges when it is posted.

1. Absolutely. Enjoy that balcony!!!

2. It may take a day or two for the OBC to post to your account once you are on the ship but it will apply to all the items you charged from the moment you step on the ship.

3. When you log on and look at your reservation it should say when you can make reservations. I can't remember for sure but I'm thinking 90 days out. Try to make a reservation and it should either let you do it or pop up and tell you you have to wait until XX days out from the sailing date.

Have a GREAT time!!! Oasis is a great ship. Easy to get around. Never seems crowded. Easy on and easy off. Enjoy!!!!! :D

So my wife and I are cruising on the Oasis of the Seas later this year, and I have a couple of questions I could use some help with.

1. Since we have an ocean view balcony cabin, we would like to have some meals out there to enjoy the view, privacy, etc. Is it allowed to bring food back to our cabin from say the Windjammer buffet or the Park Cafe, and eat it on our balcony? The room service menu is not very extensive... there's not really any room to do so and certainly no table, also no take out boxes or trays. a plate of pastries at breakfast: dioable. but coffee is not gonna happen easily( no lids)

2. We have some shipboard credit, about $400. I assume that is available as soon as we create our onboard accound? And if not, and we start racking up charges, can we apply our onboard credit to charges already incurred? generally speaking any OBC gets used up first. it is available the second you step foot on board

3. How soon in advance are we able to pre-book shows, comedy clubs, etc. It appears we can already make dining reservations, but when I search for entertainment, nothing shows up... just keep checking. I never pre book anything so never pay attention to when such things become available

don't knock the RS menu. the burger is pretty dang tasty.

1. Since we have an ocean view balcony cabin, we would like to have some meals out there to enjoy the view, privacy, etc. Is it allowed to bring food back to our cabin from say the Windjammer buffet or the Park Cafe, and eat it on our balcony? The room service menu is not very extensive...

2. We have some shipboard credit, about $400. I assume that is available as soon as we create our onboard accound? And if not, and we start racking up charges, can we apply our onboard credit to charges already incurred?

3. How soon in advance are we able to pre-book shows, comedy clubs, etc. It appears we can already make dining reservations, but when I search for entertainment, nothing shows up...

1. You can bring food to your cabin from any venue.

One thing you should know is that the table on the balcony is low - about the same height as your chair seat - like a side table. You can eat out there but mainly the table is good for putting drinks on. There are outdoor tables (though not water view) at all the venues in Central Park. BTW, definitely get reservations for any specialty restaurant you want to eat at as these tend to fill up - especially the steakhouse. The roast beef sandwiches at Park Cafe are great! I love Izumi and also 150 Central Park. I have not been onboard since Dynamic Dining was introduced, but I think it would be fun to try the different restaurants, both extra fee and free! The Broadway show on Oasis is "Cats" -in case you have not seen it, it is 3 hours of people dressed up as cats singing. As with anything, some people love it, other's don't. Chef's table - you have to call RCCL to get registered for this - is GREAT and very memorable - only 14 or so guests per night get this experience and it is well worth it.

2. Shipboard credit should show up automatically in your account. Check with guest services to make sure it has appeared, otherwise you may have to contact your travel agent.

3. Entertainment shows up about a month after dining reservations. Keep checking back each week and then you will be able to book it. The Prohibition Party tends to show up even later than all the shows and the time for this party is often changed after booking. Not sure why, but it's just something to expect.

Balcony tables on the Oasis are the correct height for eating (at least in the three balcony rooms we've stayed in). OBC will generally be available immediately but could take 1-2 days to show up. Either way, any charges will be deducted from it when it does appear on your account. Definitely pre-book shows if you want to attend and not stand in the stand-by line. This is especially true for the comedy shows as it's a small venue. If you can book dining, entertainment should show up soon.

Eating on the balcony is difficult....there is no dining table...and putting food and drinks on a 1 sq ft. patio table doesn't work. Good idea in theory...not so hot in practice!

Your OBC is a credit against any charges you make.

Oops, I just looked at photos and the balcony tables are correct table height, although small. I stand corrected. Good catch, KMaine!

A tip for OP, let room service come into the room and close the door to the hallway BEFORE opening the door to the balcony. Otherwise you will create a wind tunnel.