Dynamic Dining "Classic" Late on Anthem/Quantum Class

Comments above make very good sense, I can only tell you what I was told.

We are on a 3 day cruise and they still gave us that 4 day rotation pattern.

On a big ship i.m.o you need to add in 10/15 minutes time to find and get to venues, wait on lifts etc so for me the times were too tight for the early dinner, may be just fine for others who perhaps eat and walk faster than I do.

Looking forward to it all anyway.

When do you get the rotation order?

We sail Anthem in August and were able to book Classic 2 through our TA. I never received word from RC, I just followed up after reading about it here, when I called in even the TA wasn't familiar with the option. I still didn't think that the time worked well for the times for two of the three reserved shows, so for one we are going to try Divinly Decadence and for the other we are booked at Jamie Oliver's Italian. Since people seemed to say that the reservation system was slow and tricky, it seemed to make life easier just to have the set rotational dining. It is something that works really well on the Disney ships and gives us one less thing to worry about.
I guess I was wrong about Classic not being rolled out on AN until she comes to Bayonne.

Please post about your experiences on AN with Classic dining.

I guess I was wrong about Classic not being rolled out on AN until she comes to Bayonne.

Please post about your experiences on AN with Classic dining.

Anthem is launching with Classic dining, so I'd expect to start seeing reviews in a couple of weeks.

I am scheduled o the anthem of the seas in May out of Southampton and sad to say that dynamic dining was available but not available when I booked. They said it was closed. So they are limiting number of people to do it may be because it is new? Nonetheless we have classic and hope to change it once on board.

I am scheduled o the anthem of the seas in May out of Southampton and sad to say that dynamic dining was available but not available when I booked. They said it was closed. So they are limiting number of people to do it may be because it is new? Nonetheless we have classic and hope to change it once on board.

There are limited places for classic, and most people sailing in May would have already reserved their dynamic dining before classic was launched.

I am booked on the Anthem in July 2015 and we have the Classic 1 (6:00pm). Having only sailed on Disney this dining style made the most sense to me and we are sailing with 10 people, four of which will be kids, 14-8. I was under the impression that we got to choose our rotation or the restaurants we wanted to go to. The RCCI representative that I spoke with told me we could opt out The Grande but maybe I misinterpreted. Maybe she meant we could opt out by not going that night. I know on DCL you have a rotation through the three restaurants.

How long before options begin to open up in the cruise planner to book? I didn't realize that you have to book shows, etc...

Debbie

I am booked on the Anthem in July 2015 and we have the Classic 1 (6:00pm). Having only sailed on Disney this dining style made the most sense to me and we are sailing with 10 people, four of which will be kids, 14-8. I was under the impression that we got to choose our rotation or the restaurants we wanted to go to. The RCCI representative that I spoke with told me we could opt out The Grande but maybe I misinterpreted. Maybe she meant we could opt out by not going that night. I know on DCL you have a rotation through the three restaurants.

How long before options begin to open up in the cruise planner to book? I didn't realize that you have to book shows, etc...

Debbie

Shows should be open for booking for your July sailing now

I've read all the reviews, most people report it's not taking longer at all, especially on recent sailings.
We were on Quantum last week. The first few dinners were long....day one was over two hours. Service was slow but did improve as the week went on.

We were on Quantum last week. The first few dinners were long....day one was over two hours. Service was slow but did improve as the week went on.

I think that's because they have all new staff again now, training them for China. Whereas I believe most of the staff from Quantum who were "uo to speed" are transferring to Anthem?

My parents are sailing on Quantum April 24th and they are signed up for Classic Dining. They have their rotation of complimentary restaurants, and they scheduled some specialty restaurants. Comp restaurant reservations are set for 6pm since that is non-negotiable, however, they scheduled their specialty restaurants for whatever time they wanted. Limited number of people can sign up for Classic Dining. Has anyone experienced this yet?? It will be interesting to hear their experience. They have sailed Disney and are experienced with rotational dining.

No one has experienced the Classic version of DD yet -the maiden voyage of the Anthem next week is the first sailing with this feature. I'm surprised RCI is making Classic available on the last sailing of Quantum in the US.

Edited by Biker19

I think that's because they have all new staff again now, training them for China. Whereas I believe most of the staff from Quantum who were "uo to speed" are transferring to Anthem?
Yes, the trainees did have an impact on the service. I'm not sure if this is why the ship in general felt as though they were understaffed. Overall, the service on Quantum did not meet the usual Royal Caribbean standards.

Hopefully service will be much improved on Anthem.

Hi,

We booked in January but only started reserving shows and dining yesterday. We had no problem in coordinating dining with shows. You just have to be flexible on times. We are seeing one show in the afternoon and the other two are quite late. Main problem was trying to get the Grande before 8.45pm on any night. All the best!

Edited by Fly320
spelling

I've just booked Anthem for the 30th April 3 night sailing and looking at my booking see that my dining has now been changed from 'Open' to 'Dynamic Dining Classic Late' which I am very pleased about because I am travelling solo on this cruise. Although I am happy to cruise on my own I do like to meet up with the same group of people for dinner in the evening and the original dynamic dining would not have enabled me to do that.

I'm wondering how I will be notified of the order of the restaurants and if one of them is Grande I'm thinking I will need to pack something suitably formal. Really hoping that Silk is one of them. Looking forward to this cruise to see all the new and exciting venues and features although I usually prefer smaller ships.

I've just booked Anthem for the 30th April 3 night sailing and looking at my booking see that my dining has now been changed from 'Open' to 'Dynamic Dining Classic Late' which I am very pleased about because I am travelling solo on this cruise. Although I am happy to cruise on my own I do like to meet up with the same group of people for dinner in the evening and the original dynamic dining would not have enabled me to do that.

I'm wondering how I will be notified of the order of the restaurants and if one of them is Grande I'm thinking I will need to pack something suitably formal. Really hoping that Silk is one of them. Looking forward to this cruise to see all the new and exciting venues and features although I usually prefer smaller ships.

Good to hear that you got Classic so easily. I hope it is that way if OA has DD when we sail on her in 2017.